The first scheduled project includes Springs Utilities' corrosion protection work on 30th Street between Garden of the Gods Road and Mesa Road. It is scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 19.
Additional construction activities include improvements to utility infrastructure, concrete, paving and resurfacing now through the spring of 2020. The planned widening of 30th Street, between Mesa Road and Fontanero Street, along with installation of a roundabout at Gateway Road, is currently in design with a public meeting anticipated this fall. Construction of the widening project is anticipated to begin in the spring of 2020 and be completed by the fall of 2021.
More on Colorado Desk
- BiKi.com Enters Strategic Cooperation with Kava, First DeFi App Built on Cosmos Ecosystem
- Colorado Springs: Community meeting postponed for Smith Creek Natural Area stewardship plan
- Colorado Springs: SmartCOS launches pilot smart streetlight project
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- Mortgage Brokerage Franchise Network Honored at National Awards Ceremony
Traffic and access will be restricted and delays are expected. Detour signs and flaggers will be present to direct and maintain traffic routes.
Commuters are encouraged to take alternate routes outside of construction zones. Download Waze, a crowd-sourced mobile traffic application, for up-to-date traffic impacts.
Colorado Springs Utilities and the City will co-host an informational meeting for area residents on Thursday, Sept. 19 from 5:30-7 p.m. More information about the meeting will be distributed as it gets closer to the event date.
For a list of the projects and tentative schedule, visit www.coloradosprings.gov/GOGareaConstruction.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Navigant Research Report Finds Global Market for Blockchain Applications in Remote & Grid-Connected Microgrids Is Expected to Experience 68% Growth Rate from 2019-2028
- "Bad Love Strikes" on Shelves Now in Tattered Cover Bookstore!
- Colorado Springs: City to begin major construction work on Barnes Road
- The Wrought Patio Furniture: Exquisite Patio Furniture
- Colorado Springs: City Now Accepting Application for 2020 Community Development Block Grant Funds and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Funds
- Colorado Springs: Springs in Bloom encourages residents and businesses to adopt a flower bed
- Colorado Springs: Census FAQ: will there be a citizenship question on the census?
- Argonaut Manufacturing Services and Particle Measuring Systems Partnering for Top Tier Results
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- New innovation in education report highlights why students choose online learning
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo