- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Two New Editions Featuring Insights From Top F&B Experts
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
The Board of Assessment Appeals hears appeals filed by real and personal property owners on the valuation placed on their property.
for terms expiring June 30, 2022:
- Valerie Bartell of Longmont, Colorado, reappointed;
- John DeRungs of Denver, Colorado, reappointed;
- Samuel M. Forsyth of Colorado Springs, Colorado, reappointed;
- Amy J. Williams, MAI of Hayden, Colorado, a member engaged in agriculture, reappointed;
- Claudia Crane of Crestone, Colorado, appointed;
- Monte Mullins of Alamosa, Colorado, appointed;
for a term expiring June 30, 2025
- Ann Louesa Maricle of Denver, Colorado, occasioned by the resignation of Deborah Baumbach, appointed.
Board of Landscape Architects
The Board of Landscape Architects is charged with the examination and licensing of landscape architects in the state.
for a term expiring August 4, 2025:
- Xuemei "Shumay" Li of Westminster, Colorado, to serve as a licensed landscape architect, or eligible to be licensed in Colorado as a landscape architect at the time of the formation of the board, with at least three years of experience in the practice of landscape architecture, and a resident of Colorado, appointed.
Child Protection Ombudsman Board
The Child Protection Ombudsman Board oversees decisions related to the Office of the Child Protection Ombudsman, including personnel decisions, accountability and consistency in operating policies and procedures, and fiscal oversight of the general operating budget.
for a term expiring August 1, 2023:
- April Lane of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an individual with previous professional experience with an urban human or social services agency or an urban private child welfare agency, occasioned by the resignation of Claire Morrow of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
for terms expiring August 1, 2025:
- Judith Ann Martinez of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an individual with experience in primary or secondary education, appointed;
- Aaron Miltenberger of Alamosa, Colorado, to serve as an individual with previous professional experience with a rural county human or social services agency or a rural private child welfare advocacy agency, appointed.
Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority Board of Directors
The Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority Board of Directors issues bonds to provide affordable financing for educational and cultural buildings and equipment owned by non-profit institutions.
for a term expiring June 30, 2022:
- Jenny Gentry of Denver, Colorado, a Democrat and occasioned by the resignation of Amanda Mountain of Denver, Colorado, appointed.
Colorado Health Benefits Exchange Board of Directors
The Board of Directors shall determine and establish the development, governance, and operation of the Exchange. The Exchange shall foster a competitive marketplace for insurance and shall not solicit bids or engage in the active purchase of insurance.
for terms expiring July 1, 2025:
- Christy S. Blakely of Littleton, Colorado, health care consumer navigation or assistance and expert in the provision of health care services with over 30 years of experience, appointed;
- Lorez Meinhold of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member with expertise in small employer health insurance and healthcare economics, reappointed;
- Claire van Schaik Brockbank of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member with health care finance experience, information technology experience, and starting a small business with 50 or fewer employees, reappointed.
Colorado Healthcare Affordability and Sustainability Enterprise (CHASE)
The Colorado Healthcare Affordability and Sustainability Enterprise (CHASE) is responsible for working with the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing and the Medical Services Board to develop the hospital provider fee model, monitor the implementation of House Bill 09-1293, help with the preparation of annual reports on this program, and ensure that the Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) eligibility expansions are implemented as intended.
for a term expiring May 15, 2025:
- Heather Lafferty of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a representative of a business that purchases or otherwise provides health insurance for its employees, appointed.
Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission
The Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission adopts and enforces rules and regulations for the establishment and operation of gambling in the Colorado towns of Black Hawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
for terms expiring July 1, 2025:
- Sheriff Kevin Armstrong of Black Hawk, Colorado, to serve as a member from the Second Congressional District, a representative of law enforcement, and as a Republican, appointed;
- Patricia Landaveri of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member of the First Congressional District, a representative of business management, and an Unaffiliated, appointed.
Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
The Board shall establish guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program, advise and assist local education providers and institutions of higher education in preparing cooperative agreements, make recommendations as necessary to the General Assembly, the State Board, and the Commission concerning the improvement or updating of state policies relating to concurrent enrollment programs.
for terms expiring July 1, 2024:
- Martin Goldberg of Fort Collins, Colorado, who has experience in postsecondary student counseling, student administration, and financial aid, reappointed;
- JulieMarie Shepherd Macklin of Aurora, Colorado, who has experience in public budgeting and finance, appointed;
- Keith King of Monument, Colorado, who has experience in postsecondary student counseling, student administration, and financial aid, appointed.
