- United Flea Markets Acquires Treasure Aisles Flea Market in Monroe, Ohio
- FLITE Material Sciences Wins the 2020 Oil & Gas Cleantech Challenge
- Espanita Artisanal Tequila Awarded Gold At 2020 USA Spirits Awards
Construction signs are in place and the public can expect eastbound Platte Avenue to be reduced to one-lane beginning Monday, Nov. 30. Eastbound traffic will remain in a one-lane configuration for approximately six months, weather and resource dependent. This may cause traffic congestion and delays. Motorists are strongly advised to take alternate routes when possible. All business accesses will remain open throughout construction. All work is weather and resource dependent.
The bridges are approaching the end of their service life (built in 1956) suffering from prior flood damage (2008) and overall degradation of the structures. The project will replace the two bridges with one bridge structure and add sidewalks along the north and south sides of Platte Avenue over the creek as it also accommodate the future Sand Creek Regional Trail under the Platte Avenue bridge.
More on Colorado Desk
- City Council adopts Colorado Springs' first public art master plan; approves acquisition of additional 40 acres of open space in Corral Bluffs
- Gates Industrial to Participate in Credit Suisse's 8th Annual Global Industrials Conference
- 2020 Colorado Cleantech Awards Finalists Announced
- Visible Teams Up with Dan Levy and His Iconic Eyebrows in New "Unlimited Eyebrowsing" Ad Campaign
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
Platte Avenue is one of the city's main east/west mobility corridors and the new bridge will accommodate future growth along the corridor by providing additional lanes on Platte Avenue, along with signalizing the intersection at Space Center Drive.
Funding for the project totals approximately $14 million, and is funded in part by the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority and a federal grant
For more information about this projects, visit: ColoradoSprings.gov/PSCBridge
To receive project progress enewsletters, send an email to PlatteSandCreekBridges@gmail.com requesting to be added to notification list.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- GOTRAX Announces 2020 Black Friday Sale on Electric Scooters, Kick Scooter, E Bikes & Hoverboards
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Colorado Springs: Work continues on park improvements funded by ballot issue 2B
- Lumen announces pricing of private offering of Senior Notes
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Colorado Springs: Downtown parking garages move to flat fee
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 & Digital Transformation On World Of Work Revealed
- Aesthetic MdR Named Best MediSpa and Dr. Luis Macías Named Top Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon
- Colorado Springs and Colorado Springs Airport honored by the Economic Development Council of Colorado
- ADDING MULTIMEDIA Coconut Cloud Adds 6 New Products to Their Growing Line of Dairy-Free Coffees, Creamers, Cocoas, and Lattes
- HexGn & Africa Islamic Economic Foundation Team up to Train 100,000 Youth in Africa for Innovation Economy
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- OtterBox Has a Gift for Everyone on Your List
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
- US Stock Dividends Dropped 3.9% While Global Dividends Fell 11% in Q3
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket