- Administrative offices for Mountain Metropolitan Transit City Administration Building City Clerk City Hall Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum Colorado Springs Tennis Deerfield Hills Community Center Hillside Community Center Meadows Park Community Center Memorial Park Recreation Center Municipal Court Otis Park Community Center Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Administration Building Sales Tax Office Sertich Ice Center Sports and Therapeutic Recreation Programs Office in Memorial Park
The following facilities will remain OPEN Monday:
- Deerfield Hills Spray Ground (4290 Deerfield Hills Road): will operate Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (Labor Day) from 10a.m.-5 p.m. Sessions start: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Monday is the final day of operation this year. Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center (1805 N 30th Street): open from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Patty Jewett Golf Course (900 E Espanola Street): open 7 a.m. to dusk: City Golf Championship will play Saturday-Monday; course open to public play beginning at 10:30 a.m. each day. Pikes Peak – America's Mountain (5069 Pikes Peak Highway, Cascade): uphill gates open 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.; Pikes Peak summit closes at 7 p.m.; downhill gates close at 8 p.m. (all times weather permitting)
- Winter hours begin Tuesday, Sept. 8; uphill gates open 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., summit closes at 6 p.m., downhill gates close at 7 p.m.
- Labor Day Vintage Baseball game is cancelled for 2020.
More on Colorado Desk
- OtterBox Announces Cases for Google Pixel 5 and Google Pixel 4a (5G)
- Intoxicating Wellness – A Mother And Daughter's Journey To Wellness And Sustainable Travel
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs: Helping people in crisis the right way
- Colorado Springs: Early Bird Hike & Bike set for Wednesday, Oct. 7 in Garden of the Gods Park
- 9/30/2020 Colorado's First Confirmed Equine West Nile Virus Case in 2020
Labor Day Lift Off goes citywide
The 44-year Colorado Springs tradition of a hot air balloon event on Labor Day weekend will continue with the Colorado Springs Labor Day Lift Off on Saturday, Sept. 5 and Sunday, Sept. 6.
Spectators are encouraged to look to the sky – from the comfort of their homes – between 7:30-8:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday morning to watch an array of 35+ balloons participating in the modified citywide celebration, lifting off from 10-12 locations across the city. The balloon launch site area map can be found at ColoradoSpringsLaborDayLiftOff.com.
While balloons soar overhead, tune in to your radio to listen to engaging and historical ballooning commentary. Event coverage will be aired with morning programing on the following radio stations: Sunny 106.3 FM, Y96.9, My 99.9, Cat Country 95.1, 96.1 The Beat, 92.9 Peak FM, 107.9 KBPI South, and AM 740 KVOR. Additionally, watch for television coverage throughout the weekend on KKTV. Several "pop-up" balloon glows are planned around the community on Saturday at 7 p.m., weather permitting.
City Council Work Session moved to Tuesday, Sept. 8
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado: State Veterinarian Confirms First Equine West Nile Virus Case of 2020
- The Beverly Hills, 90210 Videocast Live Super Show will Celebrate 30 Years of TV's Favorite ZIP code
- Colorado Springs: Stormwater project reduces flash flooding concerns near Citadel Mall
- Sparkling CBD Launches First CBD Water
- Agility Recovery Acquires Recovery Solutions, a Leading Business Continuity Provider for Banks and Financial Institutions
Due to the holiday, the City Council Work Session, which normally occurs at 10 a.m. on Mondays preceding regular meetings, will be moved to Tuesday, Sept. 8, beginning at 10 a.m. The regular meeting, which normally occurs at 10 a.m., is scheduled to take place beginning at 2 p.m. on Tuesday. Meetings are held in Council Chambers located on the third floor of City Hall located at 107 N. Nevada Avenue.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Menufy Accepts Six Additional Cryptocurrencies for Digital Food Orders
- HeartHero, Inc. Awarded ISO 13485 Certification
- KleenParts.com Finally Makes Carburetor Cleaning Easy
- CEO Coaching International Client Waste2Wear Wins Sustainable Business Award from the European Union Chamber of Commerce
- Cappello's Enhances Its Frozen-Fresh Category Leadership with the Close of Series B Funding Round
- Guidehouse Insights Report Finds Global IoT for Smart Buildings Revenue Is Expected to Experience a 14% Compound Annual Growth Rate from 2020-2029
- EverCommerce Selects New President for its Healthcare Technology Division
- Is Your Workplace Safe for Return?
- Jackson Rathbone's "DO NOT REPLY", launches Break Out Star: Elise Luthman
- Mary Logan Woolsey, her Family and Joshua's Heart deliver groceries to 350 families in Coconut Grove
- TTEC Hiring 1,000 In-Demand Licensed Healthcare Agents to Support Open Enrollment
- Shuttle service to resume at Colorado Springs Airport
- Impact Fund Genuine Interest Announces Strategic Investment in American Homebuilders of West Africa
- Balfour Beatty Completes $429 Million Construction of Regional Transportation District's N Line
- Ladies - Here is How to Elevate Your Wardrobe
- OnTech Smart Services debuts OnTech+ membership, offers exclusive discounts and first installation included
- STARK Industries LLC Supports Space Center Houston's Exhibit on NASA Innovations During the Pandemic via NASA JPL-Designed VITAL Ventilator Loan
- United We Rise Works To Collectively End The HIV Epidemic For Every(Black)Body
- Cheeses of Europe Celebrates Brunch Culture
- ROSIE READER Launches Literary Adventures for Children Ages 3 to 5