- Trifecta for Home Sellers- Taking Advantage of the Market
- Colorado Springs: First five years of 2C paving program comes to a close
- Tower 16 Capital Partners Acquires Fairways at Lowry Apartments, Its First Multifamily Project in Denver
Happy 149th Birthday, Colorado Springs! One year from today on July 31, 2021, the city will celebrate its sesquicentennial (150th anniversary) in grand fashion.
Today, on the front lawn of founder William Jackson Palmer's former home, Mayor John Suthers shared details about the celebration and encouraged everyone in the community to find a way to get involved in the fun.
At the event, El Pomar Foundation announced a $600,000 donation toward the Downtown Historic Parks, which have recently-approved master plans. The plans received incredible involvement from residents citywide over the last two years.
As the one year countdown to our 150th birthday begins, we have some fun, historical, and meaningful ways for our community to celebrate our city's rich and vibrant history:
- We are aiming to have our community plant 18,071 trees across the city to commemorate the vision of Colorado Springs' founder General Palmer, pictured below, who planted thousands of trees when he first arrived. Track your tree!
- We are having a "Beards and Bonnets" challenge to see who can grow the best beard and make the best bonnet! Events details will be announced at a later date.
- The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum is paying tribute to Gen. Palmer with a new exhibit showcasing recently unearthed artifacts from his Glen Eyrie home, pictured below. Find out more about the exhibits.
- A local photographer is creating Then & Now photos, as he replicates historical photos from the Pioneers Museum archives. See some early examples
- An official reading list all about our history has been released to help you learn all about Colorado Springs! See the list.
You can watch the full one year out celebration on the Mayor's Facebook page.
More on Colorado Desk
- Apartment Investment and Management Company Sets Ratio for Reverse Stock Split
- Denver Metro HVAC Company Reaches Out to Help One Special Veteran Family Stay Warm This Winter
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Lumen Technologies extends its NOL Rights Plan
- Colorado Springs: City Council encouraging more residents to apply for the District 6 Council seat
Latest on Colorado Desk
- 2020 Colorado Cleantech Awards Finalists Announced
- Visible Teams Up with Dan Levy and His Iconic Eyebrows in New "Unlimited Eyebrowsing" Ad Campaign
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Arapahoe/Douglas Works! and CompTIA Partner to Assist Displaced Workers Through Free IT Training Program
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- GOTRAX Announces 2020 Black Friday Sale on Electric Scooters, Kick Scooter, E Bikes & Hoverboards
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Colorado Springs: Work continues on park improvements funded by ballot issue 2B
- Lumen announces pricing of private offering of Senior Notes
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Colorado Springs: Downtown parking garages move to flat fee
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 & Digital Transformation On World Of Work Revealed
- Aesthetic MdR Named Best MediSpa and Dr. Luis Macías Named Top Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon