- Alterra Mountain Company Names New President & COO of Mammoth Mountain & June Mountain in California
- Promote Your SoundCloud and YouTube Video Online with the help of Music Promotion Club
- Fund Street Technologies Brand, One Park Financial is Certified 4 Years in a Row as a Great Place to Work®
Pedal Through History
General William Jackson Palmer's daughter Dorothy teaching him to ride a bike.
Photo courtesy of the Pikes Peak Library District
Written on the back of the photograph: "Dorothy Teaching General to ride her bike. Note Echo Rocks in the background."
Ride along one or more of five pre-designated routes. Choose the historic loop that fits you and your family and friends, fitness level and curiosity about Colorado Springs. Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/PedalOurPast to explore historic tours in five neighborhoods:
- The Legacy Loop
- Old Colorado City
- Southeast Colorado Springs
- Hillside Neighborhood
The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum has identified points of interest on these five neighborhood routes. During the entire month of June riders can stop at and learn about historic locations, sites and points of interest through temporary informational signs along the City's trail system.
More on Colorado Desk
- Wiland, Inc. Announcement
- Colorado Springs: Fall 2021 Public Meeting Survey
- Simplifya Makes Major Q2 Moves with Closing of $6 Million Series B Round, Addition of Jeff Katz to Board of Directors and Imminent Launch of TENDRTM Payment Processing Solution
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
"Bicycles are the perfect tool to explore a city: They are fast enough that you can cover some ground, slow enough that you can really see things, nimble enough that you can stop at a moment's notice, and open not just to sights, but to scents, sounds, tastes, and tactile and kinetic elements too. So there's no better way to experience the history of the city in its landscape than a tour by bike," said Kate Brady, Senior Bicycle Planner for the City of Colorado Springs.
This event will replace the annual Bike to Work Day event held every June.
"Beards Bonnets and Bikes" family ride with Mayor Suthers
Fashion your best bonnet and burliest (or well-trimmed) beard and ride like it's 1871 with Mayor John Suthers and his wife Janet for Beards, Bonnets and Bikes! to kick of the 2021 season of family rides for Kids on Bikes.
When: Saturday, June 5, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
More on Colorado Desk
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit
- Veritone Awarded US Patent for Dynamic AI Model Orchestration
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- APX Founder Terri Ross Returns as a Featured Speaker at the 2021 AmSpa Medical Spa & Aesthetic Bootcamps
- OpenSSL 3.0 Release Candidate now available
Where: The ride starts and ends at America the Beautiful Park, located at 126 Cimino Drive.
Route: The ride is a six-mile round trip along the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail at a very relaxed pace with minimal street crossings. The group will enjoy popsicles at the halfway point at what has affectionately become known as the PopCycle Bridge (on the Pikes Peak Greenway at Van Buren Street).
*Pedal Our Past is organized by the City of Colorado Springs and is supported by local media partners KOAA News5, Magic 98.5 FM and The Colorado Springs Independent Newspaper. A special thanks to our organizing sponsors, the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum, Bike Colorado Springs, and the Trails and Open Space Coalition.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Certified Forensic Death Investigators (CFDI) Program for Criminal Defense Investigators
- Syxsense Welcomes Dave R Taylor as Chief Marketing Officer - Invests to Expand on Growth
- Xtreme Vibe TV Heads To Amazon Prime Video
- Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. Appoints Audrey Robertson to Its Board of Directors
- Rebel Medicine Solves Weight Loss For Moms With Biologically Appropriate Plan, The Diet Killer
- Downtown road closures planned due to Colorado Springs Western Street Breakfast Wednesday, June 16
- Atlant Health - Chiropractic & Functional Medicine announces opening of new location in Midtown New York City
- Robinson moves into the top 10 on "The Fabricator" FAB 40 list
- As the World Returns to Normal, Liquid Core® Gum Company Marks the Comeback of Air Travel with "Live Life & FLY" Campaign
- Prism Continues to Innovate to Help Live Music Industry Pros Bounce Back from a Devastating Year
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Joseph P. Brock, Hired
- Children Rising Launches Free Online Tutoring to Boost COVID Recovery for Elementary School Children
- deepwatch Launches New Mobile Application for Easy Access to Managed Detection and Response Services
- RealTrends Ranks Jennifer Young Homes #58 in the Nation
- Abstract Published in Neuro-Oncology Demonstrates Curtana Pharmaceuticals' CT-179 Prolonged Event-free Survival in an Animal Model of Medulloblastoma
- EclecticIQ Joins Health-ISAC Navigator™ Program
- Solid Power, Industry-leading All-solid-state Battery Producer, To List On NASDAQ Through Merger With Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III
- Guidehouse Insights Anticipates Global Investment in Warehouse Management Systems Infrastructure for the E-Commerce Sector Will Exceed $10 Billion in 2030
- Ping Identity Announces Offering of Common Stock by Selling Stockholders
- Docusign stock sees large unusual options activity