- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Two New Editions Featuring Insights From Top F&B Experts
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
"Today, Colorado hit a milestone in the fight against COVID. As of today, 75% of all eligible Coloradans age 12 and up have received at least one dose of the free, lifesaving vaccine," said Governor Polis. "But we need to get more Coloradans vaccinated in order to effectively beat this virus so it's clear we're not out of the woods yet and what's preventing us from getting back to the Colorado we love is a percentage of Coloradans still hesitant about getting the effective vaccine. We can't be hesitant any longer, get the shot today and do your part to protect yourself and your family."
Governor Polis, Dr. Herhily, and Incident Commander Scott Bookman gave an overview of the current state of COVID in Colorado. As the graphic below shows, a majority of COVID cases across the state that have resulted in hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated, with the unvaccinated claiming 894 hospital beds compared to only 168 vaccinated with zero Coloradans hospitalized for vaccine side-effects.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
Similarly, the graphic below, which illustrates current hospitalizations per 100,000, shows that 81% of those currently hospitalized in Colorado for COVID-19 are unvaccinated. Colorado's COVID-19 hospitalization trends are currently lower than the U.S. average of COVID-19 related hospitalizations.
Governor Polis thanked President Biden for his leadership yesterday in announcing a series of new measures to get more Americans vaccinated and increase testing. Colorado has already implemented a variety of policies that meet the Biden administration's goals to combat COVID-19.
All Colorado health care workers that interact with high-risk patients at nursing homes, hospitals, and other health care settings are required to be vaccinated per a rule issued by the State Board of Health at the request of Governor Polis. Additionally, Colorado has made free, voluntary statewide testing available to all schools including an incentive program to encourage students to regularly test and compensate schools for helping to administer tests. All Colorado state employees are also required to get vaccinated or submit to weekly testing.
For more information on where to get the vaccine, please visit covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine
View today's press conference.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado: Governor Polis Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- How Human Resource Managers Can Support Working Family Caregivers
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Joseph D. Findley to the 8th Judicial District Court
- Governor Polis & Lt. Governor Primavera Welcome President Biden to Colorado
- El gobernador Polis, el senador Bennet y el estado de Colorado lanzan una campaña para garantizar que todas las familias de Colorado puedan acceder al crédito tributario por hijos
- Seed & Smith Announces 1 Gram Dart Collaboration with Big Gigantic
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Colorado Springs: City Staff Give Third Presentation on $76M of ARPA Funding to City Council
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021