In March 2020, the Division received over $1.5 million in requests for funding through the 2020 Community Development Block Grants Public Services and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds. With only $450,000 available in 2020 Public Services funds and $230,000 in 2020 ESG funds, not all proposed projects could be funded. The slight overage between the CDBG and ESG budget and what was awarded was covered by separate Fair Housing funds for one of the projects that qualified as a Fair Housing activity.
"These grant funds will help our local organizations serve Colorado Springs' most vulnerable residents find safety and stability through housing and supportive services," said Catherine Duarte, Senior Planner for the Colorado Springs Community Development Division. "By prioritizing these annual grant funds for very low-income families and focusing the City's CDBG funds on housing, the Division is furthering goals of HomeCOS, the 2020 Annual Action Plan (for HUD funds), and the 2019 Colorado Springs Homelessness Initiative."
More on Colorado Desk
- Tts 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- Author and Investigative Reporter Susan Antilla Honored by Her Peers as a Business News Visionary
- Secret Walls Academy X Silverstreetz
- Gift Giveaways The New Marketing Solution
The Colorado Springs Community Development Division granted the following service providers grant funding:
- 2020 CDBG Public Services Grant Awards Catholic Charities of Central Colorado ($35,500) Community Partnership for Child Development ($25,000) Lutheran Family Services ($30,000) The Independence Center ($29,429) Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center ($50,000) Family Promise ($50,000) Sunshine Home Share ($30,000) Brothers Redevelopment ($25,000) Salvation Army ($100,000) The Place ($50,000) Springs Rescue Mission ($50,000)
The Public Services program is one component of the City's $3.1 million Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) fund. CDBG Public Services funds social services and/or other direct assistance to low-income individuals or households. The 2020 awardees' projects reflect the community-driven priority of housing stability.
2020 Emergency Solutions Grant Awards
- The Place – Youth Shelter and Street Outreach ($100,000) The Place - Rapid Rehousing ($30,000) Family Promise – Homelessness Prevention ($50,000) Springs Rescue Mission – Emergency Shelter ($50,000)
More on Colorado Desk
- MBK Senior Living Names 7 Pursuit of Excellence Award Winners
- Colorado Springs: Public Comment Opportunity: Proposed Changes to Community Development Division Planning Documents for CARES Act Funding
- Happy 149th Birthday, Colorado Springs!
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Colorado Springs: CSPM Celebrates City's Sesquicentennial with COS@150 Exhibit
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds assist individuals and families who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness. The program prioritizes low-barrier projects that help individuals quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awards grant funds by formula to jurisdictions every year. Cities and counties determine priorities for the use of these funds through research and public engagement. For more information about CDBG Public Services or ESG funds, contact email@example.com.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs Podcast: It's up to you
- Rail-Veyor Wins 2020 Mining Cleantech Challenge
- Rock and Roll San Diego Introduces New Livestreaming Feature
- Braeden Lichti - The Rise of Connected Devices in the Healthcare Industry
- Maga Land Game Currently in Development with Retro Bit Shift
- Fennemore Craig and Dowling Aaron Vote to Merge and Form a Powerful, Full-Service Law Firm in the West
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Defies Pandemic Headwind to Raise Expansion Capital
- DH2i to Address How to Mitigate Microsoft SQL Server Costs Amidst Pandemic-Ravaged Budgets
- Sensory Analytics Awarded European Patent for Coating Thickness Measurement
- GymNation reaches milestone of 1 million member visits!
- Western Pennsylvania Health Provider Chooses Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Zyxel Communications LATAM And Axiros Establish A Strategic Partnership In Service Automation For Communication Service Provider in South America
- Colorado: Central Collections Services Closure Notice
- Inaugural "Per Invite" Virtual Italian Comedy Film Festival Jul 31- Sep 5 2020
- ConnectIT Service Is Now Elevant - Providing Building Efficiency Solutions
- Q2 Commercial Real Estate Market Report
- Colorado Springs: 2C Paving update 7/24/2020
- PEP Travel Group Partners with The On It Foundation to Help Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship
- MG Stover To Utilize Coin Metrics, Offering Clients Secondary Pricing and Validating Internal Controls
- Prism Digital Wins Digital Marketing Contract for Vitane Pharma-a leading USA based Nutraceutical