Only vehicles with a disability placard or license plate and vehicles with young children in car seats will be allowed to park on the summit. All other guests will be required to take a shuttle from the 16-mile parking area or the 13-mile parking lot. There is no additional charge for the shuttle.
In response to COVID-19, modifications are being applied to shuttle service. This includes physical distancing for all waiting lines, less than 50 percent capacity in each shuttle and increased cleaning and disinfection of shuttles throughout the day. For the safety of all staff and guests, face coverings are required for all guests riding the shuttle, drivers and parking attendants. Guests who do not have a face covering to use in the shuttle will only be allowed to drive to the 16-mile parking area. Face coverings are available for purchase at the gift shops.
More on Colorado Desk
- How to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Colorado Springs: Flood mitigation project to protect Garden of Gods Park, downstream communities nears completion
- The City of Colorado Springs Partners with ParkMobile for Contactless Parking Payments
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
Guests are encouraged to purchase admission tickets online in advance of their visit. There is a 20 percent discount for guests who purchase one-day admission tickets online during the month of May using discount code "May20." As always, access is weather permitting and visitors should call 719-385-7325 for the most up-to-date road conditions. Refunds are not available.
In addition to the summit, there are other areas to explore on Pikes Peak – America's Mountain, including the North Slope Recreation Area, which features numerous opportunities for hiking, biking, as well as three reservoirs for fishing and boating. A free parking permit is required for access to the Catamount Reservoirs. These permits can be reserved online and a limited quantity is available at the Gateway on a first-come basis.
The South Slope Recreation Area is set to open June 4, weather permitting. Use of this area is by permit only. Registration opens May 28. It is open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
For more information about Pikes Peak – America's Mountain, including updates on the Pikes Peak Summit Complex, visit www.pikespeakcolorado.com.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Space Foundation Launches the Center for Innovation and Education
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs podcast: City Budget Impacts
- Introducing Our Newest Course: COVID-19 in Healthcare
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Special Awards & Double Free LaMar's Donuts Go to Essential Service Professionals on National Donut Day
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- MedAware Systems launches Comprehensive AI Adverse Event and Literature Surveillance
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)