Many living and working in Olympic City USA have a personal connection to Pikes Peak. A link so strong, it transcends its moniker, "America's Mountain." Instead, it's our Mountain.
For some, that connection is through hiking, biking, running or camping, or, perhaps, it's an annual mecca to experience the thrill and tradition of the Race to the Clouds. For others, a leisurely drive to the summit is the perfect experience for visiting friends and family. Many of us live in its shadow or simply admire the mountain on our way to work every day.
Those connections are what inspired the My Mountain campaign.
As plans for a new Summit Complex began to take shape, the community asked for an opportunity to play a role, no matter how small. We were told that when the new complex opens in 2020, the entire community not only wants to feel they are a part of it, but that they have intrinsic ownership as locals. The My Mountain campaign was developed as a way for people to do just that.
More on Colorado Desk
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Transaction Announcement - Franchise Sandwich Company
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- TCBY to Offer Free Deal for Veterans
My Mountain Mayor & Luke open captions
Video of My Mountain Mayor & Luke open captions
It doesn't matter how much you give. If someone wants to give $1, that's great, now they are involved and a part of it. If school kids want to collect their pennies and come into Ent Credit Union to feel the pride of having contributed, they should have that opportunity, too. It may be only a few pennies, but to a child, contributing to something bigger than them brings pride and means everything to them. They will talk about that for years and every time they look up at Pikes Peak, they'll be able to say, "That's My Mountain, and I helped build the new visitor center."
That's exactly what My Mountain is designed to do.
The My Mountain campaign isn't an afterthought, thrown together at the last minute to make up for a shortage of funds. This has been the fundraising plan from the beginning.
More on Colorado Desk
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Worldleaders 2019 Sales and Marketing CEO Conference (12/13/2019)
- Menke Celebrates 45 years of Employee Ownership, to Present at the 2019 Employee Owned Conference in Las Vegas
- STFB Inc. Launches SAAS Based ERP System for VAR's, Developers, & Consultants,
- Gov. Murphy, Mayor Fulop & 99 Hudson Panel at Nov 18th Jersey City Summit in 1 Week
Pikes Peak – America's Mountain is a City Enterprise. That means that tax dollars are not being used to build the new summit house. Big donors have already contributed $53 million of the $60 million needed for the project. We're thankful for their donations, of course, and we hope that businesses and corporations, and even individuals wanting to give more, will do so. But Pikes Peak belongs to everyone, and the new Summit Complex is a reflection of our entire community.
The My Mountain campaign gives us all a chance to be a part of this once-in-a-generation opportunity.
- Parachuting vehicles onto the mountain Summit house project tackles challenges of construction at 14,000 feet Summit house project page
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: City to Observe Veterans Day Monday Nov. 11
- RadonAway Announces New Canada Distribution Partnership with Ontor
- TONY CHILD™ ANNOUNCES: The GratiShift™ 30-DAY CHALLENGE......Shift from "not enough" to "ALWAYS ENOUGH."
- City of Colorado Springs Continues Work on Homelessness Initiative as Temps Drop
- MedAware Systems Named Top Start Up by The Tech Tribune
- Breckenridge November 8, 2019 Opening Day
- Hundred, personalized vitamin brand, raises $8MM from Insight Partners to expand to the US market and change the way you take vitamins
- Digital Media Solutions Acquires Insurtech Company UE.co
- Blooming Culture Offers Pet Parents Relief with Innovative CBD Products to Manage Pet Wellness, Travel, and Dosing
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $5.4M Contract
- Seven Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation 2020 Ranking
- Symplast Founder Dr. Shashi Kusuma to Present Multimedia & Telehealth Breakthroughs at the 2019 QMP Aesthetic Surgery Symposium
- Qwyk signs collaborative deal with Chain.io
- CEO Coaching International Receives Prestigious Customer Service Award
- Singapore Expansion, Next for Astor Capital Funds
- ASTOR CAPITAL PLANS $45 M CLEAN ENERGY INITIATIVE The Astor Capital Fund, Alternate Energy group announces an $45M Commitment to Energy Investing --
- Creativity, Community and Teamwork: Menke ESOP Helps Landscape Architecture Firm MKSK Live Its Values
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore LIVE at The Spare Room Inside Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
- One Park Financial Makes Halloween Happy for Kids
- Revolutionary ELEV8 Powertrain Treatment Introduced