- Farmland Partners Buys Illinois Farm for $2.4 Million
- Colorado Springs: Saturday's community forum for Coleman Community Park postponed
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
DENVER - Today, Colorado Governor Jared Polis and Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker sent a bipartisan letter to President Biden calling on the President to urge the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to act quickly to authorize a safe, effective, lifesaving COVID-19 vaccine for children under 5.
"Parents have been told, over and over again, that COVID-19 vaccines are on the horizon for their children. They deserve the peace of mind that comes with being able to choose to protect their children through vaccination," Gov. Polis and Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts wrote.
More on Colorado Desk
- Royal Gold Announces Third Quarter Dividend
- Stratum Nutrition® Announces Market Ready Dairy Free BLIS K12® and BLIS M18®
- MC Residential LLC Names Greg Flatt Regional Vice President
- ENERGY33 is awarded an Engineering & Construction Management Contract in Honduras
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
"Ensuring the vaccine is accessible to families with children under 5 will help keep our kids in the classroom and daycare, give parents more peace of mind, and help put the pandemic behind us. American families are making long-awaited plans to see grandparents and loved ones, but are anxiously facing the third summer in a row that their youngest children remain unprotected. With courts rolling back the mask mandate, parents are given very grave decisions on how to move on past the pandemic with their children still not eligible for the vaccine. Many parents of young children feel left behind, and are angry and dismayed," the Governors' letter continues.
"COVID-19 vaccines for children younger than 5 will be integral to our future success and our country moving past the COVID pandemic. We can strengthen community immunity in
preparation for the next surge. We urge the FDA to not delay in reviewing Moderna's application and give the review of a lifesaving COVID-19 vaccine for our youngest children the attention, urgency and action it deserves. The time is now," the letter continues.
More on Colorado Desk
- Colorado Springs: Applications Now Open for CSPD Victim Advocacy Volunteer Program
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- PharmaJet Partner, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Launches Clinical Trial for the First in Human Alzheimer's DNA Vaccine
Governor Polis has continuously advocated for the authorization of a safe and effective vaccine for children under age 5 and in April, Governor Polis wrote to President Biden urging action on this issue. Colorado is home to a quarter million children younger than the age of 5 and the Polis administration's Roadmap to Moving Forward which is supported by local leaders also urged the FDA to approve the vaccine for all ages.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- DirectDefense Appoints Jared Ballou as Vice President of Business Development
- Colorado: Governor Polis Takes Action in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Colorado: Governor Polis Signs Bills Into Law
- Colorado Springs: Celebrate Get Outdoors Day Saturday, June 4 at Memorial Park
- Colorado Springs: Public invited to help shape future design of Coleman Community Park
- What Colorado Leaders Are Saying About New Laws to Build More Affordable Housing for Vibrant Communities & Increase Community Safety
- Governor Polis Announces Increase in Funding for Landmark Colorado Outdoor Equity Grant Program After Program Receives 170 Funding Requests During Inaugural 2022 Application Cycle
- National CineMedia, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Conference
- Colorado: Gov. Polis Signs Bills into Law in Grand Junction to Improve Access to Housing, Joins CMU Major Announcement to Help Save Students Money
- Free shuttle service begins in downtown Colorado Springs
- Colorado Leading U.S. in Strongest Job Growth Since Before Pandemic & Fastest Growth Since Great Recession
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Kind Home Solutions makes Denver Business Journal's 2022 Best Places to Work list
- QRails Simplifies Earned Wage Access Delivery with Its AnyDay Platform
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- BKV CORPORATION TO ACQUIRE PREMIER BARNETT SHALE UPSTREAM AND MIDSTREAM ASSETS FROM EXXONMOBIL
- Annual Shareholders' Meeting SpineGuard - 8 June 2022
- Colorado: What Public Safety Leaders & Community Advocates Are Saying about New Laws to Make Communities Safer & Ensure Every Coloradan Can Thrive
- Governor Jared Polis Signs Bills to Improve Public Safety to Save Lives and Make Colorado Communities Safer