COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo— In the interest of public health and safety during the COVID-19 global pandemic, the 2020 Bike to Work Day, originally scheduled for June 24, will transform into a week-long celebration supporting businesses, June 22-28. Instead of riders grabbing free breakfast at stations along their commute to work, riders are encouraged to support Colorado Springs businesses by bike.
During "Bike to Biz Week" residents are encouraged to ride to their favorite coffee shop, store, restaurant or curbside pickup for dinner, doctor's appointment, or other neighborhood businesses they can get to by bike.
Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/BikeToBizCOS to join the fun.
- The public is invited to join a community Facebook group, "BikeToBizCOS" Share a special moment tagging a favorite businesses and post to the group or use the hashtag #BikeToBizCOS on Twitter and Instagram. People are encouraged to ride often, share their photos and be on the lookout for opportunities to win great surprises
More on Colorado Desk
- Tts 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- Author and Investigative Reporter Susan Antilla Honored by Her Peers as a Business News Visionary
- Secret Walls Academy X Silverstreetz
- Gift Giveaways The New Marketing Solution
Colorado Springs Businesses:
- Join the community "BikeToBizCOS" Facebook group Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/BikeToBizCOS for tools and tips to encourage riders to visit your business throughout the week
"Over the last several Bike to Work Days, our business community has come out in force to support people on bikes. Now it's our chance to return the favor. This year, with many of our businesses hurting due to the pandemic, let's follow public health guidance and use our bikes to help our business community stay strong," said Kate Brady, Senior Bicycle Planner for the City of Colorado Springs.
Riders are encouraged to follow safe riding and social distance guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
More on Colorado Desk
- MBK Senior Living Names 7 Pursuit of Excellence Award Winners
- Colorado Springs: Public Comment Opportunity: Proposed Changes to Community Development Division Planning Documents for CARES Act Funding
- Happy 149th Birthday, Colorado Springs!
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Colorado Springs: CSPM Celebrates City's Sesquicentennial with COS@150 Exhibit
- Ride solo or with members of your household Maintain a 6-foot physical distance Communicate with others on trails or streets Wear a face covering, especially around others Consider taking the roads less traveled, to ease crowding in our parks and on our trails. Practice good hygiene: wash hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
BikeToBizCOS Week is organized by the City of Colorado Springs and sponsored in part by KOAA News5, Magic 98.5 FM and The Colorado Springs Independent Newspaper. A special thanks to our organizing sponsors Bike Colorado Springs, Support the Springs and CONO, the Council of Neighbors and Organizations.
Please note: This event is subject to change based on current public health orders.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs Podcast: It's up to you
- Rail-Veyor Wins 2020 Mining Cleantech Challenge
- Rock and Roll San Diego Introduces New Livestreaming Feature
- Braeden Lichti - The Rise of Connected Devices in the Healthcare Industry
- Maga Land Game Currently in Development with Retro Bit Shift
- Fennemore Craig and Dowling Aaron Vote to Merge and Form a Powerful, Full-Service Law Firm in the West
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Defies Pandemic Headwind to Raise Expansion Capital
- DH2i to Address How to Mitigate Microsoft SQL Server Costs Amidst Pandemic-Ravaged Budgets
- Sensory Analytics Awarded European Patent for Coating Thickness Measurement
- GymNation reaches milestone of 1 million member visits!
- Western Pennsylvania Health Provider Chooses Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Zyxel Communications LATAM And Axiros Establish A Strategic Partnership In Service Automation For Communication Service Provider in South America
- Colorado: Central Collections Services Closure Notice
- Inaugural "Per Invite" Virtual Italian Comedy Film Festival Jul 31- Sep 5 2020
- ConnectIT Service Is Now Elevant - Providing Building Efficiency Solutions
- Q2 Commercial Real Estate Market Report
- Colorado Springs: 2C Paving update 7/24/2020
- PEP Travel Group Partners with The On It Foundation to Help Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship
- MG Stover To Utilize Coin Metrics, Offering Clients Secondary Pricing and Validating Internal Controls
- Prism Digital Wins Digital Marketing Contract for Vitane Pharma-a leading USA based Nutraceutical