- Alterra Mountain Company Names New President & COO of Mammoth Mountain & June Mountain in California
- Promote Your SoundCloud and YouTube Video Online with the help of Music Promotion Club
- Colorado Springs: Shooks Run and Fountain Creek Revitalization (Brownfields)
The daily weekday closure of North Cheyenne Canyon Road, from the Starsmore Visitor & Nature Center to Helen Hunt Falls within North Cheyenne Cañon Park, is extended through June 18, weather and construction dependent. From Monday-Friday, vehicles are not permitted on the road, however, trails will remain open to non-motorized recreational use. The road will open to vehicles on weekends. The extended closure will allow for the completion of additional parking improvements.
"Thank you for your continued patience as we work to improve the parking offerings for people of all abilities within North Cheyenne Cañon Park," said David Deitemeyer, senior landscape architect. "While we didn't initially plan to do all of these improvements at once, the timing worked out in a way that makes this the safest, most efficient and most cost effective manner to carry out these much-needed improvements, and your park experience will benefit in the long run."
Since the start of the daily weekday closure on May 3, crews have nearly completed work on the existing gravel parking lot located uphill of Helen Hunt Falls at the intersection of North Cheyenne Canyon Road, High Drive and Gold Camp Road. Work was expected to be complete Friday, May 28, but due to weather delays, the lot will likely reopen Wednesday, June 2 with access available from Gold Camp Road. The lot count was increased from 75 non-designated spaces to 92 designated stalls, plus the addition of concrete curb and gutter, a paved asphalt surface and accessible parking spaces. This was a recommendation of the North Cheyenne Cañon master plan.
More on Colorado Desk
- Wiland, Inc. Announcement
- Colorado Springs: Fall 2021 Public Meeting Survey
- Simplifya Makes Major Q2 Moves with Closing of $6 Million Series B Round, Addition of Jeff Katz to Board of Directors and Imminent Launch of TENDRTM Payment Processing Solution
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
Additional work to take place during the extended weekday closure of North Cheyenne Canyon Road is as follows:
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) improvements at Helen Hunt Falls, including a new accessible plaza area between the building and waterfall, a new accessible ramp and addition of accessible parking stalls
- Parking improvements at the Bruin Inn Picnic Area that will help formalize the pull-off parking, add some stalls and improve pedestrian flow crossing the street. There will be a connection to the Daniels Pass Trail here.
- The new Daniels Pass Trailhead will be completed, providing 12 designated parking spaces. Bridge abutments will also be installed in preparation for two new trail bridges on the Daniels Pass Trail, which are scheduled to be installed later this summer.
- The ADA accessible parking stall and ramp at the restroom building in South Cañon will be repaired.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Father's Day as a Target Audience
- Protopia and University of Michigan Host Webinar on AI-Powered Networking in the Classroom
- Lineus Medical Expands US Distribution with CoMedical
- Guidehouse Insights Names Nokia, Sierra Wireless, Cisco, and HPE the Leading Industrial IoT Networking Solutions Vendors
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- Intermap Wins Contract Under OTA from National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency ("NGA")
- Fast-Growing Team Collaboration Market Leader Selects ServiceSource to Design and Implement Innovative Revenue Retention Program
- PEI Named Top Managed Services Provider in the United States
- ActivePipe empowering brokerages to stay relevant
- Tropidelic and JSG Live announce the inaugural EVERWILD Music Festival Aug 13 – 14, 2021 in Newark, OH
- USA Triathlon Announces 2020 U.S. Olympic Triathlon Team
- Mod Livin' Modern Furniture announces a NEW OWNER!
- Colorado Rancher Unveils NEW John Budd CBD Line for Working Men
- Canadian Turnaround Software and Telecom CEO joins CEO Coaching International
- New Epson LabelWorks 2-inch Bulk Label Printers Now Available at DuraFast Label Company
- Certified Forensic Death Investigators (CFDI) Program for Criminal Defense Investigators
- Syxsense Welcomes Dave R Taylor as Chief Marketing Officer - Invests to Expand on Growth
- Xtreme Vibe TV Heads To Amazon Prime Video
- Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. Appoints Audrey Robertson to Its Board of Directors
- Rebel Medicine Solves Weight Loss For Moms With Biologically Appropriate Plan, The Diet Killer