- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- Sojazzie Home Girl of Delgado Realty & Real African Art Gallery's Home For The Holidays Give Back
- Elaine Y. Weng, MD, is recognized by Continental Who's Who
Intersection to go live September 13, 2022
- Dublin Boulevard and Powers Boulevard – EB Dublin to NB Powers and through lanes on Powers Road.
The 30-day warning period will begin on September 13, 2022, and end on October 13, 2022. Motorists captured by the camera running a red-light at the new intersection will be issued a written warning by mail for the next 30 days during the warning period.
More on Colorado Desk
- OSHA: A worker's Rights and Protections
- 5 Holly-Jolly Festivities Avo Limo can Transport the Family to this Winter
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Colorado: Governor's Mansion Decorated Shiny and Bright for Holiday Season, Public Tours Available for Coloradans
- New SMS Marketing Features Announced for Buying Buddy IDX CRM Solution
On October 13, 2022, the camera will officially go live and drivers who enter the intersections after the light has turned red will receive a $75 citation (no points will be assessed).
Current intersections with red light cameras
- East Platte Avenue and Chelton Road
- Briargate Boulevard and Lexington Drive
- North Academy Boulevard and North Carefree Circle
- North Academy Boulevard and Dublin Boulevard
- Lake Avenue and East Cheyenne Mountain
- Airport Road and South Academy Boulevard
- East Platte Avenue and North Union Boulevard
- East Woodmen Road and Duryea Drive
- Austin Bluffs and North Academy
- Platte and North Murray
- Woodmen Road and Black Forest Road
- Barnes Road and Tutt Boulevard
- Maizeland and North Academy
- Voyager Pkwy and Academy Blvd
- Colorado Ave and 31st Street
- Academy Blvd and Astrozon Blvd
- Voyager Pkwy and Interquest Pkwy
- Union Blvd and Fillmore Street
About the Red-Light Camera Safety Program
More on Colorado Desk
- Biggie Blinds asks, "What supply chain issues?"
- Twisted Sister Makeup Collection Launched by Rock and Roll Beauty
- Niman Ranch's Elle Gadient Recognized on Forbes 30 Under 30 List for Family Farmer Support
- Colorado Springs: Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management Monitoring High Wind and Red Flag Warnings for Thursday and Friday
- Outrigger Energy II LLC Completes Sale of Its DJ Basin Midstream System and Provides Business Update for Its Williston Basin Midstream System
The automated red-light safety camera enforcement program works to change driver behavior through increased enforcement of red-light laws and increased public awareness of red-light running.
Data shows that red-light safety cameras can change driving behavior and city officials chose the locations after evaluating several factors including crash data and where the technology would have the most impact.
Cameras operate 24-hours-a-day and capture images of vehicles when they run a red-light at an intersection. Violations are issued after police personnel confirms a violation has occurred. Signs posted along the street will alert drivers that red-light safety cameras are in use at the intersection ahead. For more information about the program, visit www.ColoradoSprings.gov/RedLightSafety.
Colorado Springs contracts with Verra Mobility as their red-light safety camera vendor. Verra Mobility is the leading provider of red-light and speed camera enforcement programs across North America.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: City Council seeks volunteers to serve on Law Enforcement Transparency and Advisory Commission
- Great American Beer Festival Attendees Experience Silent Disco with CiferNoise Productions
- Entertainer Sidow Sobrino Celebrates his 47th Birthday on December 1st
- Finalists Announced for Colorado Cleantech Awards
- National Minority Health Association Selected by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative for Grant
- ANANDA Scientific Announces FDA Approval of the IND for a Clinical Trial exploring treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- Colorado: Governor Polis Applauds U.S. Senate's Approval of Respect for Marriage Act
- Colorado: Improving Public Safety: Polis Administration Opens Grant Application to Help Law Enforcement Combat Illegal Opioids
- Biggie Blinds celebrates completion of The Reserves at Green Valley Ranch blinds installation
- Westwater Resources to Participate in a Fireside Chat on Tuesday, December 13, 2022, at 11:30 EDT
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Orders Flags Lowered to Honor the Passing of U.S. Representative Donald McEachin from Virginia
- Colorado: Governor Polis Urges Congress to Pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform & Protection for Dreamers
- Colorado: State government offices in Fort Collins and Denver area will open late tomorrow
- PharmaJet Receives NIH Grant to Evaluate use of Needle-free Intradermal Delivery for HPV Immunization
- The Morgridge Family Foundation Launches $1.4M Initiative to Disrupt the Child Welfare System
- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- Mission Rock Residential Lands Management Contract for Orlando Apartment Community
- Advantage Anywhere Launches a Joint Venture and Licensing Partner Program for the Senior Living Industry
- Colorado Springs: Update to Shooting at Club Q - Victim Update