The vehicle involved in this crash was incorrectly identified as a Volkswagen Golf. It was in fact a 2016 Nissan Leaf.
On Saturday, August 18, 2019, at approximately 12:30 PM, the Colorado Springs Police Department was notified of a traffic crash involving a pedestrian and a single vehicle in the 2500 block of East Platte Ave. When officers arrived, they located the adult male pedestrian deceased on scene. The Major Crash Team responded to the scene and assumed responsibility for this investigation.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Summit complex project tackles challenges of construction at 14,000 feet
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
The preliminary investigation indicates that a Volkswagen Golf was travelling westbound in the center lane of Platte Ave. when it struck the pedestrian who was attempting to cross the street northbound mid-block, across a raised median. It is not believed that excessive speeds or impairment were a factor in this crash. At this time, there have been no charges filed and the investigation is still ongoing.
Anyone with information or is a witness to this investigation is asked to call the Colorado Springs Police Department at (719) 444-7000; or if you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers Tip Line at (719) 634-STOP (7867) or 1-800-222-8477.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
- Work 365 Offers New, Simplified Provisioning for Microsoft Indirect Partners
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- Colorado Springs: Child Prostitution Arrest
- M Accelerator and Black Dog Venture Partners form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Foreign Startups entering the US Market
- Toll Brothers announces Sept. 21 grand opening of its exclusive clubhouse in Thornton
- Colorado Springs: Mic'd Up: on the job with our 911 training coordinator
- Colorado Springs: Snow crews get ready for winter during annual training
- Steamboat Spring Colorado Named Best Ski Town USA
- Renowned RFID Expert Joins ELATEC as Innovation Manager
- Phoenix: The Most Autism-Friendly City In The World
- New Exhibit Highlights the Founder of Colorado Springs
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Integration of New Technologies Enhances Underwater Inspection (1 PDH)
- Menke to present at the 2019 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum September 17 -18
- Colorado Springs: Preparedness Month: Reduce Your Wildfire Risk
- The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, in Tokyo's Hip Shibuya Neighborhood, Will Open Three New Restaurants in Late November 2019