- Alterra Mountain Company Names New President & COO of Mammoth Mountain & June Mountain in California
- Promote Your SoundCloud and YouTube Video Online with the help of Music Promotion Club
- Fund Street Technologies Brand, One Park Financial is Certified 4 Years in a Row as a Great Place to Work®
The grant is helping to revitalize vacant and underused properties, or brownfields, primarily in Colorado Springs and Fountain along the Shooks Run Creek and Fountain Creek Corridors. Funding is being used to identify sites for revitalization, assess existing site conditions, and plan for future cleanup and reuse of priority sites.
Funding is available through September 2022, and property owner participation is completely voluntary.
In this meeting The Colorado Springs-Fountain Brownfield Coalition will provide an overview of brownfield characteristics and the goals of the grant program. They also will share progress made so far, and discuss how community members and property owners can nominate sites for potential grant-funded assistance. A question-and-answer session will follow.
More on Colorado Desk
- Wiland, Inc. Announcement
- Colorado Springs: Fall 2021 Public Meeting Survey
- Simplifya Makes Major Q2 Moves with Closing of $6 Million Series B Round, Addition of Jeff Katz to Board of Directors and Imminent Launch of TENDRTM Payment Processing Solution
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
Register for the meeting
In 2015, the City of Colorado Springs embarked on Envision Shooks Run- a community-driven plan to breathe new life into the Shooks Run Creek Corridor. The 4-mile Corridor is planned as the final segment of the landmark 10-mile Legacy Loop Greenway that rings downtown Colorado Springs, connecting a regional web of creeks and trails. The Loop's transformational potential is evident in the vibrant parks, neighborhoods, and up-and-coming economies along its completed sections. However, brownfields blight the Shooks Run Corridor, isolating it from downtown Colorado Springs and impacting the surrounding neighborhoods.
The Fountain Creek Corridor located in the City of Fountain, downstream of Shooks Run, is also a focus area for the grant-funded efforts. The City of Fountain plans to prioritize brownfield revitalization in the US Highway 85 (US85) Urban Renewal Area (URA), which consists of the Gateway Improvement and the Olde Town sub-districts. This grant effort will work in tandem with prior studies and revitalization efforts of today. The 83-acre Fountain Creek Bank area is also a high redevelopment priority because it is an underutilized commercial area located between Fountain Creek, US85, and Fountain Creek Regional Park. The Creek Bank area sites are characterized by decades of mixed-material manufacturing use, heavy fleet and automotive repair operations, and outdoor storage.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Father's Day as a Target Audience
- Protopia and University of Michigan Host Webinar on AI-Powered Networking in the Classroom
- Lineus Medical Expands US Distribution with CoMedical
- Guidehouse Insights Names Nokia, Sierra Wireless, Cisco, and HPE the Leading Industrial IoT Networking Solutions Vendors
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- Intermap Wins Contract Under OTA from National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency ("NGA")
- Fast-Growing Team Collaboration Market Leader Selects ServiceSource to Design and Implement Innovative Revenue Retention Program
- PEI Named Top Managed Services Provider in the United States
- ActivePipe empowering brokerages to stay relevant
- Tropidelic and JSG Live announce the inaugural EVERWILD Music Festival Aug 13 – 14, 2021 in Newark, OH
- USA Triathlon Announces 2020 U.S. Olympic Triathlon Team
- Mod Livin' Modern Furniture announces a NEW OWNER!
- Colorado Rancher Unveils NEW John Budd CBD Line for Working Men
- Canadian Turnaround Software and Telecom CEO joins CEO Coaching International
- New Epson LabelWorks 2-inch Bulk Label Printers Now Available at DuraFast Label Company
- Certified Forensic Death Investigators (CFDI) Program for Criminal Defense Investigators
- Syxsense Welcomes Dave R Taylor as Chief Marketing Officer - Invests to Expand on Growth
- Xtreme Vibe TV Heads To Amazon Prime Video
- Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. Appoints Audrey Robertson to Its Board of Directors
- Rebel Medicine Solves Weight Loss For Moms With Biologically Appropriate Plan, The Diet Killer