- Legacy Distribution Group to Begin Distribution for Rap Snacks
- Colorado: Governor Polis: Get Your Booster Following Additional FDA, CDC Authorization of Booster Shots
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Yolanda M. Fennick to the El Paso County Court in the 4th Judicial District
"The real beauty of a bioblitz is that it provides an opportunity for everyone in the community to get involved with science and experience a park or open space in a new way," said Gillian Rossi, park ranger supervisor. "We look forward to working with citizen scientists to help better paint the picture of Stratton Open Space."
The Ridgeway Trailhead parking lot will be closed Saturday and Sunday for the event. Participants should park at Cheyenne Mountain High School (1200 Cresta Road), where they will be shuttled to and from the Ridgeway Trailhead. Masks are required on the shuttle.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs Airport Traffic Continues to Increase
- 11:15 ET A Message from the National Solar Conference Chair
- Best Buy Black Friday 2021 from Nadula Hair-Grab with Both Hands!
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Andy Harris To Speak at Chief Executive Conference
- Axiros Launches New Release of AXACT 2021.4
Guided hikes begin Friday evening with a Bat Flight Hike from 8:30-9:30 p.m. near the South Suburban Reservoir to monitor bat acoustics. Daytime wildlife hikes will be offered on Saturday and Sunday, including Beginner Birders, Bug Blitz, Hike Like Bigfoot, and a Hiking Scavenger Hunt. Find the full schedule and register for the guided hikes at https://coloradosprings.gov/parks/article/calendar-event/stratton-open-space-bioblitz.
For those who prefer to participate solo, simply download the iNaturalist app and note your observations in the open space. The free app maps and helps identify flora, fauna, and fungi. The process is simple: snap a picture or take a recording, then work with the app to identify the plant or animal. All observations in the project area are saved and stored for future analysis. If you don't know what you found, the iNaturalist community will help identify it for you.
The Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOPS) program started hosting community bioblitzes in 2017 to get a snapshot of biodiversity within parks and open spaces citywide. Over time, these snapshots will be compared to reveal how the areas' ecosystems are changing and can provide insight into management practices. TOPS is a city sales and use tax that protects and preserves trails, open space and parks citywide. Since 1997, it has preserved nearly 7,200 acres of open space. For more information on TOPS, visit ColoradoSprings.gov/TOPS.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado: Polis-Primavera Administration Launches Historic Program to Connect Youth to Free Counseling Sessions
- California Pools Opens Dallas Office, The Company's 5th Texas Location
- John A. K. Lowe Joins New Advisory Board Of International Business Circle
- Subir Chowdhury awarded UK's prestigious Manufacturing Gold Medal
- Best Places to Work in Dallas, TX
- 08:48 ET Exer Joins Digital Therapeutics Alliance in Mission to Transform Global Healthcare
- 1,256 Colored Shape NFTs Just Sold Out In One Hour
- Colorado: Governor Polis on FDA Advisory Committee Approval of Pfizer Vaccine for Kids Ages 5 to 11
- Colorado Springs to add 343 acres of open space to its outdoor amenities
- Bob Holz to release new album featuring John Mclaughlin, Jean Luc Ponty, Darryl Jones and Randy Brecker
- Colorado Springs: Fire mitigation work to take place at Rock Ledge Ranch Thursday-Saturday
- 13:30 ET a2 Milk & Hershey to Release Co-Branded Chocolate Milk
- DemandBlue announces its Revenue Cloud Accelerator Program to fast-track Salesforce CPQ implementation
- The World's Largest Oil Painting. A 400-Year-Old Murder. A Disembodied Whisper
- Paula McGee-Davis of Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. Among This Year's North American Meat Institute's Emerging Leaders
- Yes Energy Launches Position Management
- The Ancient Medicine Provides Solution to Modern Infertility Problem in Monmouth County, NJ
- Informer Repeats as Best Price to Value in BARC BI & Analytics 2022 Survey
- 4 Reasons Why Retail Media is indispensable for CPG Brands
- Business Help Network Announces The Big Push: Q4 Summit, a Virtual Event that Helps Entrepreneurs Succeed