- Colorado Springs: City Council seeks volunteers to serve on Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Mister Illusion aka Charlie Fass at Fountains at Roseville this Friday
- Colorado Author Mark Shaiken Releases New Legal Mystery Thriller - Fresh Start
All business access will remain open throughout construction. Bicyclists and pedestrians are reminded of the restricted access around the site during construction. Work is weather and resource dependent.
The overnight detour signals the next phase of construction to replace the bridge as crews conduct median work between the east- and westbound lanes of traffic on the bridge. Replacement of the bridge is being conducted in phases moving from south to north.
More on Colorado Desk
- Pinnacle Roofing Associates Announces Window Screen Repair Services in Colorado
- One Inc. wins 2021 Killer Content Award for 200X ROI account-based marketing campaign through B2B Marketing Agency UviaUs
- Regent Surgical Health Welcomes Melissa Szabad to its Leadership Team as General Counsel
- Mending Kids' Hometown Mission Home Run
- Exquisite #lakefront #homeforsale in @CambridgeMN with stunning upgrades!
The bridges (built in 1956) suffered from prior flood damage (2008) and overall degradation of the structures. The Platte Avenue over Sand Creek Bridge project will replace the two existing bridges with one bridge structure, and the addition of sidewalks along the north and south sides of Platte Avenue over the creek. Construction will also accommodate the future Sand Creek Regional Trail under the Platte Avenue bridge.
Platte Avenue is one of the city's main east/west mobility corridors and the new bridge will accommodate future growth along the corridor by providing additional lanes on Platte Avenue, along with signalizing the intersection at Space Center Drive. Funding for the project totals approximately $14 million, funded in part by the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority and a federal grant.
For more information about this project, visit:
To receive project progress enewsletters, send an email to PlatteSandCreekBridges@gmail.com requesting to be added to notification list.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Innovative Gutter Bins capture pollution before it enters stormwater system
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs: Play COS
- Colorado Springs: REMINDER: Residents invited to weigh in on strategies for transportation improvements
- Mercury Healthcare Launches as the New Brand for Healthgrades Enterprise Software, Technology and Data Analytics Company, Formerly Known as Healthgrades
- Nanotechnology Solves the Problem of Thermal Insulation for Chemical Tanks and Chemical Plant Process Equipment
- Innovision Inc. Adds Virtual Keypad Support to Keypoint Interactive
- Care2Care International Seeks Equity Crowdfunding for Growth
- MedWand Solutions, Inc. and AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc Partner to Enable Next Generation of Telehealth
- Become a Certified Life or Health Coach by Training with The Mind Remapping Academy
- Marketing Launch Team OÜ introduces GrowNections – an invitation only and AI-powered one-stop business-networking focused social media app
- Step Up, Stand Out and Break Through with October's First-Ever Black Professionals Month
- Disruptive PropTech platform an offshoot of online fundraising frontrunner
- Growcentia Launches Into Consumer Garden Market, Announces Mammoth Garden Product Details
- GB & Partners Private Equity Group Acquires Majority Stake in Parking Revenue Recovery Services
- Lazy Turtle Living: Bring A Personal Touch To Your Outdoor Spaces
- Colorado Springs: August events to impact Pikes Peak highway and summit access
- M.D.C. Holdings Announces Offering Of $350 Million Of 3.966% Senior Notes Due 2061
- STW Technic and Elevāt Announce New Partnership for Complete MM-IoT Solution
- Mensa Foundation Honors Danielle Posthuma for Research Identifying Genes Correlated with Intelligence
- Southern Ute Indian Tribe Joins Western States and Tribal Nations Natural Gas Initiative