The first scheduled project includes Springs Utilities' corrosion protection work on 30th Street between Garden of the Gods Road and Mesa Road. It is scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 19.
Additional construction activities include improvements to utility infrastructure, concrete, paving and resurfacing now through the spring of 2020. The planned widening of 30th Street, between Mesa Road and Fontanero Street, along with installation of a roundabout at Gateway Road, is currently in design with a public meeting anticipated this fall. Construction of the widening project is anticipated to begin in the spring of 2020 and be completed by the fall of 2021.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Summit complex project tackles challenges of construction at 14,000 feet
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
Traffic and access will be restricted and delays are expected. Detour signs and flaggers will be present to direct and maintain traffic routes.
Commuters are encouraged to take alternate routes outside of construction zones. Download Waze, a crowd-sourced mobile traffic application, for up-to-date traffic impacts.
Colorado Springs Utilities and the City will co-host an informational meeting for area residents on Thursday, Sept. 19 from 5:30-7 p.m. More information about the meeting will be distributed as it gets closer to the event date.
For a list of the projects and tentative schedule, visit www.coloradosprings.gov/GOGareaConstruction.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
- Work 365 Offers New, Simplified Provisioning for Microsoft Indirect Partners
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- Colorado Springs: Child Prostitution Arrest
- M Accelerator and Black Dog Venture Partners form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Foreign Startups entering the US Market
- Toll Brothers announces Sept. 21 grand opening of its exclusive clubhouse in Thornton
- Colorado Springs: Mic'd Up: on the job with our 911 training coordinator
- Colorado Springs: Snow crews get ready for winter during annual training
- Steamboat Spring Colorado Named Best Ski Town USA
- Renowned RFID Expert Joins ELATEC as Innovation Manager
- Phoenix: The Most Autism-Friendly City In The World
- New Exhibit Highlights the Founder of Colorado Springs
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Integration of New Technologies Enhances Underwater Inspection (1 PDH)
- Menke to present at the 2019 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum September 17 -18
- Colorado Springs: Preparedness Month: Reduce Your Wildfire Risk
- The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, in Tokyo's Hip Shibuya Neighborhood, Will Open Three New Restaurants in Late November 2019