- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Two New Editions Featuring Insights From Top F&B Experts
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb
On Aug. 7, the highway will delay opening to the summit until 9 a.m. The North Slope Recreation Area will operate as normal, opening at 7:30 a.m. For additional event information, visit ColoradoSpringsSports.org/PikesPeakCyclingHillClimb.
Pikes Peak Ascent
On Aug, 21, the summit will be closed to highway visitors, including Pikes Peak Ascent spectators. Guests will be allowed to drive as far as Devils Playground, which is located at mile 16 of the 19-mile highway, starting at noon that day. The North Slope Recreation Area will open at 7:30 a.m. Visitors should anticipate congestion along the highway and in the parking areas, and parking at Glen Cove will be reserved for race personnel only. The race will be live streamed on a jumbo screen at Memorial Park in Manitou Springs. Pikes Peak Marathon officials encourage all family and friends of runners to watch the race from the park and celebrate with runners upon their return to Manitou Springs. For more information on the race, visit PikesPeakMarathon.org.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
Aug. 15 is the final day of shuttle service to the summit. The shuttle has been taking the majority of highway visitors from Devils Playground to the summit this summer due to extremely limited summit parking while ongoing sitework is underway. Summit parking will still be extremely limited, and access cannot be guaranteed. Highway visitors should expect to make it as far as Devils Playground. Summit access will be first come, first served. Site work on the summit is expected to be complete by the end of September 2021, weather dependent.
For more information on Pikes Peak – America's Mountain, an enterprise of the City of Colorado Springs, visit PikesPeakColorado.com.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado: Governor Polis Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- How Human Resource Managers Can Support Working Family Caregivers
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Joseph D. Findley to the 8th Judicial District Court
- Governor Polis & Lt. Governor Primavera Welcome President Biden to Colorado
- El gobernador Polis, el senador Bennet y el estado de Colorado lanzan una campaña para garantizar que todas las familias de Colorado puedan acceder al crédito tributario por hijos
- Seed & Smith Announces 1 Gram Dart Collaboration with Big Gigantic
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Colorado Springs: City Staff Give Third Presentation on $76M of ARPA Funding to City Council
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021