- United Flea Markets Acquires Treasure Aisles Flea Market in Monroe, Ohio
- Espanita Artisanal Tequila Awarded Gold At 2020 USA Spirits Awards
- FLITE Material Sciences Wins the 2020 Oil & Gas Cleantech Challenge
Many things now considered common in the chocolate industry were not in 1995 when Chocolove got its start. Over the years, Chocolove has helped shape this industry:
- Labeled cocoa content on the front of chocolate bar packaging
- Created high-cocoa content chocolate that tasted good
- A cocoa supply chain fully traceable to the farmer through its relationship with Rainforest Alliance
- Most recently, introduced a great tasting, no sugar added, no compromises chocolate in the Chocolove XO line
The company began in 1995 in Boulder, Colorado with a keen focus on taste and a strong respect for the American consumer. The cool nights and clean mountain air help in making great chocolate and Chocolove continues to call Boulder home today.
Chocolove began with only 4 flavors of premium chocolate and all declared cocoa content on the front of the wrapper. The wrapper design was inspired by a letter from abroad with a love poem printed inside. Chocolove's founder and CEO, Tim Moley reminisces, "We made the freshest, best-tasting chocolate money could buy, and we priced it right." The company continues to honor and fulfill these principles.
More on Colorado Desk
- City Council adopts Colorado Springs' first public art master plan; approves acquisition of additional 40 acres of open space in Corral Bluffs
- Gates Industrial to Participate in Credit Suisse's 8th Annual Global Industrials Conference
- 2020 Colorado Cleantech Awards Finalists Announced
- Visible Teams Up with Dan Levy and His Iconic Eyebrows in New "Unlimited Eyebrowsing" Ad Campaign
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
Speaking on Chocolove's premium taste, Moley says, "I have the ability to taste chocolate like a sommelier tastes wine. I see flavor like a composer sees music. Unlike wine, coffee, or other acquired tastes, everyone in my focus groups could not only discern premium chocolate, they preferred premium chocolate. I decided to make the best tasting and best quality chocolate for the US consumer."
In 1997—two years into the endeavor—making no money and working 72 hours a week, Moley had an epiphany. He counted the number of people who were eating Chocolove at that moment and made happier because of Chocolove. This epiphany served Moley and Chocolove well: a focus on serving the customer and measuring success by counts of happier people.
With this focus on serving and taking care of people came clarity of brand and the growth of the company. The perspective of helping people become happier with Chocolove was extended to all employees and all people in the supply chain, including cocoa farmers in Africa and around the world.
Now 25 years in, Moley says, "I have retained the role of taster and of keeper-of-the-brand, and I still measure our success by the number of people made happier every day."
More on Colorado Desk
- Arapahoe/Douglas Works! and CompTIA Partner to Assist Displaced Workers Through Free IT Training Program
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
With 25 years under Chocolove's belt, it would be easy for the company to be content with their accomplishments. However, Chocolove and Moley continue to innovate and look toward the next 25 years. "From past to present to future, innovation has always been a keystone to how we do things at Chocolove," Moley says.
Chocolove produces chocolate that delivers on quality, taste, and affordable luxury, and is committed to delivering the highest quality chocolate both ethically and at a good price. Chocolove's mission is to make and sell the best tasting chocolate in a way that makes customers and everyone involved, happy.
If you would like more information about Chocolove, visit www.chocolove.com.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- OtterBox Has a Gift for Everyone on Your List
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
- US Stock Dividends Dropped 3.9% While Global Dividends Fell 11% in Q3
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket
- 14th Annual Tour DaVita Raises Nearly $1 Million for Bridge of Life
- NAC Welcomes New OCC Proposed Rule To Help Provide Access to Banking Services for ATM Operators
- Western Union Advances Its Digital Growth Strategy With Investment in stc pay
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Stetson University
- Colorado Springs: Mountain Metro Returns to Normal Weekend Service
- City of Colorado Springs receives $340,000 grant from Great Outdoors Colorado for community-based stewardship projects
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Midland East Celebrates Topping Off
- Colorado Springs: Bancroft Park's self-cleaning restrooms named America's Best Restroom® by Cintas
- Liggett Group, Vector Tobacco, and Xcaliber International File Preliminary Injunction Against the State of Colorado in United States Federal Court
- Colorado Springs: First five years of 2C paving program comes to a close
- Colorado Springs makes shortlist of permanent U.S. Space Command headquarters candidates
- Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Dashboard as Demand for Securing Remote Workers Surges
- Trifecta for Home Sellers- Taking Advantage of the Market
- Kaufman & Kaufman, LLC. Will Help You Settle Your Case
- Toll Brothers at The Timbers Releases New Home Sites