Applications are now open for the scholarship, and athletes between the ages of 7-18 years old, based in the U.S., who are in need and passionate about their sport(s) are welcome to apply. Applicants should showcase their ability to overcome obstacles, discover true grit, and pursue their goals when completing the application. Scholarship funds can be applied to sports programs of any kind and for any amount up to $25,000.
"I've always been one to push the limits, have faith in my dreams and fight for what I love. I can't think of a better time to step up and provide future generations the tools they need to reach their goals," said Vonn. "The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation is helping us provide even more opportunities specifically to young athletes who need these scholarships. We both see the value sports can provide for a child, and know that the benefits of a safe, enriching space are crucial to youth athletic and personal development."
More on Colorado Desk
- Ideanomics' Announces Pilot Program to Monetize EV Energy Sales
- Higher Digital Appoints New Advisory Board Members as Colleges and Universities Seek Guidance to Adapt to Online Teaching and Learning
- Chicago Tech Startup Launches New "House Painting In Place" Technology In Wake Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Abintegro redefines how employers recruit early talent
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
Scholarships will be awarded twice a year in the spring and fall. In order to apply for a scholarship, applicants must fill out the online application on the Foundation's website at www.lindseyvonnfoundation.org/scholarships and may be contacted for an interview with the LVF Scholarship Selection Committee.
"Research shows that playing sports builds character, increases confidence and motivates kids to stay in school and aim for higher education," said Aimee Watters, Executive Director of The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation. "The DICK'S Foundation is proud to partner with such an incredible organization like The Lindsey Vonn Foundation to give more kids a chance to play."
The DICK'S Foundation Sports Matter Scholarship will continue to be awarded for an indefinite period of time, and applicants are encouraged to re-apply if they are not initially selected. In addition to The DICK'S Foundation Sports Matter Scholarship, The Lindsey Vonn Foundation will continue to give out scholarships twice a year for enrichment programs, STEM, and any after-school activity.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: COVID-19 enforcement of health orders
- T-NOW, a New Offering from TTEC, Provides COVID-19 Business and Government Continuity and Resiliency Solutions for CX Leaders
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Colorado Springs: Homeless Isolation Shelter Opened, Received First Guest on Sunday
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
About The Lindsey Vonn Foundation
The Lindsey Vonn Foundation is a tax exempt 501(c)3 non-profit organization with it's mission to provide scholarships and programming for education, sports, and enrichment programs to give future generations the tools they need to reach their goals and discover their grit within.
About The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation
The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation with a mission to inspire and enable sports participation. It was created by DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. as a private corporate foundation to support DICK'S charitable and philanthropic activities.
SOURCE Lindsey Vonn Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- UGE Signs Three Agreements, Including Largest US Project in Company's History
- Ball Delivers Cryostat to University of Arizona for NASA Balloon Mission
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- Colorado Springs: Isolation shelter for people experiencing homelessness and show symptoms of COVID-19
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Americans Brace For Economic Fallout From Coronavirus Pandemic
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- Selectech Launches Healthcare Division
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Bobo's "healthcare Heroes" Bar Supports Frontline Workers With Healthy, Ready-to-eat Snacks
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!