Court Security Cash Fund Commission
The main goal of the Commission is to provide supplemental funding for ongoing security for the state court facilities in various capacities (staffing, equipment, training, etc). Although the responsibility for providing security for state court facilities lies with the county governments, the current variation in funds available per county may not allow for proper security measures to be met in each county.
for terms expiring July 1, 2024:
- Sheriff Shannon Keith Byerly of Westcliffe, Colorado, to serve as a representative of an association that represents county sheriffs who are recommended by the association and with county population below the median, reappointed;
- Sheriff John J. FitzSimmons of Silverthorne, Colorado, to serve as a representative of an association that represents county sheriffs who are recommended by the association and with county population above the median, reappointed;
- Honorable Lynne Thompson of Center, Colorado, to serve as a representative of an association that represents county commissioners who are recommended by the association, appointed.
Energy Impact Assistance Advisory Committee
The Energy Impact Assistance Advisory Committee reviews the existing and potential impact of the development, processing, or energy conversion of mineral and fuel resources in various areas of the state. The Committee then makes recommendations to the Department of Local Affairs to assist impacted areas.
for terms expiring August 24, 2025:
- Ginette "Gigi" Dennis-Loundsbury of Monte Vista, Colorado, reappointed;
- Barbara Bynum of Montrose, Colorado, appointed;
- Gillian Laycock of Hugo, Colorado, appointed.
Fire and Police Pension Association Board of Directors
The Fire and Police Pension Association is a local governmental unit that administers a state-wide pension plan for full-time paid police officers and firefighters.
effective September 2, 2021, for terms expiring September 1, 2025:
- Karen Frame of Greenwood Village, Colorado, to serve as a representative of corporate administration, reappointed;
- Marisa Pacheco of Pueblo, Colorado, to serve as a representative of Colorado municipal employers, reappointed;
- Joan Brown of Golden, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the financial community with experience in insurance disability claims, appointed.
Governor's Board of Ethics
The Board of Ethics shall, when requested by the Governor, comment on gubernatorial appointments; review complaints of any violation of the provisions of title 24, article 18 of the Colorado Revised Statutes by an elected officer, appointee, or employee of the Executive Department; make written recommendations to the Governor concerning his requests; and review appeals brought before the Board.
for terms expiring at the pleasure of the Governor:
- Stan Matsunaka of Loveland, Colorado, appointed;
- Arthur "Tyrone" Glover of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
- Jacki Cooper Melmed of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
- Jenna Goldstein of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
- Andrew Lillie of Golden, Colorado, appointed.
HIV Alliance for Prevention, Care and Treatment
More on Colorado Desk
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- Colorado Springs: Frontier Airlines Now Offers Service to Orlando from COS
- September 15 is National Online Learning Day - LearningRx Brain Training Offers Online Training
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
To promote effective HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs, the HIV Alliance shall advise, inform and closely consult with CDPHE with regard to issues, trends, needs, policy, and resources pertaining to HIV/AIDS throughout the State of Colorado.
for terms expiring February 27, 2024:
- Barb Cardell of Boulder, Colorado, appointed;
- Bridget Reyes of Grand Junction, Colorado, appointed;
- Jesus "Jesse" Chavez-Van De Hey of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
- Mariska Osborne-Wells of Aurora, Colorado, appointed;
- Matthew Bennett of Arvada, Colorado, appointed.
Private Occupational School Board
The Private Occupational School Board advises on standards for educational services in private occupational schools. The Board also grants accreditation to schools that meet the standards established by the Board.
for a term expiring July 1, 2025:
- Chad Nash of Denver, Colorado, a representative of the general public, appointed.
Public Employees' Retirement Benefit Plan
The Public Employees' Retirement Benefit Plans (PERA) manages and provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the State of Colorado.
for a term expiring July 10, 2025:
- Norman Franke of Parker, Colorado, to serve as a representative with experience and competence in investment, management, finance, banking, economics, accounting, pension administration, or actuarial analysis and as a Republican, appointed.
