Intersections to go live September 25, 2020
- Austin Bluffs Parkway and North Academy Boulevard (westbound approach) East Platte Avenue and North Murray Boulevard (westbound approach and right turn lane)
Current intersections with red light cameras
More on Colorado Desk
- Terra Cover Launches ReaLSAT as New Surface Water Monitoring Service
- UDR Publishes Annual Corporate Responsibility Report
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- Kiosk Association Sponsors MUFSO Paul Brown, Inspire Brands Innovation Session
- East Platte Avenue @ Chelton Road (eastbound approach) Briargate Boulevard @ Lexington Boulevard (westbound approach) North Academy Boulevard @ North Carefree Circle (northbound approach) North Academy Boulevard @ Dublin Boulevard (northbound approach) Lake Avenue @ East Cheyenne Mountain Boulevard (eastbound approach and left turn lane eastbound to northbound) Airport Road @ South Academy Boulevard (northbound approach and left turn lane from northbound to westbound) East Platte Avenue and North Union Boulevard (westbound approach and left turn lane) East Woodmen Road and Duryea Drive (eastbound approach)
CSPD implements a 30-day warning period
Beginning September 25, 2020, motorists captured by the cameras running a red light at the new intersections will be issued a written warning by mail for the next 30 days during the warning period.
Following the warning period, drivers who enter the intersections after the light has turned red will receive a $75 citation (no points will be assessed).
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: New 'Signature Street" in Southwest downtown opens to public
- Lydia Jumonville Recognized As Top Denver Metro Area Leader
- AutoQuotes Opens New Office in Atlanta
- Local Health Center to Host Pop-up Halloween Flu Vaccine Clinic
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
Cameras operate 24-hours-a-day and capture images of vehicles when they run a red light at an intersection. Violations are issued after police personnel confirms a violation has occurred. Signs posted along the street will alert drivers that red-light safety cameras are in use at the intersection ahead. For more information about the program, visit www.ColoradoSprings.gov/RedLightSafety.
The automated red-light safety camera enforcement program works to change driver behavior through increased enforcement of red light laws and increased public awareness of red-light running.
Data shows that red-light safety cameras can change driving behavior and city officials chose the locations after evaluating several factors including crash data and where the technology would have the most impact.
Colorado Springs contracts with Verra Mobility as their red-light safety camera vendor. Verra Mobility is the leading provider of red light and speed camera enforcement programs across North America.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Official CMT Artist Ashley Wineland to Release New Single 'Daddy's Creed'
- Chefs, cooks and bartenders can now make money through new video network
- Four Credit Unions Simplify the Member Authentication Process with CULedger's MemberPass™
- CPA Firm DMJ & Co., PLLC Announces Expansion with Roberson CPA Firm, PLLC
- Routinify Begins Revenue Generation Through Successful Partnership with University of Colorado and Other Healthcare Groups
- NOUS Imaging Co-Founder Damien Fair Awarded MacArthur Fellowship
- UNice Online Wig Store Releases New Affordable Human Hair Wig Style 2020
- Nadula Announces an Exclusive Halloween Promotion- Avail up to 35% on Different Hair Products
- PATIENT FORECASTER'S Precision Staffing Tool Now Includes Predicted Hourly Bed Capacity, Patient Volumes and Hospital Admissions for Regional COVID-19 and Expected Flu Figures
- Survey From The College for Financial Planning—a Kaplan Company Finds More Investors Turning to Financial Advisors as a Result of the Pandemic
- ITSMA 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- Award-winning author and journalist Jennifer Moss to deliver a Keynote speech at Connected Virtual Tech Event
- Friday Health Plans Expands Footprint to Three Additional States for 2021
- Calvetta Phair Founder of 'The On It Foundation' Launch the First 'Crowd-Computer' Platform 'Get On It Now!' to Assist Families during the Pandemic
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates 4-Year Client ShelfGenie on Successful Exit
- Offset & Friends Perform With Surprise Guests Live + Virtually For Charity
- 44 Murdered in The First-Ever Plane Bombing Over US Soil (Flight #629) 65 Years Ago
- Coming Soon From WordFire Press—Gunslinger: The Dragon of Yellowstone, by Edward J. Knight!
- Ovintiv to Host its Third Quarter 2020 Results Conference Call on October 29, 2020
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs podcast: The not so good news about our COVID numbers