- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
- The 4A's You Need to Have for a Successful Marriage
The new roadway improves transportation connections, drainage and provides mobility options to west side neighborhoods. Future trail connectivity to Fillmore Street will provide an off-street route for students attending Coronado High School and Holmes Middle School. The project also includes street lighting, landscaping, a pedestrian activated signal for crossing to the open space, a traffic signal at Chestnut Street and at the I-25 / Fontanero Interchange. The road section will include on-street bike lanes on both sides of Centennial Boulevard and a 10-foot multi-purpose trail on the west side that will connect the neighborhoods to the Legacy Loop Plaza and trail connection enabling neighborhood residents to be more connected to downtown.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
"This project will provide a critical transportation connection between Fillmore Street and the I-25 / Fontanero Street interchange. Portions of the corridor have been constructed, or partially constructed through past developments and City projects" said Aaron Egbert, City Project Manager. "I believe this project is a perfect example of how the City collaborated and worked with local community members to create a design that will be efficient, safer and visually appealing," he said.
The extension of Centennial Boulevard was first planned by the City of Colorado Springs more than 30 years ago. Over time with increased development in the area, the City reclassified Centennial Boulevard as a four-lane minor arterial. The road will alleviate traffic congestion along Fillmore and Chestnut Streets while enhancing access to existing and future residential developments, recreational areas, the Veterans Affairs Clinic and other businesses along Fillmore Street and Centennial Boulevard.
More on Colorado Desk
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- Colorado Springs: Frontier Airlines Now Offers Service to Orlando from COS
- September 15 is National Online Learning Day - LearningRx Brain Training Offers Online Training
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
The new Centennial Boulevard connection will be recessed below grade greatly reducing both noise and visual impacts with wider medians in areas. The design team worked to match the grade to the existing topology and fit the road into the valley.
The contractor for the project is SEMA Construction with project management provided by AECOM.
The $20 million project is funded through the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA).
For more information:
Project website: ColoradoSprings.gov/CentennialBlvdExtension
Project updates: To receive progress enewsletters, send your email address to CentennialExt@gmail.com
Project hotline: 719-626-3093
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Provides Update on COVID-19 & Plans for Vaccine Boosters
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- SS&C ALPS Advisors To Close An Exchange Traded Fund
- Braeden Lichti: How Have Pandemic Supply Chain Issues Impacted Businesses and Wall Street?
- Great Wine Gift: A Wine Lovers Paradise, For Any And Everything Wine Accessory Related
- Three Innovative New Buildings Welcome Students Back to the University of Denver Campus This Fall
- Governor Polis, Senator Bennet & State of Colorado Launch Campaign To Ensure Every Colorado Family Can Access Child Tax Credit
- National Association of Tax Professionals releases annual tax preparer fee study
- CORA Vascular Interventional Radiologists strive to save limbs, save lives
- Colorado Springs: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services accepting photo submissions for 2022 calendar
- Loftus Wealth Strategies Celebrates 10 Years with Strategic Expansion
- In a New York Minute : Voglia Swimwear Showcases at New York Fashion Week
- Genmega Launches New Website for ATMs and Kiosks