- Farmland Partners Buys Illinois Farm for $2.4 Million
- Colorado Springs: Saturday's community forum for Coleman Community Park postponed
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
With many community projects and events underway or planned for the upcoming year, Colorado Springs residents have a lot to look forward to in 2022.
Downtown Transformation in Full Swing
Two major sports facilities opened in downtown Colorado Springs in 2021; Weidner Field, home of The Colorado Springs Switchbacks and Ed Robson Arena, home to Colorado College Hockey. Both are part of the City for Champions (C4C) Initiative. Read more about C4C here.
New apartments, hotels, restaurants and businesses are contributing to an exciting energy downtown. One of many events is Skate in the Park, which is extended through Feb. 2022. Tickets, along with other downtown events, can be found at DowntownCS.com.
Input Welcome on ConnectCOS
Residents are invited to weigh in on a citywide visional transportation study. ConnectCOS involves technical analysis and community input to identify and prioritize short and long-term transportation projects for all modes of travel. Additional opportunities will soon be available for the public to review draft plans and provide feedback.
More on Colorado Desk
- Royal Gold Announces Third Quarter Dividend
- Stratum Nutrition® Announces Market Ready Dairy Free BLIS K12® and BLIS M18®
- MC Residential LLC Names Greg Flatt Regional Vice President
- ENERGY33 is awarded an Engineering & Construction Management Contract in Honduras
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
Southeast Development Underway
Public and private investment in the southeast area of Colorado Springs is paying off. The City has initiated public investments totaling over $160 million including numerous road and bridge projects and $8.5 million to build Panorama Park. In addition, the city is tracking approximately $500 million in private investment including three Amazon distribution facilities that are producing thousands of new jobs.
Significant progress has been made on the largest neighborhood park renovation in the city's history. The 13.5-acre Panorama Park, near Fountain Boulevard and Jet Wing Drive is set to open in the summer of 2022. A video showing the progress can be found here.
Peak Innovation Park, the 900-acre business park near the entrance of the Colorado Springs Airport, experienced substantial growth in 2021 with multiple construction and infrastructure projects, including utility and road extensions to accommodate future growth. More improvements are planned for 2022 as well as a hotel development.
Colorado Springs Tourism Stands Strong
2021 was a big year for Colorado's small airport. The airport welcomed Southwest Airlines in March, which brought tremendous growth in air service and seats available at Colorado Springs Airport. Other carriers also increased air service and capacity in direct response to Southwest. With the increase in capacity came an increase in travelers. Traffic volumes began to exceed 2019 volumes in the summer of 2021 and are projected to continue to do so.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Applications Now Open for CSPD Victim Advocacy Volunteer Program
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- PharmaJet Partner, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Launches Clinical Trial for the First in Human Alzheimer's DNA Vaccine
Tourists and residents have enjoyed our local attractions in record numbers, which includes more than 530,000 people visiting Pikes Peak – America's Mountain and the new visitor center, and more than 3.6 million soaking in the views at Garden of the Gods Park in 2021.
Olympic City USA Ready for Winter Olympic & Paralympic Games in 2022
Of all medals won by Team USA in Tokyo, 47% of those athletes lived or trained in Colorado Springs. As we prepare for the Winter Olympics in February 2022, follow @OlympicCityUSA on Facebook and Instagram for stories featuring our athletes as they strive for gold and details about a downtown celebration to help kick off the games. In the meantime, Olympic City USA gear is available for purchase at the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum, the Colorado Springs Airport or at ShopCOS.org.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- DirectDefense Appoints Jared Ballou as Vice President of Business Development
- Colorado: Governor Polis Takes Action in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Colorado: Governor Polis Signs Bills Into Law
- Colorado Springs: Celebrate Get Outdoors Day Saturday, June 4 at Memorial Park
- Colorado Springs: Public invited to help shape future design of Coleman Community Park
- What Colorado Leaders Are Saying About New Laws to Build More Affordable Housing for Vibrant Communities & Increase Community Safety
- Governor Polis Announces Increase in Funding for Landmark Colorado Outdoor Equity Grant Program After Program Receives 170 Funding Requests During Inaugural 2022 Application Cycle
- National CineMedia, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Conference
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Signs Bills into Law in Grand Junction to Improve Access to Housing, Joins CMU Major Announcement to Help Save Students Money
- Free shuttle service begins in downtown Colorado Springs
- Colorado Leading U.S. in Strongest Job Growth Since Before Pandemic & Fastest Growth Since Great Recession
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Kind Home Solutions makes Denver Business Journal's 2022 Best Places to Work list
- QRails Simplifies Earned Wage Access Delivery with Its AnyDay Platform
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- BKV CORPORATION TO ACQUIRE PREMIER BARNETT SHALE UPSTREAM AND MIDSTREAM ASSETS FROM EXXONMOBIL
- Annual Shareholders' Meeting SpineGuard - 8 June 2022
- Colorado: What Public Safety Leaders & Community Advocates Are Saying about New Laws to Make Communities Safer & Ensure Every Coloradan Can Thrive
- Governor Jared Polis Signs Bills to Improve Public Safety to Save Lives and Make Colorado Communities Safer