- Farmland Partners Buys Illinois Farm for $2.4 Million
- Colorado Springs: Saturday's community forum for Coleman Community Park postponed
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
Colorado ranks fourth nationally in LEED-certified buildings, according to an annual ranking by the U.S. Green Business Council
DENVER — Today, the U.S. Green Business Council recognized the Polis Administration's leadership in moving Colorado towards a more sustainable future in building construction, naming Colorado fourth nationally in development of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified buildings in 2021. The Green Business Council's annual ranking of Top States for LEED recognizes states with the greatest increase in gross square footage of LEED-certified space over the past year.
More on Colorado Desk
- Royal Gold Announces Third Quarter Dividend
- Stratum Nutrition® Announces Market Ready Dairy Free BLIS K12® and BLIS M18®
- MC Residential LLC Names Greg Flatt Regional Vice President
- ENERGY33 is awarded an Engineering & Construction Management Contract in Honduras
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
"Ensuring we have a cleaner, healthier Colorado is our mission and I'm proud Colorado is being recognized for our success towards greener, more cost-effective building practices. More efficient buildings save Coloradans money in the short-term with lower operational costs, and advance our goals of reducing pollution and achieving our goal of 100% renewable energy by 2040 and taking bold climate action," said Governor Polis.
LEED is a construction standard used to design buildings to create a healthier environment for people by using fewer resources, reducing carbon emissions, and improving efficiency while also lowering operational costs.
In 2021, 78 projects were certified as LEED within Colorado, representing 2.34 square feet of LEED-certified space per person.
Learn more about the U.S. Green Building Council's annual ranking.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- 54% OFF! Graduation Season Wigs Surprise Sale!!
- Insurance Website Leader, Forge3, Ltd., Releases All-New Platform Interface, ActiveAgency Dashboard
- Stratum Nutrition® Extends Its Patent Portfolio to Europe and Canada
- St. George's School receives gift of $15 million — largest single donation in its history
- Lightwave Logic to Present at 12th Annual LD Micro Invitational
- Western Union to Present at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference on June 2nd
- Rusada appoints Larry Strykowski as Director of Business Development
- Colorado Springs: CAPER Performance Report Public Comment Period
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- UDR Appoints Joe Fisher to President and CFO
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- Stock up on 420 Treats at the Best Dispensary in Boulder & You'll Save Big—Check out Magnolia Road's May Deals Here!
- Donor Alliance Elevates Dr. Paul Lange to Chief Medical Officer
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- Morphy's Secures Right to Auction Peerless Bobby Knudsen Jr Collection of Petroliana & Soda Pop Signs
- DirectDefense Appoints Jared Ballou as Vice President of Business Development
- Colorado: Governor Polis Takes Action in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Colorado: Governor Polis Signs Bills Into Law
- Colorado Springs: Celebrate Get Outdoors Day Saturday, June 4 at Memorial Park