- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Two New Editions Featuring Insights From Top F&B Experts
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
"The state has been working hard to ensure we continue to protect Coloradans and our most vulnerable from this deadly virus. Colorado has the resources and the infrastructure in place to continue offering the vaccine to the unvaccinated to end the pandemic, while also distributing boosters," said Governor Jared Polis. "We have the ability to end the pandemic and have to show the will to end it — getting the safe and effective vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and your family and to end the pain brought on by this pandemic."
The federal government has informed the public that September 20 is the planned date to begin providing boosters to the general population and in mid-August, the state of Colorado advised vaccination providers to offer third doses to immunocompromised Coloradans. To break down barriers to immunocompromised Coloradans getting their third dose, the state has made it so Coloradans can self-report their conditions, including simply stating they have a weak immune system due to age and preexisting conditions.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
A third dose of the vaccine allows the immunocompromised to achieve the same level of protection from the COVID-19 virus that healthy people have with two doses. 2.4% of Coloradans have received boosters to date.
"Every single county has at least one vaccine provider in their county so please get the safe and effective vaccine today and urge your friends and family to join you. The effort to vaccinate 75% of Coloradans has been a remarkable effort between the state and our providers. We're not done yet and we will do all that we can to vaccinate the remaining 25% while ensuring that it is easy for all Coloradans to receive the booster when it is their turn to get it," said COVID-19 Incident Commander Scott Bookman.
"Our initial vaccine plan focused on protecting our most vulnerable populations like our seniors and our booster plan will follow a similar goal of saving the most lives. The State is currently working with our long-term care facilities to ensure that we can provide boosters to our most vulnerable," said Lieutenant Colonel Jamie Pieper, Colorado National Guard and Senior Advisor for COVID-19 Vaccination. "We are being aggressive with our planning estimates and making the forward-thinking assumption that 100% of Coloradans who received their second dose vaccines will want to receive a booster."
More on Colorado Desk
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- Colorado Springs: Frontier Airlines Now Offers Service to Orlando from COS
- September 15 is National Online Learning Day - LearningRx Brain Training Offers Online Training
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
More than 75% of all eligible Coloradans have received at least one dose of the vaccine and efforts continue to reach each and every unvaccinated Coloradan. The majority of people hospitalized due to COVID-19 are unvaccinated.
For more information on where to get the vaccine, please visit covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine
View today's press conference.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- SS&C ALPS Advisors To Close An Exchange Traded Fund
- Braeden Lichti: How Have Pandemic Supply Chain Issues Impacted Businesses and Wall Street?
- Great Wine Gift: A Wine Lovers Paradise, For Any And Everything Wine Accessory Related
- Three Innovative New Buildings Welcome Students Back to the University of Denver Campus This Fall
- Governor Polis, Senator Bennet & State of Colorado Launch Campaign To Ensure Every Colorado Family Can Access Child Tax Credit
- National Association of Tax Professionals releases annual tax preparer fee study
- CORA Vascular Interventional Radiologists strive to save limbs, save lives
- Colorado Springs: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services accepting photo submissions for 2022 calendar
- Loftus Wealth Strategies Celebrates 10 Years with Strategic Expansion
- In a New York Minute : Voglia Swimwear Showcases at New York Fashion Week
- Genmega Launches New Website for ATMs and Kiosks