The intersection at Siferd and Date has been a concern for a long time. Flooding there can be dangerous for drivers who become stranded and for first responders who rescue them. This video was taken several years ago and shows the danger.
Siferd floodingVideo of Siferd flooding
Firefighters will close the gates and watch the area when flash flooding is possible. When the gates close, drivers won't be able to enter the intersection.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Summit complex project tackles challenges of construction at 14,000 feet
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
The City is working on a plan to move the intersection to a higher area that won't be as likely to flood. Right now there is no funding for the project. So for now, the gates will prevent drivers from going through the intersection when it's dangerous.
When heavy rain is in the forecast, it's a good idea to take another route because the intersection is likely to be closed.
Siferd and Date is on the northeast side of Colorado Springs in Village Seven near Austin Bluffs Parkway and Barnes Road.
The City of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Fire Department, and El Paso County worked together to install the safety gates.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
- Work 365 Offers New, Simplified Provisioning for Microsoft Indirect Partners
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- Colorado Springs: Child Prostitution Arrest
- M Accelerator and Black Dog Venture Partners form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Foreign Startups entering the US Market
- Toll Brothers announces Sept. 21 grand opening of its exclusive clubhouse in Thornton
- Colorado Springs: Mic'd Up: on the job with our 911 training coordinator
- Colorado Springs: Snow crews get ready for winter during annual training
- Steamboat Spring Colorado Named Best Ski Town USA
- Renowned RFID Expert Joins ELATEC as Innovation Manager
- Phoenix: The Most Autism-Friendly City In The World
- New Exhibit Highlights the Founder of Colorado Springs
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Integration of New Technologies Enhances Underwater Inspection (1 PDH)
- Menke to present at the 2019 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum September 17 -18
- Colorado Springs: Preparedness Month: Reduce Your Wildfire Risk
- The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, in Tokyo's Hip Shibuya Neighborhood, Will Open Three New Restaurants in Late November 2019