- CoreSite Announces First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call
- Avo Limo LLC and Spring in Colorado
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs: What is Community Development?
Eastbound traffic on Platte Avenue (including bicyclists and pedestrians) will be detoured each night March 24 through March 26 at Wooten Road north to Galley Road. Motorists should then continue traveling east on Galley Road to the Powers Interchange.
Eastbound lanes of Platte Avenue will remain in a one-lane configuration through May, weather and resource dependent. Expect traffic impacts and delays. Motorists are strongly advised to take alternate routes when possible. All business accesses will remain open throughout construction. Bicyclists and pedestrians are reminded of the restricted access around the site during construction.
More on Colorado Desk
- Pilgrim's Pride Closes $1.0 Billion Sustainability-Linked Senior Notes Offering
- Colorado Springs: COS150 Tree Challenge: How to select your tree
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs: Ready to get the vaccine?
- Sm Kitchen Appliances: Creating Meals and Memories with Premium Kitchen Supplies
- Mensa Foundation Celebrates 50 Years of Unleashing Intelligence
The bridges (built in 1956) suffered from prior flood damage (2008) and overall degradation of the structures. The Platte Avenue over Sand Creek Bridge project will replace the two existing bridges with one bridge structure, and the addition of sidewalks along the north and south sides of Platte Avenue over the creek. Construction will also accommodate the future Sand Creek Regional Trail under the Platte Avenue bridge.
Platte Avenue is one of the city's main east/west mobility corridors and the new bridge will accommodate future growth along the corridor by providing additional lanes on Platte Avenue, along with signalizing the intersection at Space Center Drive. Funding for the project totals approximately $14 million, funded in part by the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority and a federal grant.
For more information about this project, visit: ColoradoSprings.gov/PSCBridge
To receive project progress enewsletters, send an email to PlatteSandCreekBridges@gmail.com requesting to be added to notification list.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado State Land Board Selects Hospitality at Work® to Manage Commercial Property Portfolio
- FuseFX Acquires Australia-based Rising Sun Pictures
- PostNet helps businesses grow through high-quality printed materials
- Guidehouse Insights Report Shows Annual Revenue for the Electric Heavy Commercial Vehicle Market Is Expected to Surpass $370 Billion by 2030
- Nisk Real Estate Launches South Florida Brokerage
- Ovintiv to Host its First Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call and Webcast on April 29, 2021
- Colorado Springs Police Department recognized for prestigious interactive media award
- Ping Identity Announces Date for First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call
- Charles Arnell joins Fast Mobile Home Loans
- Colorado Springs: City Council Chambers Renovation Begins on April 14th
- Insight LiDAR Develops Industry's First "Gesture Detection" Sensing Technology for Autonomous Vehicle LiDAR Systems
- Colorado Springs: Motorless Morning" in Garden of the Gods Park
- BEAR Technologies Receives SOC 2 Type II Attestation
- Screening Eagle Welcomes Darren Burford as New Chief Sales Officer
- Fund Street Technologies' Brand, One Park Financial Earns "Best Places To Work" Award by South Florida Business Journal
- Julia Hair Spring Sale Up To 46% Off With Buy Now Pay Later
- CB Insights Again Names AI.Reverie a Top 100 AI Startup
- New Large Format Custom Print, Branding and Sourcing Company Welcomes Sports Industry Veteran as Founding Partner
- Veritone to Hold Virtual Investor Day and Technology Expo on May 14, 2021
- Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis Implements CrewPro Short Line