- United Flea Markets Acquires Treasure Aisles Flea Market in Monroe, Ohio
- Espanita Artisanal Tequila Awarded Gold At 2020 USA Spirits Awards
- FLITE Material Sciences Wins the 2020 Oil & Gas Cleantech Challenge
"Many nonprofits have served as first responders during COVID and it has placed a tremendous burden on their resources. Other nonprofits, like museums and theaters, have lost revenue because of the shut down and social distancing," said Kelly Dunkin, president and CEO of Community First Foundation, the organization that runs the event. "Colorado Gives Day is our chance to support and show gratitude for the nonprofits that keep Colorado wonderful. They need us more than ever this year."
Since its inception in 2010, Colorado Gives Day has raised $257 million for Colorado nonprofits, making it among the most successful giving days in the nation. Last year alone, donors gave more than 165,407 individual donations to 2,610 nonprofits totaling $40 million, breaking all previous records.
"As a longtime corporate partner, it's been an honor to witness the growth in statewide giving year after year and the monumental impact it's made on our communities," said Brian Larson, Regional President of FirstBank. "The $40 million raised in 2019 goes a long way toward supporting Colorado nonprofits, and we're hopeful Colorado Gives Day 2020 will have an even greater impact."
More on Colorado Desk
- City Council adopts Colorado Springs' first public art master plan; approves acquisition of additional 40 acres of open space in Corral Bluffs
- Gates Industrial to Participate in Credit Suisse's 8th Annual Global Industrials Conference
- 2020 Colorado Cleantech Awards Finalists Announced
- Visible Teams Up with Dan Levy and His Iconic Eyebrows in New "Unlimited Eyebrowsing" Ad Campaign
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
Donors can search for local nonprofits on ColoradoGives.org to learn more and donate on Colorado Gives Day. Donations can also be scheduled now to process on Colorado Gives Day, and all donations, including scheduled donations, will be boosted by an incentive fund of more than $1 million.
- Governor's Video Proclamation
- More information on Colorado Gives Day 2020 is available online at ColoradoGives.org. For statistics on last year's Colorado Gives Day and year-over-year comparisons, please visit ColoradoGives.org/Data&Reports.
- Photos and Donor Video Stories and Nonprofit Video Stories you can use.
About Community First Foundation
Community First Foundation strives to connect ideas, people and resources to create lasting community solutions. Since 1975, we've been dedicated to listening to all voices, sharing big ideas, and co-creating innovative strategies. We help donors with philanthropic planning, support nonprofits with grants and resources, and build resilient and thriving communities through connection. More about Community First Foundation.
More on Colorado Desk
- Arapahoe/Douglas Works! and CompTIA Partner to Assist Displaced Workers Through Free IT Training Program
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
FirstBank began providing banking services in Colorado in 1963. Today, the bank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates more than 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. FirstBank offers a variety of checking accounts, savings accounts, home equity loans, mortgages, and a full range of commercial banking services, including financing, treasury management and deposit accounts. Since 2000, FirstBank has been recognized as a leader in corporate philanthropy, contributing nearly $70 million and thousands of volunteer hours to charitable organizations. The company is also unique in that a large portion of its stock is owned by management and employees, giving employees a financial stake in the bank's success through its Employee Stock Ownership Program. For more information, visit www.efirstbank.com. Member FDIC.
Beth McConkey, 720.898.5919
Jake Holtrop, 713-205-0126
SOURCE Community First Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- OtterBox Has a Gift for Everyone on Your List
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
- US Stock Dividends Dropped 3.9% While Global Dividends Fell 11% in Q3
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket
- 14th Annual Tour DaVita Raises Nearly $1 Million for Bridge of Life
- NAC Welcomes New OCC Proposed Rule To Help Provide Access to Banking Services for ATM Operators
- Western Union Advances Its Digital Growth Strategy With Investment in stc pay
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Stetson University
- Colorado Springs: Mountain Metro Returns to Normal Weekend Service
- City of Colorado Springs receives $340,000 grant from Great Outdoors Colorado for community-based stewardship projects
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Midland East Celebrates Topping Off
- Colorado Springs: Bancroft Park's self-cleaning restrooms named America's Best Restroom® by Cintas
- Liggett Group, Vector Tobacco, and Xcaliber International File Preliminary Injunction Against the State of Colorado in United States Federal Court
- Colorado Springs: First five years of 2C paving program comes to a close
- Colorado Springs makes shortlist of permanent U.S. Space Command headquarters candidates
- Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Dashboard as Demand for Securing Remote Workers Surges
- Trifecta for Home Sellers- Taking Advantage of the Market
- Kaufman & Kaufman, LLC. Will Help You Settle Your Case
- Toll Brothers at The Timbers Releases New Home Sites