- Alterra Mountain Company Names New President & COO of Mammoth Mountain & June Mountain in California
- Promote Your SoundCloud and YouTube Video Online with the help of Music Promotion Club
- Colorado Springs: Shooks Run and Fountain Creek Revitalization (Brownfields)
"With the opening of the new Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center, one of America's most famous mountains will have a summit facility worthy of its stature," said Mayor John Suthers. "Building at such a high altitude is a difficult undertaking, and I am proud of the vision and foresight that has created this very impressive, highly accessible and sustainable venue that blends so well into its natural environment. We look forward with great anticipation to providing visitors from all over the world a breathtaking new experience at the top of America's Mountain."
The new building will open in phases, so early visitors can expect to see final construction work taking place and finishing touches being made to the interpretive exhibits and signs. Fresh donuts and brand new menu and retail options will be available starting opening day. Exterior site work is expected to last through September 2021.
More on Colorado Desk
- Wiland, Inc. Announcement
- Colorado Springs: Fall 2021 Public Meeting Survey
- Simplifya Makes Major Q2 Moves with Closing of $6 Million Series B Round, Addition of Jeff Katz to Board of Directors and Imminent Launch of TENDRTM Payment Processing Solution
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
Know Before You Go: Summit parking limited through July
There will be very limited parking for guests while the final site work is completed from June 15 to the end of July. Construction could extend this timeline. Pikes Peak – America's Mountain is providing a 20% discount to highway guests during this time when summit access cannot be guaranteed. To help as many guests as possible reach the summit, most visitors will be required to board a free shuttle from Devils Playground, located at mile 16 on the 19-mile highway. Vehicles carrying persons with disabilities or young children in car seats may be permitted to drive to the summit if there is parking available. Only 35 parking spots will be available for visitors on the summit while this site work is underway.
Shuttles will run every 15-20 minutes. Guests should anticipate long wait times for the shuttle due to the limited service. Pets and bicycles are not allowed on the shuttle. The shuttle will not be available on June 17, July 13 and July 19. On these days, a limited number of guests will be allowed to the summit based on parking capacity, others will only be allowed to Devils Playground. These summit parking spots will be first come, first served. Hikers should plan to hike to Devils Playground if they have coordinated a ride down from the summit.
More on Colorado Desk
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit
- Veritone Awarded US Patent for Dynamic AI Model Orchestration
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- APX Founder Terri Ross Returns as a Featured Speaker at the 2021 AmSpa Medical Spa & Aesthetic Bootcamps
- OpenSSL 3.0 Release Candidate now available
As always, plan ahead and call 719-385-7325 for current highway conditions. Hours of operation and other information about the highway, can be found at PikesPeakColorado.com.
In addition to the breathtaking views, made even more dramatic by the new elevated pathway and overlook that was designed to help protect the summit's fragile tundra, guests can expect fresh menu options and digitally interactive displays that bring the history, significance, and geology of the mountain to life. The entire site was also designed to meet the latest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
The building is being constructed by local contractor GE Johnson and was designed by Baltimore-based GWWO Architects in collaboration with RTA Architects of Colorado Springs. It also incorporates input submitted by hundreds of Pikes Peak-area residents from 2015-2017. It was designed to achieve LEED Silver certification, a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement. The design also strives to achieve the Living Building ChallengeSM (LBC), a two-year certification process, as a highly sustainable, net-zero energy building. Currently, no other buildings in Colorado are fully LBC certified.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Certified Forensic Death Investigators (CFDI) Program for Criminal Defense Investigators
- Syxsense Welcomes Dave R Taylor as Chief Marketing Officer - Invests to Expand on Growth
- Xtreme Vibe TV Heads To Amazon Prime Video
- Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. Appoints Audrey Robertson to Its Board of Directors
- Rebel Medicine Solves Weight Loss For Moms With Biologically Appropriate Plan, The Diet Killer
- Downtown road closures planned due to Colorado Springs Western Street Breakfast Wednesday, June 16
- Atlant Health - Chiropractic & Functional Medicine announces opening of new location in Midtown New York City
- Robinson moves into the top 10 on "The Fabricator" FAB 40 list
- As the World Returns to Normal, Liquid Core® Gum Company Marks the Comeback of Air Travel with "Live Life & FLY" Campaign
- Prism Continues to Innovate to Help Live Music Industry Pros Bounce Back from a Devastating Year
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Joseph P. Brock, Hired
- Children Rising Launches Free Online Tutoring to Boost COVID Recovery for Elementary School Children
- deepwatch Launches New Mobile Application for Easy Access to Managed Detection and Response Services
- RealTrends Ranks Jennifer Young Homes #58 in the Nation
- Abstract Published in Neuro-Oncology Demonstrates Curtana Pharmaceuticals' CT-179 Prolonged Event-free Survival in an Animal Model of Medulloblastoma
- EclecticIQ Joins Health-ISAC Navigator™ Program
- Solid Power, Industry-leading All-solid-state Battery Producer, To List On NASDAQ Through Merger With Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III
- Guidehouse Insights Anticipates Global Investment in Warehouse Management Systems Infrastructure for the E-Commerce Sector Will Exceed $10 Billion in 2030
- Ping Identity Announces Offering of Common Stock by Selling Stockholders
- Docusign stock sees large unusual options activity