- Red Light Cameras Added in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs: Storytelling audio tour offers new experience in Garden of the Gods Park
- Colorado: Governor Polis's Budget Director Lauren Larson Elected as National Association of State Budget Officers President
More on Colorado Desk
- Liberty Media Corporation Prices Upsized Private Offering of $425 Million of 2.25% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2027
- Grammy Award Winning Singer, Songwriter and Producer David Longoria Joins the List of Artists at VANC Fest 2022
- Top Front Range Colorado Roofing Company Expands Service Areas
- Positive Powerful Women Gather to Promote Unity in the Grand Canyon State
- Advanced Energy's AC/DC Board-Mounted Converter Simplifies Reliable Operation in Industrial and Telecom Applications
"Our thanks to Trust for Public Land for co-leading with the community the master planning and fundraising efforts for Panorama Park, and for playing such a vital role in bringing this renovation to the next level," said Britt Haley, Colorado Springs' Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services acting director. "Together, we completed the City's biggest renovation of a neighborhood park – a project more substantial than any of us could have done alone. The passion and involvement of southeast community members – led by resident leaders from RISE | Southeast Colorado Springs – has made a critical difference in bringing this incredible transformation to life. The support has been tremendous, and we are eager to reopen Panorama with a commitment to serve the surrounding neighborhoods with diverse programming well into the future."
Panorama is located at 4540 Fenton Road, which is in the southeast part of the city, near the intersection of Jet Wing Drive and Chelton Road. Public event parking will be available at Peak Vista Community Health Center (1815 Jet Wing Drive) and Panorama Middle School (2145 S Chelton Road). Cycling or walking to the event is highly encouraged. Additional event details will be shared as they become available at ColoradoSprings.gov/PanoramaPark.
More on Colorado Desk
- Maxar to Build 14 Spacecraft Platforms for L3Harris as Part of Space Development Agency's Tranche 1 Tracking Layer Program
- Serenity Movers Delivers First-Class Moving Services in NYC
- Colorado Springs: Sunrise openings return on Pikes Peak – America's Mountain
- UPSKLS Acquires Work Simplr to Change the Way Work Gets Done
- DAT introduces the DAT One app, providing expanded mobile access to the industry's largest load board
Among the new park features that residents can enjoy starting Aug. 20 are a splashpad, universally accessible playground, bike park with three separate courses to accommodate riders of all skill levels, a youth area with skateable features, a custom-designed climbing boulder, basketball courts, fitness stations, a multi-use sports field, and a community-made tile art mural comprised of 7,000+ tiles.
The total project cost is $8.5 million, which includes an investment by the City of Colorado Springs totaling $5.5 million and $3 million from private and nonprofit organizations. Key project partners include El Paso County Public Health, RISE | Southeast Colorado Springs and Trust for Public Land.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Veritone Voice Breaks Language Barriers with David Meltzer's The Playbook Podcast Reaching Over 500 Million Spanish Speakers
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Statement on Line of Duty Death of El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- Colorado Author Writes a Magical Killer Whale Tale
- Gatos Silver Provides Bi-Weekly Status Report
- Colorado: Polis Administration's Insurance Commissioner Conway Appointed to Congressional Budget Office Panel of Health Advisers
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Protecting Consumers and Saving People Money: Bipartisan Hospital Transparency Law to Take Effect Across Colorado on August 10th
- Colorado Springs: Military advocate and spouse, Heba Abdelaal, honored with Spirit of the Springs Award
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- Advanced Energy to Participate at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Menashe Properties, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Stanford Place III
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Advanced Energy Adds 300 W Power Supply to SLB Series, Expanding its Low Power Open Frame Products
- Colorado Springs: City Council seeks volunteers to serve on Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Polis Administration Announces New Steps & Resources to Combat Monkeypox in Colorado, Applauds Federal Monkeypox Public Health Emergency Declaration to Help Ensure More Resources are Available to States
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala