Colorado Springs, CO - Amazon announced plans to open a new fulfillment center in Colorado Springs, creating more than 1,000 full-time jobs. Starting salaries are $15 an hour with comprehensive benefits starting on day one. Amazon currently employs more than 4,000 full-time associates throughout the State of Colorado.
"We're excited to open a new, state-of-the-art fulfillment center in Colorado Springs. Colorado has a talented workforce, and we are very excited to grow employment beyond the more than 4,000 associates already serving customers in the state," said Alicia Boler Davis, Amazon's Vice President of Global Customer Fulfillment.
"The City of Colorado Springs is thrilled to welcome this new Amazon facility to our community," said Mayor John Suthers. "The arrival of this incredibly successful and innovative company brings with it a wealth of good-paying jobs in our Southeast quadrant and continued positive growth at the Colorado Springs Airport. I commend the Colorado Springs Airport, the city's economic development division and our partners at the Colorado Springs Chamber and EDC for yet another very positive development for the City of Colorado Springs."
More on Colorado Desk
- Ideanomics' Announces Pilot Program to Monetize EV Energy Sales
- Higher Digital Appoints New Advisory Board Members as Colleges and Universities Seek Guidance to Adapt to Online Teaching and Learning
- Chicago Tech Startup Launches New "House Painting In Place" Technology In Wake Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Abintegro redefines how employers recruit early talent
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
Amazon will fulfill customer orders such as books, electronics, and toys from this 800,000-square-foot fulfillment center. All associates will go through safety training and have access to continuing education opportunities through Amazon's upskilling programs such as Career Choice. In the Career Choice program, the company will pre-pay up to 95 percent of tuition for courses related to in-demand fields, regardless of whether the skills are relevant to a career at Amazon. Since the program's launch, over 25,000 employees have pursued degrees in game design and visual communications, nursing, IT programming and radiology, to name a few.
On top of Amazon's $15 minimum wage, the company offers full-time employees comprehensive benefits including full medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) with 50 percent match starting on day one. The company also offers up to 20 weeks of maternal and parental paid leave and innovative benefits such as Leave Share and Ramp Back, which give new parents flexibility with their growing families. In addition, Amazon has pledged to invest over $700 million to provide upskilling training for 100,000 U.S. employees for in-demand jobs. Programs will help Amazonians from all backgrounds access training to move into highly skilled roles across the company's corporate offices, tech hubs, fulfilment centers, retail stores, and transportation network, or to pursue career paths outside of Amazon.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: COVID-19 enforcement of health orders
- T-NOW, a New Offering from TTEC, Provides COVID-19 Business and Government Continuity and Resiliency Solutions for CX Leaders
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Colorado Springs: Homeless Isolation Shelter Opened, Received First Guest on Sunday
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
Amazon's fulfillment network supports businesses of all sizes worldwide through its Fulfillment By Amazon offering, and many of those local organizations are based right here in Colorado. There are more than 45,000 authors, small and medium-sized businesses, and developers in Colorado growing their companies and reaching new customers on Amazon products and services. Amazon has invested $1.5 billion in Colorado including customer fulfillment and cloud infrastructure, research facilities, and compensation to our employees. A result of Amazon's investments in Colorado, more than $1 billion has been added into the state GDP.
In 2019, Amazon released a report that revealed the top 10 states with the fastest-growing small and medium-sized businesses. The State of Colorado was sixth on the list. The report examined year-over-year sales growth of businesses selling in Amazon's stores across all 50 states. Amazon helps facilitate online selling and provides the logistics behind-the-scenes that help enable businesses, particularly those located in rural areas, to reach customers around the globe.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- UGE Signs Three Agreements, Including Largest US Project in Company's History
- Ball Delivers Cryostat to University of Arizona for NASA Balloon Mission
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- Colorado Springs: Isolation shelter for people experiencing homelessness and show symptoms of COVID-19
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Americans Brace For Economic Fallout From Coronavirus Pandemic
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- Selectech Launches Healthcare Division
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Bobo's "healthcare Heroes" Bar Supports Frontline Workers With Healthy, Ready-to-eat Snacks
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!