The intersection at Siferd and Date has been a concern for a long time. Flooding there can be dangerous for drivers who become stranded and for first responders who rescue them. This video was taken several years ago and shows the danger.
Siferd floodingVideo of Siferd flooding
Firefighters will close the gates and watch the area when flash flooding is possible. When the gates close, drivers won't be able to enter the intersection.
More on Colorado Desk
- BiKi.com Enters Strategic Cooperation with Kava, First DeFi App Built on Cosmos Ecosystem
- Colorado Springs: Community meeting postponed for Smith Creek Natural Area stewardship plan
- Colorado Springs: SmartCOS launches pilot smart streetlight project
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- Mortgage Brokerage Franchise Network Honored at National Awards Ceremony
The City is working on a plan to move the intersection to a higher area that won't be as likely to flood. Right now there is no funding for the project. So for now, the gates will prevent drivers from going through the intersection when it's dangerous.
When heavy rain is in the forecast, it's a good idea to take another route because the intersection is likely to be closed.
Siferd and Date is on the northeast side of Colorado Springs in Village Seven near Austin Bluffs Parkway and Barnes Road.
The City of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Fire Department, and El Paso County worked together to install the safety gates.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Navigant Research Report Finds Global Market for Blockchain Applications in Remote & Grid-Connected Microgrids Is Expected to Experience 68% Growth Rate from 2019-2028
- "Bad Love Strikes" on Shelves Now in Tattered Cover Bookstore!
- Colorado Springs: City to begin major construction work on Barnes Road
- The Wrought Patio Furniture: Exquisite Patio Furniture
- Colorado Springs: City Now Accepting Application for 2020 Community Development Block Grant Funds and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Funds
- Colorado Springs: Springs in Bloom encourages residents and businesses to adopt a flower bed
- Colorado Springs: Census FAQ: will there be a citizenship question on the census?
- Argonaut Manufacturing Services and Particle Measuring Systems Partnering for Top Tier Results
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- New innovation in education report highlights why students choose online learning
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo