- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Two New Editions Featuring Insights From Top F&B Experts
The festivities will take place on Saturday, July 31, 2021. This once-in-a-lifetime celebration offers something for everyone and admission is free.
Parade on Tejon St.
The day begins with a parade at 11 a.m. on Tejon Street from Cache la Poudre Street to Vermijo Avenue. More than 50 entries from community members and local businesses and organizations will entertain attendees with a historic "parade through time" theme that represents key moments in Colorado Springs history. This will be the first downtown parade in the city since 2019 due to previous COVID-19 restrictions. Arrive early to get the best spot.
Street festival on Vermijo Ave.
The parade will immediately be followed by an all-day street festival on the city's newest signature street, Vermijo Avenue, stretching four blocks from the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum. Visitors can interact with more than 60 booths and activities that honor the city's past and celebrate its future. There will also be 24 food trucks, beer gardens and two stages with a combined 16 hours of programming, including live music from popular local bands like Martini Shot.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
The festival will be arranged in the following zones running from east to west:
- Kids and Family
- Pikes Peak Regional Culture and History
- Outdoor Recreation
- Science and Technology
- Tokyo Games Fan Zone
Among the activities are stations to make a commemorative 150th birthday hat, panning for gold, a mechanical bull, blacksmith demonstrations and cultural performances on the historic gazebo in Alamo Square Park.
There will also be Olympic and Paralympic athletes on hand (Jackie Joyner Kersee, Bonnie Blair and McKenna Geer) for live panel discussions and autograph signings, a livestreamed broadcast of the Olympic Games on a 50-foot outdoor screen, high-flying sport demonstrations, and much more. The USOPM's Tokyo Games Fan Fest is a free, four-day event from July 29-Aug. 1 on its outdoor plaza.
More on Colorado Desk
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- Colorado Springs: Frontier Airlines Now Offers Service to Orlando from COS
- September 15 is National Online Learning Day - LearningRx Brain Training Offers Online Training
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
Follow the COS 150: Downtown Celebration Facebook event page for additional information as it's released this month, like the full parade and entertainment lineup. The event is also actively soliciting volunteers, vendors and additional parade entries, though spots are filling fast. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and meal at the festival. Learn more at ColoradoSprings.gov/COS150DowntownCelebration.
The COS 150 Downtown Celebration is hosted by the City of Colorado Springs in partnership with the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum (CSPM), Colorado Springs Sports Corporation and U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum (USOPM).
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Provides Update on COVID-19 & Plans for Vaccine Boosters
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- SS&C ALPS Advisors To Close An Exchange Traded Fund
- Braeden Lichti: How Have Pandemic Supply Chain Issues Impacted Businesses and Wall Street?
- Great Wine Gift: A Wine Lovers Paradise, For Any And Everything Wine Accessory Related
- Three Innovative New Buildings Welcome Students Back to the University of Denver Campus This Fall
- Governor Polis, Senator Bennet & State of Colorado Launch Campaign To Ensure Every Colorado Family Can Access Child Tax Credit
- National Association of Tax Professionals releases annual tax preparer fee study
- CORA Vascular Interventional Radiologists strive to save limbs, save lives
- Colorado Springs: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services accepting photo submissions for 2022 calendar
- Loftus Wealth Strategies Celebrates 10 Years with Strategic Expansion
- In a New York Minute : Voglia Swimwear Showcases at New York Fashion Week
- Genmega Launches New Website for ATMs and Kiosks