- Colorado: Governor Polis: Get Your Booster Following Additional FDA, CDC Authorization of Booster Shots
- Legacy Distribution Group to Begin Distribution for Rap Snacks
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Yolanda M. Fennick to the El Paso County Court in the 4th Judicial District
The climbing boulder, installed Sept. 17, was donated by The North Face through The Trust for Public Land (TPL), a key project partner and national nonprofit organization. It was designed with input from the RISE Southeast Youth Advisory Council (YAC), a group of young leaders ages 12-18 who live in southeast Colorado Springs and are working to improve the southeast through resident-led change.
The boulder's unique design provides a variety of natural, sculpted holds and routes with natural-looking fossil imprints included throughout. This one-of-a-kind realistic boulder was fabricated in Colorado by Gunnison-based ID Sculpture.
The splashpad was a community priority and will provide refreshing fun for all in the heat of summer from May-September each year. It features a recirculation system with a large underground water reservoir tank that will conserve millions of gallons of water annually. The tank, which was installed Sept. 18, has a working capacity of 2,700 gallons and weighs more than 13,000 pounds. Sure to be a visitor favorite, the splashpad was contributed by TPL with funding made possible by a variety of donors.
More on Colorado Desk
- 11:15 ET A Message from the National Solar Conference Chair
- Best Buy Black Friday 2021 from Nadula Hair-Grab with Both Hands!
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Andy Harris To Speak at Chief Executive Conference
- Axiros Launches New Release of AXACT 2021.4
- Colorado: Office of Saving People Money on Health Care Releases Report on Broad Financial Impacts of High Health Care Costs
Crews broke ground on Panorama, the largest neighborhood park renovation in city history, on May 8, 2021 and work is expected to be complete in the summer of 2022. Prior to this community-led renovation, the majority of land in Panorama was under-developed.
In addition to the climbing boulder and splashpad, other key features of the transformed park are a universally accessible playground; an event lawn with shade trees for hosting music and performances; a bike park; a youth area with skate features; a multi-use sports field; fitness stations; and community-inspired art.
The total Panorama renovation cost is an estimated $8.5 million, which came from a variety of funding sources, including $500,000 from 2018 TABOR retention funds approved by voters as ballot issue 2B in 2019; $1 million from Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOPS) sales tax funds; $4 million from Parkland Dedication Ordinance funds; and funding from private partners.
Major funding partners include the Colorado Health Foundation; Colorado Springs Health Foundation; El Pomar Foundation; Great Outdoors Colorado; Lyda Hill Philanthropies; RISE Southeast; Transforming Safety Colorado; The Anschutz Foundation/Gazette Charities; and TPL.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- California Pools Opens Dallas Office, The Company's 5th Texas Location
- John A. K. Lowe Joins New Advisory Board Of International Business Circle
- Subir Chowdhury awarded UK's prestigious Manufacturing Gold Medal
- Best Places to Work in Dallas, TX
- 08:48 ET Exer Joins Digital Therapeutics Alliance in Mission to Transform Global Healthcare
- 1,256 Colored Shape NFTs Just Sold Out In One Hour
- Colorado: Governor Polis on FDA Advisory Committee Approval of Pfizer Vaccine for Kids Ages 5 to 11
- Colorado Springs to add 343 acres of open space to its outdoor amenities
- Bob Holz to release new album featuring John Mclaughlin, Jean Luc Ponty, Darryl Jones and Randy Brecker
- Colorado Springs: Fire mitigation work to take place at Rock Ledge Ranch Thursday-Saturday
- 13:30 ET a2 Milk & Hershey to Release Co-Branded Chocolate Milk
- DemandBlue announces its Revenue Cloud Accelerator Program to fast-track Salesforce CPQ implementation
- The World's Largest Oil Painting. A 400-Year-Old Murder. A Disembodied Whisper
- Paula McGee-Davis of Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. Among This Year's North American Meat Institute's Emerging Leaders
- Yes Energy Launches Position Management
- The Ancient Medicine Provides Solution to Modern Infertility Problem in Monmouth County, NJ
- Informer Repeats as Best Price to Value in BARC BI & Analytics 2022 Survey
- 4 Reasons Why Retail Media is indispensable for CPG Brands
- Business Help Network Announces The Big Push: Q4 Summit, a Virtual Event that Helps Entrepreneurs Succeed
- Sidow Sobrino duo releases first collaborative LP