"The outstanding progress of the 2C initiative, which will include an estimated 871.25 total paved lane miles by the end of this paving season, would not be possible without the support of taxpayers," said Mayor John Suthers. "We are continuing to make great strides in improving and maintaining our city's infrastructure, and I am pleased that this program has become such a solid example of the wise use of taxpayer dollars. In my opinion, nothing more clearly defines the renaissance of our city than what we've accomplished with 2C."
2019 2C tax revenues increased 3.91 percent over 2018
2C Revenues Collected through June 30, 2019: $27,576,625
2C Revenues Collected through June 30, 2018: $26,539,356
Any and all funds remaining at the end of 2019 will be rolled into 2C construction for future years. This allows the City to coordinate its paving efforts with any upcoming construction or work performed by other entities on city streets.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Summit complex project tackles challenges of construction at 14,000 feet
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
2019 2C Concrete Program Highlights
|First Quarter||Second Quarter||Third Quarter|
|Linear feet of curb and gutter replaced||24,108||40,659||64,767|
|Square feet of sidewalk replaced||56,122||95,100||151,222|
|New Pedestrian Ramps Installed||26||22||48|
|Existing Pedestrian Ramps Retrofitted||115||203||318|
2019 Planned Streets List
The 2019 paving season officially began with milling operations on April 29. Coordination with multiple stakeholders, including City and County departments, Colorado Springs Utilities, private organizations and other entities will facilitate completion of the 2019 2C paving list. In 2019, 2C will pave an estimated 177.25 lane miles.
Although discussions with consulting partner AECOM for technical support and engineering expertise serve to address any unforeseen conditions, the order of the 2C voter-approved five year list is subject to change based on a variety of factors including coordination of roadway work, latent conditions and weather.
For more information about voter-supported 2C projects, including the second quarter report presented in Thursday's 2C Advisory Committee meeting, visit ColoradoSprings.gov/2C. To view an interactive map of all public works projects in 2019 visit ColoradoSprings.gov/PublicWorks.
More on Colorado Desk
- Weight N Bed: Comfortable Bedding for Better Sleep
- Colorado Springs: Gun Detection Test
- Spreading Free Smiles: Dental Clinic. Costa Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Gnarly 101.3FM Present Free Tickets To Don Barnhart's Hypnomania Show
- The Relevancy Group releases The Relevancy Ring 2019 Customer Data Platform (CDP) Buyer's Guide
2C Advisory Committee to hold a quarterly meeting Thursday
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The 2C Advisory Committee will hold its quarterly meeting Thursday, Aug. 22 at 10:30 a.m. in the Pikes Peak Room at City Hall, 107 N. Nevada Street. The meeting will discuss items related to the second quarter of 2019, including:
- Road tax fund Budget overview Public outreach Coordination 2019 work schedule and paving list, as well as a look ahead to 2020 Pre-overlay pipe and concrete accomplishments and asphalt overlay highlights
Mayor John Suthers named the six-member advisory committee in November 2015 to consult with the City's Public Works Department regarding the implementation of ballot measure 2C. The Mayor's 2C Advisory Committee includes four experts from the community as well as two city council members. Committee members are:
- Jim Godfrey, Chair of the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority Citizen Advisory Committee and former Air Force Finance/Contracting Officer Joe Kneib, Director of Business and Market Development for Herzog Don Knight, City Councilmember Tom Strand, City Councilmember Barb Winter, Executive Vice President, Ent Federal Credit Union Dave Zelenok, Manager Local Governmental Services, HR Green, Inc./ former Director of Public Works / Director of Transportation, City of Colorado Springs
Through periodic meetings over the five-year life of 2C, the advisory committee is charged with providing input on prioritization of projects, implementation of road improvement plans and the dissemination of public information. For reports from past 2C Advisory Committee meetings, visit https://coloradosprings.gov/public-works/page/2c-advisory-committee?mlid=44646.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Integration of New Technologies Enhances Underwater Inspection (1 PDH)
- Menke to present at the 2019 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum September 17 -18
- Colorado Springs: Preparedness Month: Reduce Your Wildfire Risk
- The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, in Tokyo's Hip Shibuya Neighborhood, Will Open Three New Restaurants in Late November 2019
- Work It, Mama: Gugu Guru, KIDBOX and Working Mother Launch "Back to Work" Baby Registry
- S4 Inc. Partners With (ISC)² to Help Cyber Professionals Prepare for Certification Exams
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Delivery Officer
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Customer Officer
- IAOP Announces Its 2020 Awards Season
- Connected Real Estate Magazine Joins the 2019 PropTech Challenge as Silver Sponsor
- Triage Partners Integrates Incoming Quality Inspection (IQC) and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Testing in WipIT™ Software System
- Luigi's Original Cannoli Pie of Bridgeport, CT Receives Kosher Certification
- Havas New York CEO Laura Maness to Provide Opening Keynote at USA-Central Europe Women in Business Summit
- T-Mobile Polska Selects Axiros To Improve Residential Digital Home Broadband Experience
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' #NIKE'Spicy' Boise State's Curtis Chili' Weaver 4 Sacks vs Portland State! AMAZING 24 sack season?! Spicy' NFL Spicy' NBA Mix!
- First True American Football Boardgame, combining gaming with authentic football strategy
- Perfect Health Mela in October to have Health Modules of Asian countries
- Colorado Springs: Downtown road closures planned Saturday for What If… Festival of Innovation and Imagination
- AVANTE to Expand its Container Tracking System and Services for Worldwide End to End Cargo Container Security