- Espanita Artisanal Tequila Awarded Gold At 2020 USA Spirits Awards
- United Flea Markets Acquires Treasure Aisles Flea Market in Monroe, Ohio
- Colorado Springs: Construction to replace Platte Avenue Bridge over Sand Creek underway
"We all know that small business has been disproportionally affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic," said Jack E. Kosakowski, President and CEO of Junior Achievement USA. "Despite the immediate challenges facing business owners, entrepreneurship is still one of the most effective ways to drive innovation, overcome economic disparity, and grow communities. Through this collaboration with EY, we are committed to helping more young people understand the challenges and benefits of becoming an entrepreneur."
JA Launch Lesson is a 50-minute educational experience built around the theme of entrepreneurship that creates a point of entry for students, volunteers and educators. It is delivered locally by entrepreneurs virtually, in classrooms and other student venues around the United States during National Entrepreneurship Month. Entrepreneurs are provided a guide by Junior Achievement that gives them the opportunity to connect with students, provide relevant information about their company and entrepreneurial journey, and share advice and next steps for students who are interested in starting their own business.
More on Colorado Desk
- City Council adopts Colorado Springs' first public art master plan; approves acquisition of additional 40 acres of open space in Corral Bluffs
- Gates Industrial to Participate in Credit Suisse's 8th Annual Global Industrials Conference
- 2020 Colorado Cleantech Awards Finalists Announced
- Visible Teams Up with Dan Levy and His Iconic Eyebrows in New "Unlimited Eyebrowsing" Ad Campaign
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
"We are honored to continue our tradition of fostering entrepreneurship at EY," said Marna Ricker, Junior Achievement USA board member and EY's Vice Chair of Tax Services. "This collaborative initiative empowers thousands of EY volunteers to help shape the next-generation workforce and deliver on our purpose of building a better working world."
About Junior Achievement USA® (JA)
Junior Achievement is the world's largest organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. JA programs are delivered by corporate and community volunteers, and provide relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. Today, JA reaches more than 4.8 million students per year in 105 markets across the United States, with an additional 5.2 million students served by operations in 100 other countries worldwide. Junior Achievement USA is a member of JA Worldwide. Visit www.ja.org for more information.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
More on Colorado Desk
- Arapahoe/Douglas Works! and CompTIA Partner to Assist Displaced Workers Through Free IT Training Program
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
SOURCE Junior Achievement USA
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- OtterBox Has a Gift for Everyone on Your List
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
- US Stock Dividends Dropped 3.9% While Global Dividends Fell 11% in Q3
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket
- 14th Annual Tour DaVita Raises Nearly $1 Million for Bridge of Life
- NAC Welcomes New OCC Proposed Rule To Help Provide Access to Banking Services for ATM Operators
- Western Union Advances Its Digital Growth Strategy With Investment in stc pay
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Stetson University
- Colorado Springs: Mountain Metro Returns to Normal Weekend Service
- City of Colorado Springs receives $340,000 grant from Great Outdoors Colorado for community-based stewardship projects
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Midland East Celebrates Topping Off
- Colorado Springs: Bancroft Park's self-cleaning restrooms named America's Best Restroom® by Cintas
- Liggett Group, Vector Tobacco, and Xcaliber International File Preliminary Injunction Against the State of Colorado in United States Federal Court
- Colorado Springs: First five years of 2C paving program comes to a close
- Colorado Springs makes shortlist of permanent U.S. Space Command headquarters candidates
- Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Dashboard as Demand for Securing Remote Workers Surges
- Trifecta for Home Sellers- Taking Advantage of the Market
- Kaufman & Kaufman, LLC. Will Help You Settle Your Case
- Toll Brothers at The Timbers Releases New Home Sites