- Apogee Welcomes Nick Marchese, VP of Growth
- Lumen Technologies completes private offering of Senior Notes
- Isabella Johnston, aka The Intern Whisperer, is a GUINNESS WORLD RECORD Participant
"We are thrilled to welcome Southwest Airlines to our community and look forward to the positive economic and cultural impact it will have," said Colorado Springs Mayor, John Suthers. "Whenever I have discussed air service in Colorado Springs with our citizens, they inevitably ask about Southwest Airlines. I want to thank all of our partners; Visit COS, the Chamber & EDC, the Regional Air Service Task Force and the team at our airport for their collaboration and support in bringing Southwest Airlines to Colorado Springs. We look forward to the announcement of fares and flights, to augmenting our strong tourism industry and to giving more people the opportunity to visit the Most Desirable City in America. I am confident that our residents will support this new partner and we look forward to a long and successful relationship."
Southwest's iconic hospitality, low fares, and customer-friendly policies mirror those values of COS, Colorado's small airport.
More on Colorado Desk
- TTEC Declares $2.14 Per Share Special Cash Dividend
- Beef. It's What's For Dinner. Shares Tips for a Spectacular Holiday Season
- Fellini In Action, 8 1/2 Set Photography by Paul Ronald Exhibit
- Bells & Balls in the Bottoms Ring In Kansas City's West Bottoms Holiday Weekends
- BEERMKR Home Brewing System Is a Beer Lovers Dream Holiday Gift
"As we bring Colorado Springs into the Southwest network, it will give travelers across the country more access to experience the region's top destinations, education and training facilities, and providing new air service for travelers who have long-desired easy access to our expansive network," said Jason Van Eaton, Southwest's Senior Vice President of Real Estate and Government Affairs and Executive Ambassador to Colorado. "We look forward to bringing our value, Customer-friendly policies, and our world famous Hospitality to the Pikes Peak Region as we expand our footprint across the state."
Service is anticipated to begin in the first half of 2021. Additional details, including schedules and fares, will be available soon.
Colorado Springs Airport's small size means small commutes, small lines and small waits. It means friendliness, safety and comfort. It also means you don't have to give up the big options of having direct flights to major hubs. For more information visit www.FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Guidehouse Insights Report Shows Global Investment in Industrial Wi-Fi 6 Infrastructure Is Expected to Experience a 17% Compound Annual Growth Rate from 2021-2030
- Nexstar Media Group forces blackout of nearly 5.4 million DISH customers
- Triumph Tech Achieves AWS DevOps Competency
- SymbianOne.com Celebrates 20 Years Online as a Trusted Mobile Technology News Resource
- Supreme Court Rules There Is No Santa Claus In New Holiday Book
- Syxsense Announces New Asia Expansion
- HZT Records Releases "Angel" by Hillstaxx Dec 11
- Colorado Springs: 1871st tree planted in COS150: tree challenge
- Thanksgiving Cannabis Sales Top $238 Million, Mark Biggest Sales Day of the Year
- Everside Health Names New President and COO
- Handle Payroll and Business Tasks With ezAccounting Bundle Version 2020-2021 For Limited Time
- Strive Health Welcomes Brandi Riddle as Chief Financial Officer
- 'Bounce Back to Success' hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office
- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- Reigning National Football League's DPOY, Stephon Gilmore, Hand Writes a Note to his Five-Year Old Son, Addressing Why "Black Lives Matter"
- New Hires Fuel TRIBUS Year-end Growth
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs podcast: 'Tis the season to be SAFE
- Anark Deepens Commitment to Customer Engagement with Additions to Executive Leadership Team, Marketing, and Sales Enablement
- Clearwater Living Certified as a Great Place to Work®