- Gores Technology Partners, Inc. Announces the Separate Trading of its Class A Common Stock and Warrants Commencing May 3, 2021
- Leave a Financial Legacy for National Brothers and Sisters Day at the Reignite Your Finances Virtual Summit
- LED Panel Back Light Stained Glass and Onyx Stone
Now, the department is proud to announce it has purchased software that will allow our community to view and easily access a majority of our policies right from our website. There are only a few department-level policies that will not be available, as they contain law enforcement sensitive information that if released could hamper our ability to conduct investigations or keep our community safe.
The new webpage can be found here: Colorado Springs Police Department Policies and Procedures.
Some examples of available policies include:
- Use of Force
- Complaints and Internal Investigations
- Treatment of the Public
- Fair and Impartial Policing
- Body Worn Camera
- And more…
More on Colorado Desk
- MedAware Systems Releases Cross-Platform Post Market Product Monitoring Service
- Toll Brothers Announces Final Opportunities to Live in The Enclave at Kechter Farm
- Rapid Technologies Advances to an Elite Partner in the ServiceNow Partner Program
- Offen Petroleum Strengthens its Ozark Region With Acquisition of Petromark
- Peachtree Immediate Care Expands its Network by Adding Four Locations in last Three Weeks
In October of 2020, the department began the extensive process of updating all of the police department's policies. This was done in order to critically analyze our procedures and compare them to best practices from around the country. This, coupled with the newly acquired software, has allowed us the opportunity to make our policies more accessible online.
"I am very excited about the release of this new feature on our website. 2020 was challenging, but it was also a time of growth, listening, and understanding. While we are a good department, we have missed the mark in letting our community know who we are, what we do, and why we do it. Having our policies so easily accessible is not only a great step towards increased transparency but also in building bridges of public trust. We hope our community finds this helpful," says Lt. Dan Thompson who heads CSPD's Professional Development and Compliance Section.
More on Colorado Desk
- TrueDialog Higher Education Texting Solution Named EdTech Award Finalist
- Everyone Can Have Their "15 Minutes" With Former Google PPC Expert, Savio Marian
- Watchmaker Genomics and Molecular Loop Announce Partnership to Expand Access to High-Performance Genetic Tests for SARS-CoV-2 Surveillance
- Nanometrics wins Government of Canada Contract to Provide the Infrastructure for Canada's Early Earthquake Warning System
- Intermap CEO Participates in Interview with Proactive Investors
What will be Included
Previously, the CSPD had 25 policies of public interest published on our website. Now, more than 80 will be available for public view. We expect to finish updating the remaining policies by the end of 2021. As more policies are updated or added, they will be immediately published to the new webpage.
As mentioned, a majority of our policies will be published online, with only a few containing sensitive law enforcement information being omitted. In some policies, there will instead be redactions. Redactions were made so we could still publish the policy without exposing sensitive information.
When viewing the policies, you will see that some areas contain highlighted information. This is not an indication that some information is more or less important than other information, but is used to draw employees' attention to areas that may have recently been changed.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- New Non-Invasive Keloid Treatment using Rhenium-188 now available in South Africa
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Returns to Roots with Jobomax Rebrand
- Makarand Karanjkar joins Wohler as CEO and CTO
- Trade Wars, Pandemic Shortages, Containers Overboard
- Living Abroad Obtains Prestigious Woman-Owned Business Designation
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Cirrus Supports Pursuit in Bringing Financial Assistance to Small Businesses Through Queens Small Business Grant Program
- The Belt Railway Company of Chicago Implements CrewPro Short Line
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- Lowe Forms Denver-Based Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Skye Commercial – Hires Industry Veteran Alec Wynne as Managing Broker
- United Launch Alliance Honors Three Suppliers with Small Business Excellence Award
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Colorado Attorney Discusses Delayed Pain & How You're Still Entitled to Worker's Compensation
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series