- Colorado: Gov. Polis Announces Boards and Commissions Appointments
- Colorado Springs: Make your voice heard with CONO's Neighborhood University
- Civitas Resources, Inc. Repurchases $300 Million of its Common Stock
The previous sign at the entrance of Garden of Gods Park (Gateway Road) was set in 1994 and made of two large sandstone slabs. Moving that sign to the new location was considered; however, an inspection revealed weathering, cracking and structurally significant damage to two of the sandstones. A cost and risk analysis determined the sign should be replaced. The new sandstone sign was cut from the same Lyons, Colorado quarry as the original stones, engraved with matching font and size as well.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Podcast: Focusing on Victims
- John Atencio Instagram – New Look and Feel
- Point-In-Time Count underway in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs: City Council seeks volunteers to serve on Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Traveling Shamans Camp 2023 Open Registration
The second phase of the 30th Street corridor construction started in mid-June and includes work on 30th Street between Gateway Road and Fontanero Street. It requires visitors to access the Garden of the Gods Park and Visitor & Nature Center from the north. The Foothills Trail reopened in early August, along with a new multi-use trail underpass beneath Gateway Road. The new connection allows bikes and pedestrians to cross under the road without having to negotiate traffic. Expected project completion of the entire project is summer 2023, weather dependent.
The primary goal of the 30th Street Corridor Reconstruction project is to increase safety through the corridor. This is being achieved by adding multi-purpose shoulders and new roundabout at the Gateway intersection, providing better access for emergency vehicles and evacuation. The project is also including stormwater improvements, replacing the existing aging street pavement, stabilizing the adjacent hillside slopes, replacing aged water and sewer lines, and improving safety and mobility at corridor intersections. For project information visit ColoradoSprings.gov/30thStreet.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Abusive Russian to face Pro Wrestling Legend!
- Jim Wilson, Top Notch Realtor in waterfront and beach properties in Redington, Redington Shores, and North Redington Beach, FLorida
- Dr. David Whittaker joins Alio as Chief Medical Officer
- Colorado: Polis Administration Continues to Support Workforce Development in the Outdoor Recreation Industry: OREC Announces New Grant
- John Atencio Introduces The Endearment Birthstone Collection
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers
- Colorado Springs Airport Sees Highest Enplanements in 22 Years!
- Cascade Asset Management Releases its 9th Annual IT Asset Disposition Benchmarking Report
- FluentStream Announces Strategic Partnership with SkyComm Connect
- Electives, Inc. doubles its live learning library to include more than 450 classes
- Meati Foods Opens "Mega Ranch" Production Facility to Accelerate Availability, Supported by Oversubscribed Series C Funding
- Paragon 28, Inc. Announces Pricing of Public Offering
- Bottled Ambrosia Launches to Provide Access to the Best European Organic Baby Formulas for US and Canadian Families
- Denver Mayoral Candidate, Thomas Wolf, Launches GoFundMe for sidewalk advocate, Jill Locantore
- Mountaingate Capital Completes Investment in WTWH Media
- John Atencio To Introduce New Precious Silver & Gold Heart Designs In Time For Valentine's
- Promoting Statewide Access to Venture Funding: State Renews Partnership with Greater Colorado Venture Fund to Support Rural Businesses
- Colorado Springs: CSPD receives Grant to Improve Safety at Memorial Park
- Colorado Springs: Podcast: What is PPRTA?
- Yida Gao, Shima Capital Recognized for Prolific Deal Activity