Jackson Creek Parkway is a critical north-south arterial roadway in Monument providing a parallel to I-25 and access to major retailers, businesses, and residents. The mile-long road improvements expanded the two-lane road into four lanes with turn lanes, bike lanes, and a landscaped median to match the streetscape theme along adjacent corridors. Through innovative processes, strong communication, and collaboration, the project has reduced traffic congestion and beautified the parkway with minimal disruption to local businesses.
While the Town of Monument owns the road, Triview Metropolitan District is responsible for widening the Jackson Creek Parkway and maintaining it. This overlapping responsibility required strong collaboration between agencies, the designer HR Green, the contractor Kiewit Infrastructure Group and adjacent property owners.
More on Colorado Desk
- Terra Cover Launches ReaLSAT as New Surface Water Monitoring Service
- UDR Publishes Annual Corporate Responsibility Report
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- Kiosk Association Sponsors MUFSO Paul Brown, Inspire Brands Innovation Session
The section from Higby Road south to Baptist Road is in the district but only half of that segment had been improved to a four-lane section. Growth in the area was causing the two-lane section to operate at capacity with backups occurring on a regular basis. Two lanes of traffic needed to be maintained through the construction process.
The mile-long road improvements beautify the Jackson Creek Parkway and add a multitude of capacity through the following scopes: two new traffic lanes on the east side of the existing roadway, turning lanes, bike lanes, curb and gutter, storm drain system, center median with concrete and landscape rock, road lighting, and a sidewalk on the east side. The project added bike lanes and ensured that the Preble's Meadow Jumping Mouse habitat was protected. Construction was completed prior to the critical holiday shopping season.
Triview Metro District adopted a unique method to accelerate project delivery with the Construction Manager-General Contractor (CMGC) approach making it possible to resolve issues before the design was finalized and to accelerate construction. Kiewit Infrastructure Group was selected to provide Construction Management General Contractor services on the project when plans were completed to the 60 percent level. Kiewit offered input on the design to improve constructability, minimize risks, reduce costs, and accelerate the construction process.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: New 'Signature Street" in Southwest downtown opens to public
- Lydia Jumonville Recognized As Top Denver Metro Area Leader
- AutoQuotes Opens New Office in Atlanta
- Local Health Center to Host Pop-up Halloween Flu Vaccine Clinic
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
About HR Green
Founded in 1913, the HR Green Family of Companies includes HR Green, Inc.; HR Green Pacific, Inc.; HR Green Development, LLC; HR Green Fiber and Broadband, LLC; HR Green California, Inc., and HR Green Michigan, LLC. HR Green has offices throughout the nation providing engineering, technical, and management solutions that build communities and improve lives in: Transportation, Water, Governmental Services, Land Development, Environmental, Construction, and Fiber and Broadband. For more information, visit www.hrgreen.com.
SOURCE HR Green
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Official CMT Artist Ashley Wineland to Release New Single 'Daddy's Creed'
- Chefs, cooks and bartenders can now make money through new video network
- Four Credit Unions Simplify the Member Authentication Process with CULedger's MemberPass™
- CPA Firm DMJ & Co., PLLC Announces Expansion with Roberson CPA Firm, PLLC
- Routinify Begins Revenue Generation Through Successful Partnership with University of Colorado and Other Healthcare Groups
- NOUS Imaging Co-Founder Damien Fair Awarded MacArthur Fellowship
- UNice Online Wig Store Releases New Affordable Human Hair Wig Style 2020
- Nadula Announces an Exclusive Halloween Promotion- Avail up to 35% on Different Hair Products
- PATIENT FORECASTER'S Precision Staffing Tool Now Includes Predicted Hourly Bed Capacity, Patient Volumes and Hospital Admissions for Regional COVID-19 and Expected Flu Figures
- Survey From The College for Financial Planning—a Kaplan Company Finds More Investors Turning to Financial Advisors as a Result of the Pandemic
- ITSMA 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- Award-winning author and journalist Jennifer Moss to deliver a Keynote speech at Connected Virtual Tech Event
- Friday Health Plans Expands Footprint to Three Additional States for 2021
- Calvetta Phair Founder of 'The On It Foundation' Launch the First 'Crowd-Computer' Platform 'Get On It Now!' to Assist Families during the Pandemic
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates 4-Year Client ShelfGenie on Successful Exit
- Offset & Friends Perform With Surprise Guests Live + Virtually For Charity
- 44 Murdered in The First-Ever Plane Bombing Over US Soil (Flight #629) 65 Years Ago
- Coming Soon From WordFire Press—Gunslinger: The Dragon of Yellowstone, by Edward J. Knight!
- Ovintiv to Host its Third Quarter 2020 Results Conference Call on October 29, 2020
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs podcast: The not so good news about our COVID numbers