- Legacy Distribution Group to Begin Distribution for Rap Snacks
- Colorado: Governor Polis: Get Your Booster Following Additional FDA, CDC Authorization of Booster Shots
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Yolanda M. Fennick to the El Paso County Court in the 4th Judicial District
Being a Caregiver Takes a Personal Toll
Caregiving's toll on career, personal health, finances, family relationships, and marriage is significant and underreported. According to Pamela D Wilson, a national caregiving expert,
"Many caregivers keep going and wait to seek help until family care situations reach a crisis. Education for caregivers is lacking about the many considerations and importance of making a plan for the care of parents before options become limited by health and other constraints."
Caregiver Support is Lacking in the Workplace
This growing number of caregivers makes it challenging for human resource managers to identify and offer support programs for employees caring for aging parents. HR family care benefits typically focus on child care and related programs. Programs providing education and support for caring for aging parents are less common.
More on Colorado Desk
- 11:15 ET A Message from the National Solar Conference Chair
- Best Buy Black Friday 2021 from Nadula Hair-Grab with Both Hands!
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Andy Harris To Speak at Chief Executive Conference
- Axiros Launches New Release of AXACT 2021.4
- Colorado: Office of Saving People Money on Health Care Releases Report on Broad Financial Impacts of High Health Care Costs
How Does Becoming a Caregiver Happen?
The phone rings at midnight. Adult children find themselves flying across the country to rush to the rescue of elderly parents experiencing a heart attack, stroke, or hip fracture.
In other cases, children helping out with errands or grocery shopping soon find themselves coordinating medical care and attending doctor appointments. The complexities of caring for elderly parents can feel overwhelming for caregivers who worry about what might happen next.
What Support Do Caregivers Need?
Caregivers burning the candle at both ends struggle to succeed at remaining employed and trying to help elderly parents. Busy caregivers lack time to identify trustworthy resources and information.
The needs of caregivers vary by the situation and focus on three primary concerns: who will provide care, where will care be provided, and who will pay for care. Secondarily navigating the healthcare system, managing hospitalizations, investigating care communities, in-home care support programs, and becoming aware of related services are other areas of beneficial support.
Wilson creates programs for family caregivers, groups, and corporations that address topics raised in employee surveys or other avenues of communication. Her down-to-earth style places audiences at ease when discussing very personal and emotional situations.
More on Colorado Desk
- Blackground Records 2.0 Announces 2 Sisters as President and Head of Publicity
- eNubia 2nd Annual Commercializing African Innovation Forum (CAIF) in partnership with African Union
- MedWand Solutions, Inc. Imagines a Better FUTURE with Smithsonian's First Large-Scale Exploration Exhibit
- GBKSOFT Shares Top 3 CRM Development Trends to Follow in 2021
- Colorado: Polis-Primavera Administration Launches Historic Program to Connect Youth to Free Counseling Sessions
Pamela D Wilson Offers Unique Experience and Proven Advice for Caregivers
Wilson's experience providing direct care in the roles of geriatric care manager, medical and financial power of attorney, court-appointed guardian, trustee, and the personal representative of the estate for more than twenty years places her in a unique position as an advocate, eldercare consultant, and educator. She can discuss and respond to questions about all aspects of caregiving including family dynamics, care refusals by parents, care costs, care communities, medical concerns of the elderly, managing care providers, dementia, legal planning, and end of life care.
More about Wilson's online webinar courses, individual elder care consultations, caregiver speaking engagements on-site and virtual, and brand collaborations are on her website www.pameladwilson.com. Pamela may be contacted at +1 303-810-1816 or through the contact Me page on her website.
SOURCE Pamela D Wilson, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- The Ancient Medicine Provides Solution to Modern Infertility Problem in Monmouth County, NJ
- Informer Repeats as Best Price to Value in BARC BI & Analytics 2022 Survey
- 4 Reasons Why Retail Media is indispensable for CPG Brands
- Business Help Network Announces The Big Push: Q4 Summit, a Virtual Event that Helps Entrepreneurs Succeed
- Sidow Sobrino duo releases first collaborative LP
- 22:41 ET Denver, Colorado Has A Shining Star In Rising Recording Artist, Caelum
- Colorado: Governor Polis Orders Flags Lowered to Honor Yuma Firefighter Darcy Stallings
- IAC retains Newmark for 7711 E Pleasant Valley Rd, Independence, OH
- Regent Surgical Health Announces Jeff Andrews as Chief Operating Officer
- FreeFall 5G Unveils Unique mmWave Advanced Antenna System for Next Generation Commercial Telecom Equipment at Mobile World Congress Los Angeles 2021
- 15 Items to Gather After a Loved One Dies
- Kathairos Solutions Wins the 2021 Oil & Gas Cleantech Challenge
- Colorado Palliative & Hospice Care Of Denver Achieves Partner Level Three - We Honor Veterans
- 11Sight Receives Prestigious Recognition from the International Trade Council
- 08:34 ET TextUs Launches Workday Integration
- Triumph Technology Solutions (Triumph Tech), announced today that it has achieved the AWS QuickS
- America United International steps up to halt weaponization of America's legal system and related judicial corruption
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Urges Coloradans to Get Vaccinated and to Receive Booster
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
- Colorado Springs: City to begin maintenance project Monday on Pikes Peak Greenway Trail