- Farmland Partners Buys Illinois Farm for $2.4 Million
- Colorado Springs: Saturday's community forum for Coleman Community Park postponed
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
DENVER, Jan. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ - Schwazze, (OTCQX:SHWZ) ("Schwazze" or the "Company"), is pleased to announce that it has closed the transaction to acquire the assets of BG3 Investments, LLC dba Drift which consists of two cannabis dispensaries located in Boulder, Colorado. This purchase continues Schwazze's expansion plan in Colorado, adding to the Company's current dispensary footprint, and bringing the total number of dispensaries to twenty. As part of the purchase, Schwazze will also acquire the assets of Black Box Licensing, LLC, which contains certain intellectual property.
"We look forward to adding these dispensaries to our portfolio. The Company remains focused on bringing excellent shopping experiences to all areas of Colorado by providing a wide assortment of quality products along with great service that our customers have come to expect from our brands. We are excited to bring that experience to our customers in Boulder," said Nirup Krishnamurthy, Schwazze's COO.
The consideration for the acquisition was $3.5 million and was paid as $1.9 million in cash, and $1.6 million in common stock.
Since April 2020, Schwazze has announced and/or acquired a total of 32 cannabis dispensaries, including the ten R. Greenleaf New Mexico dispensaries. The Company has also announced and/or acquired in 2021 a total of seven cultivation facilities, three in Colorado - SCG Holding LLC, Brow 2 LLC and Star Buds - and four licensed by Medzen and RGO in New Mexico. The R. Greenleaf acquisition will add a New Mexico manufacturing asset, Elemental Kitchen & Laboratories, LLC, to the Company's manufacturing plant, Purplebee's in Colorado.
More on Colorado Desk
- Royal Gold Announces Third Quarter Dividend
- Stratum Nutrition® Announces Market Ready Dairy Free BLIS K12® and BLIS M18®
- MC Residential LLC Names Greg Flatt Regional Vice President
- ENERGY33 is awarded an Engineering & Construction Management Contract in Honduras
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
In May 2021, Schwazze announced its BioSciences division and in August 2021 it commenced home delivery services in Colorado.
Schwazze (OTCQX: SHWZ) is building a premier vertically integrated regional cannabis company with assets in Colorado and New Mexico and will continue to take its operating system to other states where it can develop a differentiated regional leadership position. Schwazze is the parent company of a portfolio of leading cannabis businesses and brands spanning seed to sale. The Company is committed to unlocking the full potential of the cannabis plant to improve the human condition. Schwazze is anchored by a high-performance culture that combines customer-centric thinking and data science to test, measure, and drive decisions and outcomes. The Company's leadership team has deep expertise in retailing, wholesaling, and building consumer brands at Fortune 500 companies as well as in the cannabis sector. Schwazze is passionate about making a difference in our communities, promoting diversity and inclusion, and doing our part to incorporate climate-conscious best practices. Medicine Man Technologies, Inc. was Schwazze's former operating trade name. The corporate entity continues to be named Medicine Man Technologies, Inc.
Schwazze derives its name from the pruning technique of a cannabis plant to enhance plant structure and promote healthy growth.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements." Such statements may be preceded by the words "may," "estimates", "predicts," or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company's control and cannot be predicted or quantified. Consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) our inability to manufacture our products and product candidates on a commercial scale on our own or in collaboration with third parties; (ii) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (iii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iv) loss of one or more key executives or scientists; (v) difficulties in securing regulatory approval to market our products and product candidates; (vi) our ability to successfully execute our growth strategy in Colorado and outside the state, (vii) our ability to identify and consummate future acquisitions that meet our criteria, (viii) our ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses and realize synergies therefrom, (ix) the actual revenues derived from the Company's Star Buds assets, * the Company's actual revenue and adjusted EBITDA for 2021, (xi) the Company's ability to generate positive cash flow for the rest of 2021 (xii) the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, (xiii) the timing and extent of governmental stimulus programs, and (xiv) the uncertainty in the application of federal, state and local laws to our business, and any changes in such laws. More detailed information about the Company and the risk factors that may affect the realization of forward-looking statements is set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Investors and security holders are urged to read these documents free of charge on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise except as required by law.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Applications Now Open for CSPD Victim Advocacy Volunteer Program
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- PharmaJet Partner, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Launches Clinical Trial for the First in Human Alzheimer's DNA Vaccine
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- DirectDefense Appoints Jared Ballou as Vice President of Business Development
- Colorado: Governor Polis Takes Action in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Colorado: Governor Polis Signs Bills Into Law
- Colorado Springs: Celebrate Get Outdoors Day Saturday, June 4 at Memorial Park
- Colorado Springs: Public invited to help shape future design of Coleman Community Park
- What Colorado Leaders Are Saying About New Laws to Build More Affordable Housing for Vibrant Communities & Increase Community Safety
- Governor Polis Announces Increase in Funding for Landmark Colorado Outdoor Equity Grant Program After Program Receives 170 Funding Requests During Inaugural 2022 Application Cycle
- National CineMedia, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Conference
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Signs Bills into Law in Grand Junction to Improve Access to Housing, Joins CMU Major Announcement to Help Save Students Money
- Free shuttle service begins in downtown Colorado Springs
- Colorado Leading U.S. in Strongest Job Growth Since Before Pandemic & Fastest Growth Since Great Recession
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Kind Home Solutions makes Denver Business Journal's 2022 Best Places to Work list
- QRails Simplifies Earned Wage Access Delivery with Its AnyDay Platform
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- BKV CORPORATION TO ACQUIRE PREMIER BARNETT SHALE UPSTREAM AND MIDSTREAM ASSETS FROM EXXONMOBIL
- Annual Shareholders' Meeting SpineGuard - 8 June 2022
- Colorado: What Public Safety Leaders & Community Advocates Are Saying about New Laws to Make Communities Safer & Ensure Every Coloradan Can Thrive
- Governor Jared Polis Signs Bills to Improve Public Safety to Save Lives and Make Colorado Communities Safer