Solid and Hazardous Waste Commission
The Solid and Hazardous Waste Commission makes rules and regulations for the handling, storage, and transportation of hazardous waste in the State of Colorado.
for terms expiring August 1, 2024:
- Christopher Gilbreath of Westminster, Colorado, to serve as a representative from the regulated community and as a Republican, reappointed;
- Cathleen Hall of Carbondale, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the government or academic community and as an Unaffiliated, reappointed;
- Cathryn Stewart of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the public at large and as a Democrat, reappointed.
State Board of Equalization
The State Board of Equalization reviews the valuations of real and personal property and, upon a majority vote, raise, lower, and otherwise change such valuations so that the state's tax burden is equally and fairly distributed.
effective September 3, 2021, for terms expiring September 2, 2025:
- Martin Flaum of Westminster, Colorado, to serve as a representative with knowledge of property taxation, reappointed;
- Barbara Brewer of Grand Junction, Colorado, to serve as a representative with knowledge of property taxation, reappointed.
State Board of Stock Inspection Commissioners
The State Board of Stock Inspection Commission makes rules regarding brand inspection and livestock laws and regulates fees for stock inspections. The Commission also sets service charges and procedures, administers the Estray Fund, licenses public livestock markets, and secures bond and surety on butchers and slaughters.
for a term expiring May 1, 2025:
- Margrit Parker of Firestone, Colorado, to serve as a representative with broad knowledge of Colorado livestock industry and shall represent commodities other than confinement and non-confinement cattle industries, with the largest percentage of fees, appointed.
State Plumbing Board
The State Plumbing Board grants licenses to plumbers, and amends and enforces rules and regulations for the examination and licensure of plumbers.
for terms expiring July 1, 2025:
- Catherine A. Dunihoo of Windsor, Colorado, to serve as a journeyman plumber professional member, reappointed;
- Clen Ray Ratliff of Arvada, Colorado, to serve as an employee of a local government agency conducting plumbing inspections professional member, reappointed;
- Sonny Welch of Castle Rock, Colorado, to serve as a master plumber professional member, appointed.
Thirteenth Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commission
There is a judicial district nominating commission for each of Colorado's 22 judicial districts that selects nominees for district and county judicial vacancies. Each district nominating commission is chaired by a justice of the Supreme Court, who is a non-voting member of the commission.
for a term expiring December 31, 2026:
- Jerold Brandt of Holyoke, Colorado, to serve as a non-attorney, a Republican, and a member from Phillips County, appointed.
Title Insurance Commission
The Title Insurance Commission is an advisory body to the Commissioner of Insurance concerning matters of title insurance. The Commission's duties include proposing, advising, and recommending rules subject to approval by the Commissioner for the implementation and administration of the business of title insurance.
for terms expiring August 5, 2025:
- Brianna Carignan Dowling of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a representative of resident licensed title insurance agent with not less than five years of experience in the title insurance business in Colorado, reappointed;
- Robert Michael Murphy of Grant, Colorado, to serve as an at-large public member who is not engaged in the business of title insurance, reappointed;
- Philip Michael Schreiber of Littleton, Colorado, to serve as a representative from a title insurance company that has net admitted assets of less than five hundred million dollars, reappointed;
- Jane Lane of Parker, Colorado, to serve as an at-large public member who is not engaged in the business of title insurance, occasioned by the resignation of Gary Glenn, appointed.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Provides Update on COVID-19 & Plans for Vaccine Boosters
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- SS&C ALPS Advisors To Close An Exchange Traded Fund
- Braeden Lichti: How Have Pandemic Supply Chain Issues Impacted Businesses and Wall Street?
- Great Wine Gift: A Wine Lovers Paradise, For Any And Everything Wine Accessory Related
- Three Innovative New Buildings Welcome Students Back to the University of Denver Campus This Fall
- Governor Polis, Senator Bennet & State of Colorado Launch Campaign To Ensure Every Colorado Family Can Access Child Tax Credit
- National Association of Tax Professionals releases annual tax preparer fee study
- CORA Vascular Interventional Radiologists strive to save limbs, save lives
- Colorado Springs: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services accepting photo submissions for 2022 calendar
- Loftus Wealth Strategies Celebrates 10 Years with Strategic Expansion
- In a New York Minute : Voglia Swimwear Showcases at New York Fashion Week
- Genmega Launches New Website for ATMs and Kiosks