"We're excited to offer Friday's simple, value-packed plans to independent individuals and families in these new states," said Sal Gentile, CEO of Friday Health Plans. "Friday is built specifically for people who don't get their insurance from their employer, and that group is growing as the employment landscape shifts. We believe comprehensive health includes the body and brain, which is why we offer plans with unlimited $0 primary care visits and mental health counseling—in-person and online. That is more critical than ever with what we're going through with COVID-19."
More on Colorado Desk
- Arrow Electronics Helps Disabled Driver Sam Schmidt Return to Competitive Racing
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
Mental health has long been difficult for Americans to access and afford. According to Mental Health America, almost a quarter (22.3%) of all US adults with a mental illness reported that they were not able to receive the treatment they needed while 59% of youth with major depression do not receive any mental health treatment. The current pandemic has exacerbated stress, depression and anxiety and publicly highlighted the need to reach out for help.
"We have developed strategic partnerships to increase access to mental health services for any member who wants them," said Gentile. "Our members can choose from in-person appointments to online options, at no cost to members on most of our plans. For some people, online visits might be a great gateway to getting help for the first time. We're constantly looking for creative ways to increase access to mental health for our members."
Friday Health Plans was started in 2015 by Sal Gentile and David Pinkert, two health technology industry veterans. After the passage of the Affordable Care Act, the pair wanted to start a simpler, friendlier health insurance company, better designed for individuals choosing their own health plan. The company has more than doubled the members it serves or administers this past year. It plans to expand to additional states with its individual and small group offerings.
More on Colorado Desk
- Office Evolution Signs Five Development Deals in Five Weeks
- A Comprehensive Discussion at Offshorecorptalk.com Reveals Anonymous Cryptocurrencies
- Entrinsik Dominates in BARC – BI & Analytics 2021 Survey
- Tryp Technologies Inc Launching Delivery Service, TripDelivers in Nashville, TN
- Americans Bombarded by 9.4 Billion Political Robocalls This Year, Says Nomorobo Report
About Friday Health Plans: Friday Health Plans is purpose-built specifically for people and small businesses who buy their own health insurance. The company focuses on overall simplicity to offer affordable health plans with benefits that help members stay healthy and cover them if they get sick or hurt. Operational efficiency, top-notch customer service, and smart technology are core to Friday's consumer-centric approach. Headquartered in Denver, insurance plans are offered by licensed state-based subsidiaries of Friday Health Plans, Inc. For more information and to find a health plan, visit https://www.fridayhealthplans.com.
SOURCE Friday Health Plans
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- MarketKeep Partners with Heather Hilliard Design
- Financial Solutions Inc. Adds Timeshare Cancellation Services
- Colorado Springs: City launches new project webpage: EngageCOS
- Mark T.C. Bounds is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- The Chocolove Story - 25 Years of Helping People
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Criterion HCM on Top Workplaces Title
- AlphaGraphics named to Franchise Times Top 200+ Ranking
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- Colorado Springs: Six individuals recognized with Mayor's Young Leader Awards
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- Launching New No Touch Tool Made from EPA Registered Alloy
- BridgeHealth Merges with Transcarent; Completes $40 Million Series A Funding
- Pet Releaf Appoints Rod Millott as CFO
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Denver Interior Designer Launches Furniture Line