- Red Light Cameras Added in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs: Storytelling audio tour offers new experience in Garden of the Gods Park
- Colorado: Governor Polis's Budget Director Lauren Larson Elected as National Association of State Budget Officers President
"Colorado Springs has a long history of developing strong relationships through Sister Cities International, and it is my pleasure to welcome delegates from our newest sister city, Kranj, Slovenia, to Colorado Springs this week," said Mayor John Suthers. "Our cities share a passion for sports, plus panoramic mountain views with Kranj in the Slovenian Alps and Colorado Springs on the front range of the Rocky Mountains. We enthusiastically look forward to developing our friendship while engaging on joint efforts to boost our economies and tourism through shared academic and sport programs."
More on Colorado Desk
- Double-Digit Franchise Signings & New Openings Fuel Momentous Mid-Year Growth for Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii
- Liberty Media Corporation Prices Upsized Private Offering of $425 Million of 2.25% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2027
- Grammy Award Winning Singer, Songwriter and Producer David Longoria Joins the List of Artists at VANC Fest 2022
- Top Front Range Colorado Roofing Company Expands Service Areas
- Positive Powerful Women Gather to Promote Unity in the Grand Canyon State
"It is an honor to become a sister city with Colorado Springs. With a population of 57,000 people, Kranj is thrilled to be recognized by representatives of the most influential country in the world," said Kranj Mayor Matjaž Rakovec. "As home to world-class sports infrastructure and elite athletes that train in Kranj and represent Slovenian on the world's largest stage, I look forward to working alongside Colorado Springs - Olympic City USA. I believe our cities can build a relationship that will strenghthen our economies and reinforce our concepts of sustainability. We are entering into a very promising story together."
Launched in 1962 with its first sister city, Fujiyoshida, Japan, Colorado Springs Sister Cities International engages with our global sister cities to advance world peace, friendship, cultural understanding, and mutual economic reward. Kranj will be the first sister city adopted by Colorado Springs since Ancient Olympia, Greece in 2014. Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/SisterCities to learn more.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- DAT introduces the DAT One app, providing expanded mobile access to the industry's largest load board
- Unprecedented Stress Levels Reveal Productivity Loss in the Billions; ASCEND Method Enters the Market
- Tech Luminary Adrian Cockcroft Joins OrionX as Partner
- Nomorobo Assists Urgent FCC and Carrier Efforts to Crack Down on Auto Warranty Scam Robocalls
- Warehouse Hotline names Aviva Sonenreich as its managing broker
- Biodesix Named a Top 100 Healthcare Technology Company of 2022
- Carissa Pryor Joins Snell & Wilmer as an Associate in the Denver Office
- Over 10,000 New Colorado Businesses Filed Following New Law Signed by Gov. Polis & Passed by Legislature to Save Coloradans Money When Starting a Business
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Diapers and Feminine Hygiene Products No Longer Taxed in Colorado
- Distinguished New York Trial Attorney and Author Donates Book Proceeds to NYU Cancer Research Center
- Colorado: Governor Jared Polis Appoints Joshua T. Nowak and Lara M. Jimenez to the Adams County Court in the 17th Judicial District
- Patriot Rail to Acquire Pioneer Lines, Enhancing Rail Shipper Capabilities for Customers
- Treat Yourself Right This Summer With LA's Best Massage Therapy for Serious Pain Relief Near You!
- USA Swimming Partners with RealResponse
- SUSIE WINDERS APPOINTED GENERAL COUNSEL AND CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER OF RE/MAX HOLDINGS, INC.
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Veritone Voice Breaks Language Barriers with David Meltzer's The Playbook Podcast Reaching Over 500 Million Spanish Speakers
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Statement on Line of Duty Death of El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy