"Patty Jewett is more than a golf course, it's truly one of the major community hubs of Colorado Springs," said Pat Gentile, Patty Jewett superintendent. "I am excited for the next 100-year chapter of bringing together golfers, diners, businesses and residents alike as we work together to honor the legacy of this historic course and find ways to innovate and upgrade for future generations."
The celebration will include remarks from Parks' director Karen Palus, Mayor John Suthers, and Gentile. It will also feature an 18-hole putting green, music at the driving range, appetizers and a cash bar.
Built in 1898 and known as the Town and Gown Club, the course was purchased by William Jewett in 1910 and renamed the Colorado Springs Golf Club. After Jewett gained full ownership of the Suburban Land and Water Supply in 1919, he deeded the course to the City for $1, under the condition it be maintained by the City for the primary purpose of golf, and for the course to be named after his wife, Patty Stuart Jewett.
More on Colorado Desk
- BiKi.com Enters Strategic Cooperation with Kava, First DeFi App Built on Cosmos Ecosystem
- Colorado Springs: Community meeting postponed for Smith Creek Natural Area stewardship plan
- Colorado Springs: SmartCOS launches pilot smart streetlight project
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- Mortgage Brokerage Franchise Network Honored at National Awards Ceremony
Today, Patty Jewett operates as a city enterprise and is fully funded through green fees and other money generated at the course. It is one oldest public golf courses west of the Mississippi, and is the busiest golf course in the state of Colorado, averaging approximately 115,000 9-hole rounds of golf annually. In July, more than 21,000 9-hole rounds were played.
The golf course is expected to upgrade several features over the next few years, including:
- Updating the golf course master planA plan for the development of a portion of the city that contains proposed land uses, a generalized transportation system, and the relationship of the area included in the plan to surrounding property. through a public involvement process Installing a new irrigation system with a winter watering system that will replace the current system, which is 33 years old Expansion and repaving of the parking lot Upgrade of clubhouse heating systems
For more information on Patty Jewett, visit https://coloradosprings.gov/patty-jewett-golf-course.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Navigant Research Report Finds Global Market for Blockchain Applications in Remote & Grid-Connected Microgrids Is Expected to Experience 68% Growth Rate from 2019-2028
- "Bad Love Strikes" on Shelves Now in Tattered Cover Bookstore!
- Colorado Springs: City to begin major construction work on Barnes Road
- The Wrought Patio Furniture: Exquisite Patio Furniture
- Colorado Springs: City Now Accepting Application for 2020 Community Development Block Grant Funds and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Funds
- Colorado Springs: Springs in Bloom encourages residents and businesses to adopt a flower bed
- Colorado Springs: Census FAQ: will there be a citizenship question on the census?
- Argonaut Manufacturing Services and Particle Measuring Systems Partnering for Top Tier Results
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- New innovation in education report highlights why students choose online learning
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo