- Red Light Cameras Added in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs: Storytelling audio tour offers new experience in Garden of the Gods Park
- Colorado: Governor Polis's Budget Director Lauren Larson Elected as National Association of State Budget Officers President
This exercise is seeking residents from the following neighborhoods:
- Comstock Village
- Golden Hills
Participating residents will evacuate their homes to a pre-determined location. Participants will receive lunch, be entered in a drawing, receive a briefing from local emergency responders, and have the opportunity to visit educational displays.
- Agencies participating include
- Colorado Springs Police
- Colorado Springs Fire Department
- The American Red Cross
- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
- The Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency ManagementThe City and County are consolidating their Offices of Emergency Management in an effort to optimize staff resources, establish a single point of contact during major incidences and enhance communication both during and after an event. The new office, the Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management (PPR-OEM) will support operations during a disaster or emergency in El Paso County and Colorado Springs.Because disaster knows no jurisdictional boundaries, we can most efficiently prepare for an emergency and respond to one by coordinating our efforts on a regional basis. The establishment of the PPR-OEM will allow the county and the city to more effectively coordinate and assist first responders in an emergency as well as preparing the government and the community for a disaster.
- and many more organizations that support local emergencies.
These groups and many more are working together to prepare our neighborhoods for emergencies and disasters.
More on Colorado Desk
- Double-Digit Franchise Signings & New Openings Fuel Momentous Mid-Year Growth for Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii
- Liberty Media Corporation Prices Upsized Private Offering of $425 Million of 2.25% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2027
- Grammy Award Winning Singer, Songwriter and Producer David Longoria Joins the List of Artists at VANC Fest 2022
- Top Front Range Colorado Roofing Company Expands Service Areas
- Positive Powerful Women Gather to Promote Unity in the Grand Canyon State
Pre-Registration is required for the evacuation drill on June 25th and participation will be limited. The informational meeting June 8th is optional and does not require advance registration.
- Pre-Evacuation Sign-Up Meeting
- Wednesday, Jun 8
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Foothills Elementary School
- 825 Allegheny Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Evacuation Drill
- Saturday, June 25
- 10:20 – 12:30 p.m.
- Instructions will be provided to registered participants
"Evacuation drills like this are an excellent way to understand how and why to evacuate," said Jim Reid, Director of the Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, "We practice so that when we really need to evacuate during an incident, we are not learning how to do it for the first time. On this tenth anniversary of the Waldo Canyon Fire, we want to make sure we keep improving our community's safety by practicing how to evacuate."
The evacuation drill is part of efforts to build awareness for overall preparedness during a wildfire. For information and to register to participate, please visit www.ColoradoSprings.gov/2022EvacDrill . Residents of the specified subdivisions listed above can also register online, or in person by attending the Pre-Evacuation Sign-Up Meeting at the date and location listed above.
More on Colorado Desk
- Advanced Energy's AC/DC Board-Mounted Converter Simplifies Reliable Operation in Industrial and Telecom Applications
- Maxar to Build 14 Spacecraft Platforms for L3Harris as Part of Space Development Agency's Tranche 1 Tracking Layer Program
- Serenity Movers Delivers First-Class Moving Services in NYC
- Colorado Springs: Sunrise openings return on Pikes Peak – America's Mountain
- UPSKLS Acquires Work Simplr to Change the Way Work Gets Done
Media Note: There are opportunities for media to cover the evacuation drill. More information will be released Tuesday, Jun 21. Confirmed areas participating in the evacuation drill: Highlighted on the Map (Discovery, Golden Hills, and Comstock neighborhoods).
Latest on Colorado Desk
- SUSIE WINDERS APPOINTED GENERAL COUNSEL AND CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER OF RE/MAX HOLDINGS, INC.
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Veritone Voice Breaks Language Barriers with David Meltzer's The Playbook Podcast Reaching Over 500 Million Spanish Speakers
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Statement on Line of Duty Death of El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- Colorado Author Writes a Magical Killer Whale Tale
- Gatos Silver Provides Bi-Weekly Status Report
- Colorado: Polis Administration's Insurance Commissioner Conway Appointed to Congressional Budget Office Panel of Health Advisers
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Protecting Consumers and Saving People Money: Bipartisan Hospital Transparency Law to Take Effect Across Colorado on August 10th
- Colorado Springs: Military advocate and spouse, Heba Abdelaal, honored with Spirit of the Springs Award
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- Advanced Energy to Participate at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Menashe Properties, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Stanford Place III
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Advanced Energy Adds 300 W Power Supply to SLB Series, Expanding its Low Power Open Frame Products
- Colorado Springs: City Council seeks volunteers to serve on Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Polis Administration Announces New Steps & Resources to Combat Monkeypox in Colorado, Applauds Federal Monkeypox Public Health Emergency Declaration to Help Ensure More Resources are Available to States