In September 2019, eight months after PlanCOS was adopted unanimously by City Council, the City's updated Comprehensive Plan was recognized by the Colorado Chapter of the American Planning Association for Best General Planning Project (Comprehensive PlanA comprehensive plan is a guiding document that provides a framework for city policies and priorities regarding the physical development of the city. It is a long-range vision of what we want our city to become and is a tool for making decisions about how that vision should be achieved. It outlines strategic steps to make the vision a reality and provides targeted and strategic planning of the physical development of the city.). PlanCOS was acknowledged for excellence in public engagement, graphic design and broad-minded planning strategies and policies.
More on Colorado Desk
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Transaction Announcement - Franchise Sandwich Company
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- TCBY to Offer Free Deal for Veterans
Input was drawn from over a two and a half year innovative and unrelenting public engagement series of meetings and events (274 meetings) from seventy-five neighborhoods, and 9,000 individual participants.
Congratulations to all those that participated and engaged in PlanCOS!
Mill Street Neighborhood Plan
At the 2019 annual conference of the American Planning Association's Colorado Chapter, the Mill Street Neighborhood Plan earned a Merit Award in the category of Community Resiliency. The plan was recognized for its work in engaging diverse voices and finding practical ways to empower and support a neighborhood undergoing tremendous change.
Over the past few years, resident concerns over shelter expansion, railway noise, and redevelopment uncertainty prompted a public request for a plan. Community Development staff led the project, taking on creative ways to engage the many stakeholders who own, rent, work, and play in the Mill Street neighborhood. The plan addresses safety, affordability, historic character, and various social, physical, and economic impacts of future development. Since getting unanimous approval from City Council in February this year, Community Development staff has been working with multiple departments and agencies to implement the plan's recommendations.
More on Colorado Desk
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Worldleaders 2019 Sales and Marketing CEO Conference (12/13/2019)
- Menke Celebrates 45 years of Employee Ownership, to Present at the 2019 Employee Owned Conference in Las Vegas
- STFB Inc. Launches SAAS Based ERP System for VAR's, Developers, & Consultants,
- Gov. Murphy, Mayor Fulop & 99 Hudson Panel at Nov 18th Jersey City Summit in 1 Week
Congratulations to the planning team and to the dedicated residents and business owners in Mill Street!
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: City to Observe Veterans Day Monday Nov. 11
- RadonAway Announces New Canada Distribution Partnership with Ontor
- TONY CHILD™ ANNOUNCES: The GratiShift™ 30-DAY CHALLENGE......Shift from "not enough" to "ALWAYS ENOUGH."
- City of Colorado Springs Continues Work on Homelessness Initiative as Temps Drop
- MedAware Systems Named Top Start Up by The Tech Tribune
- Breckenridge November 8, 2019 Opening Day
- Hundred, personalized vitamin brand, raises $8MM from Insight Partners to expand to the US market and change the way you take vitamins
- Digital Media Solutions Acquires Insurtech Company UE.co
- Blooming Culture Offers Pet Parents Relief with Innovative CBD Products to Manage Pet Wellness, Travel, and Dosing
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $5.4M Contract
- Seven Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation 2020 Ranking
- Symplast Founder Dr. Shashi Kusuma to Present Multimedia & Telehealth Breakthroughs at the 2019 QMP Aesthetic Surgery Symposium
- Qwyk signs collaborative deal with Chain.io
- CEO Coaching International Receives Prestigious Customer Service Award
- Singapore Expansion, Next for Astor Capital Funds
- ASTOR CAPITAL PLANS $45 M CLEAN ENERGY INITIATIVE The Astor Capital Fund, Alternate Energy group announces an $45M Commitment to Energy Investing --
- Creativity, Community and Teamwork: Menke ESOP Helps Landscape Architecture Firm MKSK Live Its Values
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore LIVE at The Spare Room Inside Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
- One Park Financial Makes Halloween Happy for Kids
- Revolutionary ELEV8 Powertrain Treatment Introduced