- Legacy Distribution Group to Begin Distribution for Rap Snacks
- Colorado: Governor Polis: Get Your Booster Following Additional FDA, CDC Authorization of Booster Shots
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Yolanda M. Fennick to the El Paso County Court in the 4th Judicial District
"Leave No Trace has given us an amazing opportunity to get outside and increase awareness about the importance of stewarding our city's world class parks and natural areas," said Gillian Rossi, Colorado Springs park ranger supervisor for the Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOPS) program. "Our department is a big supporter of the Leave No Trace Seven Principles, which guide how we manage our parks, striving to keep them healthy and sustainable. We are very much looking forward to the chance to partner with the community during what is sure to be an incredible and enlightening week."
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs Airport Traffic Continues to Increase
- 11:15 ET A Message from the National Solar Conference Chair
- Best Buy Black Friday 2021 from Nadula Hair-Grab with Both Hands!
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Andy Harris To Speak at Chief Executive Conference
- Axiros Launches New Release of AXACT 2021.4
Leave No Trace has selected Hot Spot locations each year since 2010. Popular outdoor areas nationwide must apply to be selected for the program. Hot Spots typically experience heavy recreational use and human-created impacts, including excessive trash, damage to vegetation, trail erosion, disturbance to wildlife and more. Other 2021 Hot Spots are located in Page, Ariz.; Kerhonkson, N.Y.; Panthertown Valley, N.C.; Tulsa, Okla.; Philadelphia, Pa.; Greenville, S.C.; Moab, Utah; Glen Jean, W.V.; and La Crosse, Wis.
"Hot Spot areas are damaged but can recover again with a motivated community and a comprehensive infusion of Leave No Trace programs," said Dana Watts, Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics executive director. "By identifying and working with Hot Spots and their communities across the country, Leave No Trace can rapidly move toward recovering and protecting the places we all cherish at a time when the outdoors has proven more critical than ever," according to Erin Collier, one of the Subaru/Leave No Trace Team members who will be onsite to lead the work.
The following is a list of planned Hot Spot events that are free and open to the public in Colorado Springs. To view the full schedule of programs and volunteer events, visit ColoradoSprings.gov/HotSpotWeek. Some programs require online registration.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado: Polis-Primavera Administration Launches Historic Program to Connect Youth to Free Counseling Sessions
- California Pools Opens Dallas Office, The Company's 5th Texas Location
- John A. K. Lowe Joins New Advisory Board Of International Business Circle
- Subir Chowdhury awarded UK's prestigious Manufacturing Gold Medal
- Best Places to Work in Dallas, TX
- 08:48 ET Exer Joins Digital Therapeutics Alliance in Mission to Transform Global Healthcare
- 1,256 Colored Shape NFTs Just Sold Out In One Hour
- Colorado: Governor Polis on FDA Advisory Committee Approval of Pfizer Vaccine for Kids Ages 5 to 11
- Colorado Springs to add 343 acres of open space to its outdoor amenities
- Bob Holz to release new album featuring John Mclaughlin, Jean Luc Ponty, Darryl Jones and Randy Brecker
- Colorado Springs: Fire mitigation work to take place at Rock Ledge Ranch Thursday-Saturday
- 13:30 ET a2 Milk & Hershey to Release Co-Branded Chocolate Milk
- DemandBlue announces its Revenue Cloud Accelerator Program to fast-track Salesforce CPQ implementation
- The World's Largest Oil Painting. A 400-Year-Old Murder. A Disembodied Whisper
- Paula McGee-Davis of Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. Among This Year's North American Meat Institute's Emerging Leaders
- Yes Energy Launches Position Management
- The Ancient Medicine Provides Solution to Modern Infertility Problem in Monmouth County, NJ
- Informer Repeats as Best Price to Value in BARC BI & Analytics 2022 Survey
- 4 Reasons Why Retail Media is indispensable for CPG Brands
- Business Help Network Announces The Big Push: Q4 Summit, a Virtual Event that Helps Entrepreneurs Succeed