In September 2019, eight months after PlanCOS was adopted unanimously by City Council, the City's updated Comprehensive Plan was recognized by the Colorado Chapter of the American Planning Association for Best General Planning Project (Comprehensive PlanA comprehensive plan is a guiding document that provides a framework for city policies and priorities regarding the physical development of the city. It is a long-range vision of what we want our city to become and is a tool for making decisions about how that vision should be achieved. It outlines strategic steps to make the vision a reality and provides targeted and strategic planning of the physical development of the city.). PlanCOS was acknowledged for excellence in public engagement, graphic design and broad-minded planning strategies and policies.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Pikes Peak – America's Mountain begins summer hours, announces modified shuttle operations to the summit due to COVID-19
- Glass Mosaic Artist Allison Eden Studios Pivots Into Fashion With Face Mask Line
- Startup helps people get back to work, school after pandemic while protecting themselves from coronavirus exposure with face shields
- Coldwell Banker Introduces Over 800-Acre Aspen Valley Ranch For $220 Million
- Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
Input was drawn from over a two and a half year innovative and unrelenting public engagement series of meetings and events (274 meetings) from seventy-five neighborhoods, and 9,000 individual participants.
Congratulations to all those that participated and engaged in PlanCOS!
Mill Street Neighborhood Plan
At the 2019 annual conference of the American Planning Association's Colorado Chapter, the Mill Street Neighborhood Plan earned a Merit Award in the category of Community Resiliency. The plan was recognized for its work in engaging diverse voices and finding practical ways to empower and support a neighborhood undergoing tremendous change.
Over the past few years, resident concerns over shelter expansion, railway noise, and redevelopment uncertainty prompted a public request for a plan. Community Development staff led the project, taking on creative ways to engage the many stakeholders who own, rent, work, and play in the Mill Street neighborhood. The plan addresses safety, affordability, historic character, and various social, physical, and economic impacts of future development. Since getting unanimous approval from City Council in February this year, Community Development staff has been working with multiple departments and agencies to implement the plan's recommendations.
More on Colorado Desk
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
- Colorado Springs Area High School Students & Local High School Receive Scholarship Awards from Jiffy
- Amazing New Kids' Show Born of COVID - Full of Laughter and Surprising Depth
- Stratum Nutrition® Welcomes Kyle Haws as Regional Operations Manager
Congratulations to the planning team and to the dedicated residents and business owners in Mill Street!
Latest on Colorado Desk
- MBK Senior Living Acquires Kirkwood Orange Assisted Living & Memory Care
- Michael Brown joins the Qnext Board Advisory Team and Brings Significant Insight on Applying Cybersecurity & Zero Trust Remote Access to Public Sector
- Symplast Partners with ChangeWell Training Academy to Present Three-Course Webinar Series Focused on Mastering Video Post-COVID
- U.S. Army Selects DiSTI to Build C-RAM II Operator and Maintenance Trainer (OMT)
- CRH Healthcare hires Veteran Operator as COO
- Onlive Server Launched Japan VPS Hosting with Cloud Computing Control Panel
- Student Essay Contest, Hosted By Humanist Canada, Call for Submissions
- CJV Real Estate Has a New Listing in Highlands Ranch, CO 80203
- Colorado Springs: Citywide Graduate Celebration "Be the Light" set for 8:20 p.m. Wednesday
- CJV Real Estate's New Listing: 4 bed, 4 bath in Colorado Springs, CO
- Coherent Logix Joins the Edge AI and Vision Alliance
- Bid4Assets to Host First-Ever Online Tax Sale for Nye County, Nevada Treasurer
- AI.Reverie Wins AFWERX Phase 1 SBIR Award From U.S. Air Force to Enhance Intelligence-Gathering
- Delta Dental of Colorado Announces COVID-19 Relief Response
- NACCE seeks 10 Community Colleges for Continuation of Pilot Phase II with Intuit
- Family-Owned All Volleyball Announces First Two Recipients of Covid-19 Fundraiser Proceeds
- Pandemic reduces car crashes but speeding related accidents surge
- Why Off the rack wedding dresses in Sacramento is a good choice for future brides?
- Disobedient Nation, Disobedient People, Evil They Are! Synonym: Agents of Destruction By Joe Simon
- Scott Z. Burns, Pamela Adlon, A.R. Rahman, Bonnie Wright Highlighted 1st Hollywood Digital Climate Summit By Young Entertainment Activists (YEA!)