The following City of Colorado Springs administrative and elected administrative offices and agencies will be fully closed Monday (Jan. 20) in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- Administrative offices for Mountain Metropolitan Transit City Auditorium – Closed for Business. Private rentals only. City Administration Building City Clerk City Hall Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum Deerfield Hills, Hillside, Meadows Park and Otis Park community centers Memorial Park Recreation Center Municipal Court Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Administrative Building Prospect Lake Rockledge Ranch Historic Site Sales Tax Office Sports Office and Therapeutic Recreation Programs at Memorial Park Starsmore Discovery Center
The following facilities will remain open for normal business hours, unless otherwise noted below:
- Garden of the Gods Park Patty Jewett Golf Course - weather permitting Pikes Peak – America's Mountain – weather permitting
- Uphill gates open at 9 a.m., last gate
More on Colorado Desk
- CJV Real Estate Has a New Listing in Denver, CO 80203
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- Public Skating: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day commemorative events:
All People's Breakfast
The All People's Breakfast returns this year on Jan. 20 from 7:30-10 a.m. at the Reid Arena, El Pomar Sports Center. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the Worner Campus Center information desk (902 N. Cascade Ave.) from January 7-18 while supplies last. Tickets will not be sold at the door. All ticket proceeds benefit the NAACP's and the Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission's scholarship programs. For more info, visit https://coloradosprings.gov/city-communications/article/calendar-event/all-peoples-breakfast-and.
Rally & March
Following the MLK All People's Breakfast, a rally and march will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the Worner Campus Center and proceed to Acacia Park in downtown Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs Police Department will provide a motor escort with rolling closures along the route, and commuters should expect traffic delays during the march.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- You're Invited to a FREE First-time Homebuyer's Seminar on March 28th at Mosaic in Fort Collins
- Millionacres Announces Speakers for Mogul Real Wealth Summit in San Diego
- Discovery Map's Sam and Ann Douglass celebrate 25 years of Making Maps, Friends and Memories
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- Dr. Greg Still Honored with ACFAS Distinguished Service Award
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- DaVita Names Kenny Gardner Chief People Officer
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- Colorado Springs: Registration now open for the 2020 Mayor's Cup golf tournament
- "The Art of Email Security" Book Seeks To Help Companies Improve Their Cybersecurity Culture
- Colorado Springs: Westside residents and businesses asked to "Be Bear Smart, Do our Part"
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- Morpheus Data Named a Leader in Gartner's 2020 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Management Platforms for the Second Year in a Row