The vehicle involved in this crash was incorrectly identified as a Volkswagen Golf. It was in fact a 2016 Nissan Leaf.
On Saturday, August 18, 2019, at approximately 12:30 PM, the Colorado Springs Police Department was notified of a traffic crash involving a pedestrian and a single vehicle in the 2500 block of East Platte Ave. When officers arrived, they located the adult male pedestrian deceased on scene. The Major Crash Team responded to the scene and assumed responsibility for this investigation.
More on Colorado Desk
- BiKi.com Enters Strategic Cooperation with Kava, First DeFi App Built on Cosmos Ecosystem
- Colorado Springs: Community meeting postponed for Smith Creek Natural Area stewardship plan
- Colorado Springs: SmartCOS launches pilot smart streetlight project
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- Mortgage Brokerage Franchise Network Honored at National Awards Ceremony
The preliminary investigation indicates that a Volkswagen Golf was travelling westbound in the center lane of Platte Ave. when it struck the pedestrian who was attempting to cross the street northbound mid-block, across a raised median. It is not believed that excessive speeds or impairment were a factor in this crash. At this time, there have been no charges filed and the investigation is still ongoing.
Anyone with information or is a witness to this investigation is asked to call the Colorado Springs Police Department at (719) 444-7000; or if you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers Tip Line at (719) 634-STOP (7867) or 1-800-222-8477.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Navigant Research Report Finds Global Market for Blockchain Applications in Remote & Grid-Connected Microgrids Is Expected to Experience 68% Growth Rate from 2019-2028
- "Bad Love Strikes" on Shelves Now in Tattered Cover Bookstore!
- Colorado Springs: City to begin major construction work on Barnes Road
- The Wrought Patio Furniture: Exquisite Patio Furniture
- Colorado Springs: City Now Accepting Application for 2020 Community Development Block Grant Funds and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Funds
- Colorado Springs: Springs in Bloom encourages residents and businesses to adopt a flower bed
- Colorado Springs: Census FAQ: will there be a citizenship question on the census?
- Argonaut Manufacturing Services and Particle Measuring Systems Partnering for Top Tier Results
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- New innovation in education report highlights why students choose online learning
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo