- Promote Your SoundCloud and YouTube Video Online with the help of Music Promotion Club
- Alterra Mountain Company Names New President & COO of Mammoth Mountain & June Mountain in California
- Fund Street Technologies Brand, One Park Financial is Certified 4 Years in a Row as a Great Place to Work®
City events and important information for Memorial Day weekend:
Pikes Peak – America's Mountain summer hours begin Friday, May 28
May 28-Sept. 6: 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, last entry at 6 p.m. – weather permitting
Note: Due to spring weather delays that have impacted the construction schedule of the Pikes Peak Summit Complex, the summit will remain closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic until June 15. Weather permitting, guests are still able to park at Devils Playground where they can enjoy views from 13,500 feet and hike various trails. For more information, visit PikesPeakColorado.com.
Summer watercraft hours at Prospect Lake begin Friday, May 28
The lake is open from sunrise to sunset daily, but watercraft access varies by day.
Motorized watercraft: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Non-motorized watercraft: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Additional details at: ColoradoSprings.gov/parks/page/lakes-boating-and-fishing
More on Colorado Desk
- Wiland, Inc. Announcement
- Colorado Springs: Fall 2021 Public Meeting Survey
- Simplifya Makes Major Q2 Moves with Closing of $6 Million Series B Round, Addition of Jeff Katz to Board of Directors and Imminent Launch of TENDRTM Payment Processing Solution
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
Fountains and Spray Grounds Opening Day: Saturday, May 29, and Tuesday, June 1
Julie Penrose Fountain
America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive
May 29-Sept. 6
Daily; 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Acacia Park, 115 East Platte Avenue
May 29-Sept. 6
Daily; Noon-6 p.m.
The Water Hole at Venezia
John Venezia Park, 3555 Briargate Pkwy
May 29-Sept. 6
Daily; 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Deerfield Hills Spray Ground
Deerfield Hills Park, 4290 Deerfield Hills Road
June 1-Aug. 8
Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; All other days, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Access to these areas closes during inclement weather and lightning events.
Acacia Park Visitor Hub opens Saturday, May 29
Visitor information and shuffleboard available. For more information, call the Hub at 719-385-6521.
May 29-Sept. 5
Hours vary by day. Sunday-Saturday; noon to 6 p.m.
Outdoor pools open Saturday, May 29
Pools operated through a partnership between the City of Colorado Springs and the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region open Saturday, May 29, weather permitting. Portal Pool will not open for the summer, as it is currently undergoing assessment for repairs. The pools are open to members of the public who purchase a day pass and YMCA members.
Check website for hours & costs
Memorial Day Commemoration at Evergreen Cemetery
The Evergreen Heritage will host its annual Memorial Day Commemoration on Monday (May 31) at the Evergreen Cemetery Historic Chapel (1005 Hancock Expressway), and will include the following activity:
- 10 a.m. – Historic and educational exhibits representing the Civil War to Vietnam eras will be on display in the Historic Evergreen Chapel
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Dianne Hartshorn, Evergreen Heritage director, at 719-460-7328.
More on Colorado Desk
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit
- Veritone Awarded US Patent for Dynamic AI Model Orchestration
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- APX Founder Terri Ross Returns as a Featured Speaker at the 2021 AmSpa Medical Spa & Aesthetic Bootcamps
- OpenSSL 3.0 Release Candidate now available
Patty Jewett and Valley Hi Golf Courses
Both courses open at 6:30 a.m. daily
Tee times can be booked online 7 days in advance. All tee times booked online must be paid online at the time of booking. Book tee times at ColoradoSprings.gov/Golf. Players can book five days in advance by phone or in person. These times can be paid in person on the day of play. Walk on play is permitted if space is available.
Patty Jewett, 900 E. Espanola Street, 719-385-6937
Valley Hi, 610 South Chelton Road, 719-385-6917
Patty Jewett Bar and Grill, 7 a.m. to close
Valley Hi Grill and Pub, 6:30 a.m. to close
Sertich Ice Center
Sertich Ice Center will be open on Memorial Day and will have the following public skating sessions:
Matinee Skate: 12-1:30 p.m.
Power Hour Skate: 3-4 p.m.
Starsmore Visitor and Nature Center
The Starsmore Visitor and Nature Center will be open on Memorial Day from 8 a.m.-4p.m.
Beach House at Prospect Lake expected to open June 14
The Eni R. Jaspersen Beach House at Prospect Lake in Memorial Park is expected to open to the general public June 14, pending water temperature. A grand opening celebration is slated for June 23. The beach house has undergone an extensive $1.4 million renovation with funding from various sources, including two grants from Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO).
The renovated beach house will feature a new concessionaire, indoor and outdoor learning spaces, an outdoor gathering area with boulder seating, an indoor great room for community events, beach volleyball, a lit patio and accessible beach access among other new amenities. Since 2012, the City has partnered with the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region to operate the beach house.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Certified Forensic Death Investigators (CFDI) Program for Criminal Defense Investigators
- Syxsense Welcomes Dave R Taylor as Chief Marketing Officer - Invests to Expand on Growth
- Xtreme Vibe TV Heads To Amazon Prime Video
- Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. Appoints Audrey Robertson to Its Board of Directors
- Rebel Medicine Solves Weight Loss For Moms With Biologically Appropriate Plan, The Diet Killer
- Downtown road closures planned due to Colorado Springs Western Street Breakfast Wednesday, June 16
- Atlant Health - Chiropractic & Functional Medicine announces opening of new location in Midtown New York City
- Robinson moves into the top 10 on "The Fabricator" FAB 40 list
- As the World Returns to Normal, Liquid Core® Gum Company Marks the Comeback of Air Travel with "Live Life & FLY" Campaign
- Prism Continues to Innovate to Help Live Music Industry Pros Bounce Back from a Devastating Year
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Joseph P. Brock, Hired
- Children Rising Launches Free Online Tutoring to Boost COVID Recovery for Elementary School Children
- deepwatch Launches New Mobile Application for Easy Access to Managed Detection and Response Services
- RealTrends Ranks Jennifer Young Homes #58 in the Nation
- Abstract Published in Neuro-Oncology Demonstrates Curtana Pharmaceuticals' CT-179 Prolonged Event-free Survival in an Animal Model of Medulloblastoma
- EclecticIQ Joins Health-ISAC Navigator™ Program
- Solid Power, Industry-leading All-solid-state Battery Producer, To List On NASDAQ Through Merger With Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III
- Guidehouse Insights Anticipates Global Investment in Warehouse Management Systems Infrastructure for the E-Commerce Sector Will Exceed $10 Billion in 2030
- Ping Identity Announces Offering of Common Stock by Selling Stockholders
- Docusign stock sees large unusual options activity